Somme: 4 166 667 $4 166 667 $4 200 000 $
Variation: +3 405 417 $
Variation: +3 405 417 $
Variation: +4 200 000 $
16 févr. 2019 à 0 h 19
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Didn't expect Talbot for Stolarz straight up. To tell the truth, idk if it's a great deal for the Oilers if it's 1 for 1.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 0 h 39
Mentions "j'aime": 328
I have more confidence in Stolarz for the present, Stolarz has more potential, and Talbot is a UFA that the Flyers must feel is worth resigning. All of those things point to this being a real bad deal for the Flyers.
GeraltofRivia a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 0 h 47
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Addition by subtraction for the Oilers. They made their choice already when they signed Koskinen.
Keeping Talbot around was an expensive distraction that the players were not confident in front of and were not willing to put in the work on his behalf.
Stolarz still has some promise if he can play a regular role while maintaining his health and they decide to give him a shot. Talbot himself was around the same age when he gave the Rangers 2 solid seasons.

If Talbot can reliably assist with Hart's development, the salary difference is palatable. They'll still be paying less for 2 goaltenders than many teams pay for 1.

All things considered, I'd say this is a wash. Talbot wasn't going to bring a bevy of assets back. At most they missed out on a 3rd round pick.
Rideordie, yamahut, MountRoyal514 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 1 h 3
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
Yes EDM sheds salary cap. But Philly wins, as I still have faith in Talbot to be a starter.
rangersandislesfan, Shylo_Moxii, yamahut and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 2 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 247
could make a lot of sense for both teams but think Philly definitely gets the better end of this trade. They have more than enough cap space to accommodate Talbot, and he can improve their goaltending situation even more. For Edmonton its mostly about clearing salary and getting a replacement goalie to plug into their franchise in return. Much more upside for the Flyers in the deal.
16 févr. 2019 à 2 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Edmonton Sheds cap, and gets a Goaltender for the future. Philly gets a Goalie as a veteran in a sense behind Hart, and solidifies a spot as win now team. decent trade for both teams.
Brian2016, habitantlecolon, exo2769 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 3 h 48
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Didn't expect Talbot for Stolarz straight up. To tell the truth, idk if it's a great deal for the Oilers if it's 1 for 1.

EDM is pretty much out of the playoff race and they do free up some much needed cap space by dumping Talbot. If this deal happened 4-5 weeks ago I'd have bene more surprised. To be honest, I'm really not sure what this deal does for PHI unless they truly believe they're gonna make the playoffs w/ Talbot and Hart both playing significant roles. Interesting trade though.
Shylo_Moxii a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 3 h 51
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Edmonton Sheds cap, and gets a Goaltender for the future. Philly gets a Goalie as a veteran in a sense behind Hart, and solidifies a spot as win now team. decent trade for both teams.

I think you nailed it when you said "win now team". Clearly, PHI is betting they can still make the playoffs. I'd give them about a 10% chance right now. 8 points back w/ 3 teams to pass.
Shylo_Moxii a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 3 h 54
EDM def. wins big here regardless of what Talbot does w/ PHI. EDM is not making the playoffs and Talbot is a pending UFA. It's in EDM's best interest long term to tank at this point.
MountRoyal514 et rebecca a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 6 h 21
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 28
I wouldn’t be surprised if both goalies end up walking at the end of the season. Stolarz will be a group 6 UFA unless he plays like 11 games of 30+ minutes with 25 games left it would be interesting if he plays that much. Talbot will either sink or swim with this fresh start. I personally would have preferred the Flyers to move Lyon, Elliott or Neuvy and a late to maybe mid round pick for Talbot, but we’ll see.
16 févr. 2019 à 6 h 55
Let's go Pens!
Mentions "j'aime": 382
Talbot already prove himself as a potential starter. Stolarz still didn't prove anything in NHL. So obviously Flyers wins in this one. Oilers should also ask for a middle pick. A 4th would have been fine.
16 févr. 2019 à 7 h 14
Buljujarvi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,552
No No No No No This is not what I wanted at all!
16 févr. 2019 à 7 h 21
Philly Sports Fan
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 23
The reaction from Flyers fans on the facebook page, you'd think Stolarz won the Vezina 3 times in a row. One comment said if Hart needs a mentor, he doesn't belong in the league! LOL I hate my teams fanbase so much!

I like the trade, sad to see Stollie go but it looks like Hart/Talbot is the future
Shylo_Moxii a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2019 à 7 h 49
MountRoyal514
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 257
Edmonton saved enough cap space to get to the end of the year without being forced to pay other teams to take on their bad contracts, so that in itself is a win for them. Talbot may be a great team player, I don't know, but it wasn't working for him in Edmonton and so one less distraction for a fragile Oilers team. Philly gets the better player, assuming Talbot can re-discover himself. Fair trade.
16 févr. 2019 à 8 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Oilers had to clear capspace since Sekera will come off the LTIR before the end of the season. Talbot and Hart worked together in the offseason and Talbot is already kinda his mentor. Stolarz has to play 30+ minutes in at least 10 more games this season to become a RFA, otherwise he'll be an UFA. Flyers are still aiming for that wildcardspot so they aren't likely to give Stolarz enough time. And with this trade they get an upgrade with Talbot. Flyers were hoping to get rid of Elliott, but still both teams kinda get what they want. Fair deal imo
16 févr. 2019 à 10 h 45
Simpleton
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Edmonton filled a definite need, shed salary and obtain a back-up for the rest of the season. Getting a young goaltender with the possibility of controlling him after this season is a bonus. If Stolarz proves competent, his presence buys time for Edmonton’s prospects to further develop before tackling the NHL. That would exceed the team’s immediate objectives.

Philadelphia added another veteran goaltender with a questionable future, they now have three. However, Talbot certainly has potential to bounce back after two consecutive poor seasons, and the Flyers probably aren’t looking for a long-term solution anyway.

It is possible that Talbot may bounce back right away, and help the Flyers make the play-off this season. It is possible he will re-sign, but he wants to be a starter and certainly has the potential to be. If next season he can share the net with Hart and help the younger guy’s development then Philly achieves its most important objective.

I say it’s a fair trade.
16 févr. 2019 à 11 h 45
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
A favour for Edmonton. Philly have Hart ready & Elliott as a solid backup.
16 févr. 2019 à 13 h 17
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
amazing, how the Oilers fired Peter Chiarelli and yet are still losing one-for-one trades.
16 févr. 2019 à 18 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 30
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
amazing, how the Oilers fired Peter Chiarelli and yet are still losing one-for-one trades.

How is this a loss? The last two trades have been pretty even as far as Edmonton trades go. Chiarelli would have probably traded RNH instead of Talbot, and got back McQuaid + 2nd pick.
17 févr. 2019 à 19 h 21
Philly Sports Fan
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 23
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid

Nah, Stolarz is a good. Not great, but he will be a solid back up.
18 févr. 2019 à 6 h 54
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Quoting: Brian2016
EDM def. wins big here regardless of what Talbot does w/ PHI. EDM is not making the playoffs and Talbot is a pending UFA. It's in EDM's best interest long term to tank at this point.

Tank? They just give away their first overall picks for plugs or sign plugs to play on a line with the remaining first overall picks. I can't imagine thinking Calgary and Vancouver having a brighter future than the horrible dumpster fire that Chiarelli left Edmonton in.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2019 à 17 h 23
Quoting: PrisonBull
Tank? They just give away their first overall picks for plugs or sign plugs to play on a line with the remaining first overall picks. I can't imagine thinking Calgary and Vancouver having a brighter future than the horrible dumpster fire that Chiarelli left Edmonton in.

All that is true, but I still believe they are the #1 pick in 2019 away from being back in the playoffs. Most likely, they'll be terrible for another two years while they try to dig their way out of the 50 foot hole Chiarelli left them in.
18 févr. 2019 à 18 h 8
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Quoting: MountRoyal514
Edmonton saved enough cap space to get to the end of the year without being forced to pay other teams to take on their bad contracts, so that in itself is a win for them..

happy^ THIS. It was getting to the point of needing to clear/waive a couple guys to be able to bring up Sekera. So you either lose guys to a waiver claim (which, there not much to lose I guess, lol), or you have to pay someone to take on bad cap space.

Now I don't know the legal implications are in HAVING to bring up Sekera... but I betcha you (oilers front office) have to showcase good faith if a player TRULY believe he is ready to play and WANTS to play. Don't think you can jsut say, nahhh, we'll just leave you on LTIR for the rest of the season.

I'm thinking, Sekera wanted back in, which pressured the Oilers in having to respond. I don't see too many scenarios where you win in a situation of being cap handcuffed, and needed to clear enoug space to bring him back.

Typical Chiarelli move (position of weakness ie: where everyone knows you are cornered/desperate) would have been to package out a 3rd round pick with Talbot for Elliot or Neuvirth. LOL.

For EDM: This move cost no picks. Shed MUCH needed cap space. Allows Edmonton to test drive Stolarz and see if they want to sign him as a backup (as Starrett, Wells and Skinner are not quite ready) for next year. If he sinks, don't resign him. Simple. Look elsewhere. This year's ufa goalies has a plethora of sub average goalies who could fill the role.

For PHI: Talbot was UFA and likely Gone. Phi gets an opportunity to test drive him and see if they want to keep him as a 1A/1B goalie situation. Cost tehm a younger goalie that they were likely not going to sign anyway because of his past injury). If he sinks, don't resign him. Simple. Look elsewhere. This year's ufa goalies has a plethora of sub average goalies who could fill the role.
18 févr. 2019 à 18 h 10
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Quoting: uphere
Edmonton filled a definite need, shed salary and obtain a back-up for the rest of the season. Getting a young goaltender with the possibility of controlling him after this season is a bonus. If Stolarz proves competent, his presence buys time for Edmonton’s prospects to further develop before tackling the NHL. That would exceed the team’s immediate objectives.

Totally agree!! Well said.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage