SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

5 Interesting Trade Deadline Landing Spots

Wll OTT Trade Duchene and/or Stone by the Deadline?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 févr. 2019 à 5 h 36
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Here's Where I Believe Some of These Players Could End up if Traded:

1. Matt Duchene (OTT): WPG
2. Mark Stone (OTT): NSH
3. Kevin Hayes (NYR): NSH or MIN
4. Tyler Toffoli (LAK): PIT or CBJ
5. Wayne Simmonds (PHI): CGY or NSH

No Trade:

1. Artemi Panarin (CBJ): Stays w/ CBJ
2. Jeff Skinner (BUF): Stays w/ BUF

Obviously, a lot can change between now and the end of February. PHI could very well be right back in playoff contention and OTT could extend Duchene and/or Stone. Feel free to add anyone I forgot about or overlooked. One last note: If CBJ keeps Panarin, which I'm 100% confident they will, I'd expect them to be very active at the deadline. They're def. all in if they keep their best offensive player.
1 févr. 2019 à 7 h 8
Philly Sports Fan
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 23
I think Simmonds to Colorado or Minnesota. Slim possibility he stays in Philly.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2019 à 7 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Munsen88
I think Simmonds to Colorado or Minnesota. Slim possibility he stays in Philly.

COL would be a great landing spot for Simmonds, but unless they have a good next 3 weeks, I'm not sure Sakic will be willing to sell any future assets. They're set up to be Cup contenders for the next 10 years so there's really no rush. MIN could be a great fit though.
1 févr. 2019 à 10 h 28
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Of Stone and Duchene, my guess is one will be traded and the other won't. Not sure who though.

Edit: If i have to pick, i'm going with a Stone trade and a Duchene extension, but it's pretty close.
4 févr. 2019 à 11 h 57
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Winnipeg really should be going hard at Duchene. Not only is Duchene a legit 1C that they can plug onto their second line, but it helps spark Laine's game as well. Duchene creates so much space with his speed that Laine is going to be open in high scoring areas. The matchups that this creates is a nightmare for any team, both at 5v5 and on the power play.
Brian2016 et palhal a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2019 à 15 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: krakowitz
Winnipeg really should be going hard at Duchene. Not only is Duchene a legit 1C that they can plug onto their second line, but it helps spark Laine's game as well. Duchene creates so much space with his speed that Laine is going to be open in high scoring areas. The matchups that this creates is a nightmare for any team, both at 5v5 and on the power play.

I couldn't agree more! OTT needs to trade Duchene in order to offset the impending doom over the squandering of their own #1 pick in the upcoming draft and unless they can extend him before the deadline he's gotta be moved. I'm thinking WPG's 1st rounder plus a prospect should do it. I also think they should strongly consider trading Stone. BOS, NSH, DAL, and CGY are potential landing spots. OTT could accelerate their massive rebuild by a year or two by being opportunistic, especially if CBJ holds on to Panarin. The supply/demand would clearly be in their favor.
4 févr. 2019 à 15 h 54
Démarrer sujet

Although, if BUF continues to fall in the standings, Skinner could be available and shake up the entire dynamic. I also think BUF could benefit a lot long term by trading Skinner. They're already way ahead given what they gave up to acquire Skinner in the first place.
4 févr. 2019 à 22 h 8
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: Brian2016
Although, if BUF continues to fall in the standings, Skinner could be available and shake up the entire dynamic. I also think BUF could benefit a lot long term by trading Skinner. They're already way ahead given what they gave up to acquire Skinner in the first place.

The aim has to be to try and resign Skinner. Even if he walks for nothing, the price paid for him makes it stomachable. It shows that a top forward in FA can make a great living on Eichel’s wing, so it becomes a much more attractive option. I think Skinner would resign anyways, but even if he isn’t extended by the deadline, I’d still keep him
5 févr. 2019 à 17 h 24
Démarrer sujet
The aim has to be to try and resign Skinner. Even if he walks for nothing, the price paid for him makes it stomachable. It shows that a top forward in FA can make a great living on Eichel’s wing, so it becomes a much more attractive option. I think Skinner would resign anyways, but even if he isn’t extended by the deadline, I’d still keep him

Yeah I see your point, but it's gonna be very tempting for Botterill to at least test the market with Skinner. He's easily worth a 1st, and maybe more. If BUF eats some of his remaining salary, more teams could be involved and the price could rise. But the goal should be to re-sign him, for sure.
6 févr. 2019 à 11 h 25
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
The best case scenario for the Sabres is to trade Skinner at the TDL and then the Sabres sign him as a UFA. Tricky on all parts I know, but the fact that Skinner hasn't been extended so far makes me think that the long term Skinner/Buffalo relationship might not be happening.
Duchene and Stone would seem to the best pieces available and Ottawa HAS to trade both. Duchene to Winnipeg. Stone to Calgary.
Brian2016 et AudioCats a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage