Forums/Armchair-GM

What is Fenton planning part 2 Leipold making a splash edition

Créé par: TanSor
Équipe: 2019-20 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 27 févr. 2019
Publié: 28 févr. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Ironically, Craig Leipold just came out with a video to the season ticket holders of this team saying they will be looking to make a splash in free agency. In the midst of looking at possible free agents myself, this is the second "installment" of a series of posts for possible targets for in free agency the Wild.

With the passing of the trade deadline, I decided to start looking at what Fenton could be planning to do with all of this cap space. We'd have nearly $14M in space, so we could afford a lot of different pieces.

In this part, we go after Erik Karlsson, one of the prizes of this free agent class. We already have Dumba who should be our 1RD, and I think Karlsson stays in San Jose, but If we did go this route, we would have a great blue line. This likely means Spurgeon is traded and I think we'd have some potential suitors. Otherwise, maybe we think about trading Dumba for a stud right shot center.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
2980 000 $
22 500 000 $
23 000 000 $
54 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
611 000 000 $
Transactions
MIN
CGY
  1. Zucker, Jason
Détails additionnels:
Zucker most likely moved at the draft.
MIN
ANA
  1. Pateryn, Greg
Détails additionnels:
Pateryn also most likely moved. I just chose Anaheim since they are the first team on the list.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de WPG
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 000 000 $74 333 591 $0 $1 100 000 $8 666 409 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 625 000 $1 625 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
916 666 $916 666 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
AD, C
RFA - 1
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 3
687 500 $687 500 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 8
2 166 667 $2 166 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
785 000 $785 000 $
G
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
5 187 500 $5 187 500 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 1
980 000 $980 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 févr. 2019 à 21 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 126
Erik Karlsson And Matt Dumba on the team that would be insane obviously in my opinion I would play Brodin with Karlsson since Brodin and dumba on the paring was kinda bad when we played them with together so I would keep Dumba and Suter and then Karlsson and Brodin
Obviously it gives us a option to trade Spurgen for a center prospect or picks and Prospects.

Edit: Also can you send the Link of Leiopld saying we’re going to be making a splash in Free Agency?
TanSor et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2019 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: Wild1205
Erik Karlsson And Matt Dumba on the team that would be insane obviously in my opinion I would play Brodin with Karlsson since Brodin and dumba on the paring was kinda bad when we played them with together so I would keep Dumba and Suter and then Karlsson and Brodin
Obviously it gives us a option to trade Spurgen for a center prospect or picks and Prospects.

Edit: Also can you send the Link of Leiopld saying we’re going to be making a splash in Free Agency?

Yep, agreed with all of that. I think trading Spurgeon for a high quality center prospect will be tough since he's now a rental, as much as I'd like to. Dumba is probably the only guy we could move for a potential 1C and moving him is a tough pill to swallow.

Sure, hold on!

Edit: here you go!

Wild1205 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2019 à 21 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
I think both Fenton and Leipold were blowing some smoke to get renewals. This Granny trade has STHs (at least the ones I talk to) upset. Icing on the cake after Nino, Coyle (most are okay with that trade), and Zucker rumor trade; is what a few of my old seat mates are saying.

Playoffs are the expectation for the people I used to have season tix around. I dropped mine after Pommer was traded, but still stay in touch with a group of them.
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: wabit
I think both Fenton and Leipold were blowing some smoke to get renewals. This Granny trade has STHs (at least the ones I talk to) upset. Icing on the cake after Nino, Coyle (most are okay with that trade), and Zucker rumor trade; is what a few of my old seat mates are saying.

Playoffs are the expectation for the people I used to have season tix around. I dropped mine after Pommer was traded, but still stay in touch with a group of them.

Yeah I don't live in the cities anymore so I don't own season tickets, but I can see why season ticket holders would be upset. Fenton seems to not understand that players are assets, and you have to seek to maximize that asset in a trade. Even though I like what we saw from Fiala, that trade should have at least come with the Florida 3rd Nashville owns, or another player like Ryan Hartman. Fiala looks like he could be a great player, but we did not maximize Granlund's trade value. The Rask trade was just awful, I don't think Fenton scouted him at all which is plain dumb. You don't trade away players willy nilly without knowing what you might potentially be getting in return. The Coyle trade looks great for now. Zucker trade I probably would have been OK with as an initial reaction, but the more I think about it the more I'm glad we didn't do it. Apparently we tried to trade Zucker for Lindholm this offseason (per Russo) which in hindsight would have been a perfect move for us...
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 10
Quoting: TanSor
Yep, agreed with all of that. I think trading Spurgeon for a high quality center prospect will be tough since he's now a rental, as much as I'd like to. Dumba is probably the only guy we could move for a potential 1C and moving him is a tough pill to swallow.

Sure, hold on!

Edit: here you go!

Thank you for the Video and I agree with you Trading Dumba would be a tough pill to swallow but Fento could Do A package deal With Spurgeon And Zucker With Calgary Because Calgary does need more Right Handed Defenseman but I would more look into like a Right Handed Center
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Thank you for the Video and I agree with you Trading Dumba would be a tough pill to swallow but Fento could Do A package deal With Spurgeon And Zucker With Calgary Because Calgary does need more Right Handed Defenseman but I would more look into like a Right Handed Center

Calgary doesn't really have any pieces they would be willing to move that fit our needs. Lindholm would be perfect, but no way they move him with his great contract. I'd only move Spurgeon if we are absolutely sure we have a replacement for him (such as EK65 or if Belpedio looks ready which he doesn't as of now). I'm worried Fenton will trade away Spurgeon for nothing...
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 15
Calgary doesn't really have any pieces they would be willing to move that fit our needs. Lindholm would be perfect, but no way they move him with his great contract. I'd only move Spurgeon if we are absolutely sure we have a replacement for him (such as EK65 or if Belpedio looks ready which he doesn't as of now). I'm worried Fenton will trade away Spurgeon for nothing...

Same if Fenton didn’t maximize Granlunds Return he’ll probably do the same with Spurgeon and Belpedio could probably be another Seeler in the making
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Same if Fenton didn’t maximize Granlunds Return he’ll probably do the same with Spurgeon and Belpedio could probably be another Seeler in the making

I have hope Belpedio could play in the top 4 someday, but right now he's a lot like Ryan Murphy was for us: great once he gets into the offensive zone, but not good defensively.

I'm wondering if we could move Spurgeon contingent on the fact he signs an extension with his new team. It'd have to be a ~4 year deal or so with a reasonable cap hit, but we could get a nice return in a trade like that I'd think. Philly seems like a decent fit with Feltcher as their GM.
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 29
I have hope Belpedio could play in the top 4 someday, but right now he's a lot like Ryan Murphy was for us: great once he gets into the offensive zone, but not good defensively.

I'm wondering if we could move Spurgeon contingent on the fact he signs an extension with his new team. It'd have to be a ~4 year deal or so with a reasonable cap hit, but we could get a nice return in a trade like that I'd think. Philly seems like a decent fit with Feltcher as their GM.

Yeah could see Fletcher Maka a move with Fenton as Philadelphia is similar like Toronto they need Right Handed Defenseman

Edit: Maybe he gets inpatient with Patrick(Highly Unlikly but a person can Dream) and Moves him For Zucker and Spurgeon
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 33
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,597
Keep in mind that the Ducks and Kings both have an overabundance of right-handed forwards that your team seems to need, and some weakness after the #1 RhD that Spurgeon could fill.

Tyler Toffoli? Ondrej Kase?
TanSor a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Keep in mind that the Ducks and Kings both have an overabundance of right-handed forwards that your team seems to need, and some weakness after the #1 RhD that Spurgeon could fill.

Tyler Toffoli? Ondrej Kase?

I would love Kase. Any chance we could pry Troy Terry from the Ducks in a deal revolving around Spurge?
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 42
Yeah I don't live in the cities anymore so I don't own season tickets, but I can see why season ticket holders would be upset. Fenton seems to not understand that players are assets, and you have to seek to maximize that asset in a trade. Even though I like what we saw from Fiala, that trade should have at least come with the Florida 3rd Nashville owns, or another player like Ryan Hartman. Fiala looks like he could be a great player, but we did not maximize Granlund's trade value. The Rask trade was just awful, I don't think Fenton scouted him at all which is plain dumb. You don't trade away players willy nilly without knowing what you might potentially be getting in return. The Coyle trade looks great for now. Zucker trade I probably would have been OK with as an initial reaction, but the more I think about it the more I'm glad we didn't do it. Apparently we tried to trade Zucker for Lindholm this offseason (per Russo) which in hindsight would have been a perfect move for us...

The drive (4 hrs 1-way), 87p previous season team, Vanek buyout, and Staal signing (I wasn't too keen on it at the time) was just too much for me to pay the $7k+ that I was for 2 season tix. I stuck it out through the next season, but was finding reasons not to make the trip.

I don't think Fenton did a lot of scouting of Rask, but did have to the Wild's pro scouts, looking at him. After that trade debacle how often did you see the Wild's pro scouts showing up on the "who is scouting who" reports? I do think he realized the Wild's scouts weren't good at their jobs and went with his own gut on the guys with NSH ties and Donato.

I do think Fenton is learning as he goes. Look at how people on these boards make their first few teams. They make a lot of hockey trade type of deals, not worrying about draft picks to even it out perfectly valuewise.

I'm guilty of it myself even now, and I've been here awhile. I try to get players/trades that are close in value and ignore the picks to even it out. I do it partially to avoid the it should be a 5th going the other way arguments and just get to the meat and potatoes of a trade to see what people think. After the the middle of the 2nd round I also don't care about random mystery box of a draft pick. I'm also not getting paid the money a NHL GM is to get it right.
28 févr. 2019 à 22 h 47
Démarrer sujet
The drive (4 hrs 1-way), 87p previous season team, Vanek buyout, and Staal signing (I wasn't too keen on it at the time) was just too much for me to pay the $7k+ that I was for 2 season tix.

I don't think Fenton did a lot of scouting of Rask, but did have to the Wild's pro scouts, looking at him. After that trade debacle how often did you see the Wild's pro scouts showing up on the "who is scouting who" reports? I do think he realized the Wild's scouts weren't good at their jobs and went with his own gut on the guys with NSH ties and Donato.

I do think Fenton is learning as he goes. Look at how people on these boards make their first few teams. They make a lot of hockey trade type of deals, not worrying about draft picks to even it out perfectly valuewise.

I'm guilty of it myself even now, and I've been here awhile. I try to get players/trades that are close in value and ignore the picks to even it out. I do it partially to avoid the it should be a 5th going the other way arguments and just get to the meat and potatoes of a trade to see what people think. After the the middle of the 2nd round I also don't care about random mystery box of a draft pick. I'm also not getting paid the money a NHL GM is to get it right.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? It's a little over 4 hours 1 way for me here in Madison (where I attend college) and I would dread driving to the cities and back here in one day...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I still make awful trades on here and I have my biases towards certain players (ahem looking at you Nylander). I have hope he can figure it out.

That's a great point about the old scouts, it does seem that he figured out the Wild's scouts aren't good enough. Fenton actually scouted Donato himself, he was in town for the Beanpot and the Patriots super bowl parade and watched Donato while he was in Massachusetts.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2019 à 23 h 4
If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? It's a little over 4 hours 1 way for me here in Madison (where I attend college) and I would dread driving to the cities and back here in one day...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I still make awful trades on here and I have my biases towards certain players (ahem looking at you Nylander). I have hope he can figure it out.

That's a great point about the old scouts, it does seem that he figured out the Wild's scouts aren't good enough. Fenton actually scouted Donato himself, he was in town for the Beanpot and the Patriots super bowl parade and watched Donato while he was in Massachusetts.

I'm 30 mins south of you in Janesville. It's a 4 hr, 300 mile trip, from the Kwik Trip by I-90 (I base all my travel times from there) to the parking garage at the X. I made that drive 30+ times a year for a few years. It got to be too much. If you need any hockey gear Suter's shop (Bob's wife, not Ryan) is the best around. It's near Hartmeyer Arena.
28 févr. 2019 à 23 h 9
Démarrer sujet
I'm 30 mins south of you in Janesville. It's a 4 hr, 300 mile trip, from the Kwik Trip by I-90 (I base all my travel times from there) to the parking garage at the X. I made that drive 30+ times a year for a few years. It got to be too much. If you need any hockey gear Suter's shop (Bob's wife, not Ryan) is the best around. It's near Hartmeyer Arena.

Never actually played hockey growing up (in hindsight I wish I had), I played lacrosse and that's what got me into hockey since the game is similar and the Swarm are no longer in Minnesota, but I've been meaning to get a pair of skates so thanks for the intel!

I can definitely see why, that's a long haul to drive there and back. Especially when games end around 10-11 and you have a 4 hour drive ahead of you...
28 févr. 2019 à 23 h 33
Never actually played hockey growing up (in hindsight I wish I had), I played lacrosse and that's what got me into hockey since the game is similar and the Swarm are no longer in Minnesota, but I've been meaning to get a pair of skates so thanks for the intel!

I can definitely see why, that's a long haul to drive there and back. Especially when games end around 10-11 and you have a 4 hour drive ahead of you...

It was a lot of 3am mornings of getting home, for sure. It's weird one of my next door neighbors is a former pro-lacrosse player (the kid tried it for a year and hated it). My other neighbor runs the local ice rink.

Look at the used skates first, they are much cheaper. Mary (Mrs. Suter) will get you in the gear that you need and not try and get you in just the most expensive stuff. Don't mind the store if you stop in it is usually a mess/cluttered.

If you want to get into playing hockey I know Sun Prairie (not sure about the Madison rinks) has a beginners adult league and practices. It starts you off as hockey 101 (basic skating and no hockey skills). One of my kid's teammate moms did it a couple of years ago and loved it.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2019 à 23 h 54
Démarrer sujet
It was a lot of 3am mornings of getting home, for sure. It's weird one of my next door neighbors is a former pro-lacrosse player (the kid tried it for a year and hated it). My other neighbor runs the local ice rink.

Look at the used skates first, they are much cheaper. Mary (Mrs. Suter) will get you in the gear that you need and not try and get you in just the most expensive stuff. Don't mind the store if you stop in it is usually a mess/cluttered.

If you want to get into playing hockey I know Sun Prairie (not sure about the Madison rinks) has a beginners adult league and practices. It starts you off as hockey 101 (basic skating and no hockey skills). One of my kid's teammate moms did it a couple of years ago and loved it.

Wow that's awesome, I might have to look into that. I was really good at rollerblading as a kid so I imagine some of that translates to skating. Yeah lacrosse is a goofy sport. It's fun, but weird. I remember getting so hyped about the Powell brothers, I'm sure they're retired now but your neighbor probably knows who they are.
1 mars 2019 à 7 h 49
Wow that's awesome, I might have to look into that. I was really good at rollerblading as a kid so I imagine some of that translates to skating. Yeah lacrosse is a goofy sport. It's fun, but weird. I remember getting so hyped about the Powell brothers, I'm sure they're retired now but your neighbor probably knows who they are.

I say go for it if it is something you want to try/do (and can afford, I don't know the price). clinic info
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2019 à 14 h 7
Once a Kings Fan Too
I would love Kase. Any chance we could pry Troy Terry from the Ducks in a deal revolving around Spurge?

Here’s my thought process on this. (1) I think both teams are loath to use high draft picks to acquire assets, so any trade is going to be player(s)-for-player(s). (2) A one-for-one involving Spurgeon is unlikely as Rakell or Henrique are too much, although both are having off years, and anyone else on Minnesota’s wish list alone is too little, so any trade would be a two-for-one, which suits the Wild particularly well. (3) Because the Ducks have Lindholm, Fowler and Larsson on the left side of the defense and Rakell and Silfverberg on right wing (not to mention Perry – please!), Anaheim’s “surplus” assets are a LhD prospect and a RhW. (4) Therefore, to me a likely scenario is a combination of Josh Mahura or Jaycob Megna and Ondrej Kase, Daniel Sprong, Kiefer Sherwood or Troy Terry. The range is from Mahura and Kase, which would be clearly in Minnesota’s favor, to Megna and Sherwood, which I think would favor Anaheim. The fairest trade is somewhere in between. (5) Finally, the Ducks have some lesser center prospects you might find intriguing, who might be additional parts of a trade if the two-for-one scenarios are not sufficiently inspiring. Take a look at Antoine Morand and free agents Kalle Kossila (who strikes me as another Joel Eriksson Ek), Sam Carrick and Kevin Roy.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2019 à 14 h 9
Once a Kings Fan Too

I'm class of '69!!!
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2019 à 14 h 10
Once a Kings Fan Too

I started at Beloit in 65 and then went up to Madison in 68.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2019 à 15 h 14
Démarrer sujet
I started at Beloit in 65 and then went up to Madison in 68.

Wow that's awesome!! I had no idea you were a Badger. I'll be graduating this spring (I'm a young'n).
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2019 à 15 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Here’s my thought process on this. (1) I think both teams are loath to use high draft picks to acquire assets, so any trade is going to be player(s)-for-player(s). (2) A one-for-one involving Spurgeon is unlikely as Rakell or Henrique are too much, although both are having off years, and anyone else on Minnesota’s wish list alone is too little, so any trade would be a two-for-one, which suits the Wild particularly well. (3) Because the Ducks have Lindholm, Fowler and Larsson on the left side of the defense and Rakell and Silfverberg on right wing (not to mention Perry – please!), Anaheim’s “surplus” assets are a LhD prospect and a RhW. (4) Therefore, to me a likely scenario is a combination of Josh Mahura or Jaycob Megna and Ondrej Kase, Daniel Sprong, Kiefer Sherwood or Troy Terry. The range is from Mahura and Kase, which would be clearly in Minnesota’s favor, to Megna and Sherwood, which I think would favor Anaheim. The fairest trade is somewhere in between. (5) Finally, the Ducks have some lesser center prospects you might find intriguing, who might be additional parts of a trade if the two-for-one scenarios are not sufficiently inspiring. Take a look at Antoine Morand and free agents Kalle Kossila (who strikes me as another Joel Eriksson Ek), Sam Carrick and Kevin Roy.

I would love Kase and/or Terry. Thoughts on a trade around Kase and Terry for Zucker and Spurgeon? We'd probably have to retain on Spurge or the Ducks would have to do some fancy cap navigating to make it work.

I'll check out those prospects later!
1 mars 2019 à 21 h 59
Once a Kings Fan Too
Wow that's awesome!! I had no idea you were a Badger. I'll be graduating this spring (I'm a young'n).

My last two years in Madison I spent every Monday through Thursday evening from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. playing bridge in the Rat. And for the @wabit, while at Beloit I spent a lot of time at the GM plant in Janesville punching holes in the fenders of Chevrolets with a big drill slung from the factory ceiling for the side molding chrome strips. I think they closed that factory before you boys were born. You get some pretty odd ideas doing that kind of repetitive job with a giant drill.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2019 à 22 h 11
My last two years in Madison I spent every Monday through Thursday evening from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. playing bridge in the Rat. And for the @wabit, while at Beloit I spent a lot of time at the GM plant in Janesville punching holes in the fenders of Chevrolets with a big drill slung from the factory ceiling for the side molding chrome strips. I think they closed that factory before you boys were born. You get some pretty odd ideas doing that kind of repetitive job with a giant drill.

The plant didn't close until the start of Obama's first term, he campaigned at it during that election cycle.

I graduated in '96 and it was still going strong then. We did a couple tours of the plant in elementary school. Whoever bought it has been demoing it for the last year. I drive by about once a month to see the progress.
OldNYIfan et TanSor a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage