SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR / VAN) - Carcone for Leivo

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 38
A trade between Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Maple Leafs de Toronto font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
Michael Carcone · 0 $675 000 $60 000 $ (LAH/JR)
Somme: 0 $675 000 $60 000 $
Variation: -925 000 $
Variation: -250 000 $
Variation: -865 000 $
Les Canucks de Vancouver font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
Josh Leivo · 925 000 $925 000 $925 000 $
Somme: 925 000 $925 000 $925 000 $
Variation: +925 000 $
Variation: +250 000 $
Variation: +865 000 $
3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 44
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
See that @MrBooth @Bo53Horvat @TonyStrecher @alwaysnextyear, among others? Benning is a good GM after all.
wojme et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 46
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Benning waives Leipsic and loses him for nothing. Then trades a 22 YO PPG player in the AHL for a guy worse than Leipsic... interesting GMing
3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
Hate to lose the little breadman but hey, we at least got an asset back. I hope he turns into a solid NHL scorer, he's such a nice person and has the skillset.
Patriot12992 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 53
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Modifié 1 juill. 2021 à 20 h 27
Leivo is underrated
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 54
CGM
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Good trade for Leivo ... always liked him but never seemed to catch a break. I hope he gets a real opportunity in Vancouver.
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 12 h 54
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Benning waives Leipsic and loses him for nothing. Then trades a 22 YO PPG player in the AHL for a guy worse than Leipsic... interesting GMing

What are you talking about Ksi? While Carcone is having a good season, he's still nothing special. Leivo, like Leipsic, deserved better. Still a lateral move to me, but I guess VAN thinks that Leivo is a better fit.

But in a vacuum, great trade for VAN.
toque, Patriot12992 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 13 h 17
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,578
Trade works for both teams. Toronto frees up a roster spot by losing player who ever really seemed to be in favour with the coaching staff, Vancouver gets another young player as part of a rebuild.
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 14 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Brendan Leipsic had his chance in Vancouver and didn’t seize it. I personally liked him, but his defensive faults and inability to be a difference maker cost him his NHL spot this season. We acquired him from Vegas for Phillip Holm who isn’t even in North America anymore. Carcone was a good AHL player but had no NHL potential and took up space from Utica Comets rookies, including Jonah Gadjovich and Petrus Palmu. Leivo has a chance to prove himself in the NHL and will be the next experiment the organization tries out. We lose absolutely nothing and give a player with some potential a chance to prove himself and show what he’s got.

Interesting GMing indeed
rebecca, Rideordie, Patriot12992 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 15 h 50
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Modifié 3 déc. 2018 à 15 h 56
Quoting: MrBooth
Brendan Leipsic had his chance in Vancouver and didn’t seize it. I personally liked him, but his defensive faults and inability to be a difference maker cost him his NHL spot this season. We acquired him from Vegas for Phillip Holm who isn’t even in North America anymore. Carcone was a good AHL player but had no NHL potential and took up space from Utica Comets rookies, including Jonah Gadjovich and Petrus Palmu. Leivo has a chance to prove himself in the NHL and will be the next experiment the organization tries out. We lose absolutely nothing and give a player with some potential a chance to prove himself and show what he’s got. Interesting GMing indeed

"Carcone was a good AHL player but had no NHL potential and took up space from Utica Comets rookies".

Please explain how you know that a 22 year old with 17 points in 20 AHL games has no NHL potential ?

Especially since he has drastically out-played: Jonah Gadjovich, Kole Lind, Brendan Gaunce, Jonathan Dahlén and Petrus Palmu this year...
3 déc. 2018 à 16 h 12
Quoting: drewjenks
"Carcone was a good AHL player but had no NHL potential and took up space from Utica Comets rookies".

Please explain how you know that a 22 year old with 17 points in 20 AHL games has no NHL potential ?

Especially since he has drastically out-played: Jonah Gadjovich, Kole Lind, Brendan Gaunce, Jonathan Dahlén and Petrus Palmu this year...

Gladly

First of all, Dahlen has been immense for Utica and in no ways has been outplayed by someone who’s been in the AHL for quite a few years.

It is also unfair to state the claim that Carcone outplays the rookies. They’re rookies for a reason. Michael Carcone is 22 years old and has several years of professional experience over these guys, so it’s quite obvious he gets more playing time and produces more.

As for his potential, perhaps a more articulate way to say what I meant was he had no future in Vancouver. Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Goldobin, Baertschi, Gaudette, Virtanen are 7 building blocks of the future currently on the roster. Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Roussel are veterans locked up on multi-year contracts. Dahlen is a lock to be with the team soon, and then many other prospects have a lot of NHL potential including Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, Petrus Palmu, Lukas Jasek, etcetera. Please tell me where Carcone fits in here?

PS: Brendan Gaunce is worth absolutely nothing, not sure why he’s even mentioned
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 déc. 2018 à 16 h 47
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Quoting: MrBooth
Gladly

First of all, Dahlen has been immense for Utica and in no ways has been outplayed by someone who’s been in the AHL for quite a few years.

It is also unfair to state the claim that Carcone outplays the rookies. They’re rookies for a reason. Michael Carcone is 22 years old and has several years of professional experience over these guys, so it’s quite obvious he gets more playing time and produces more.

As for his potential, perhaps a more articulate way to say what I meant was he had no future in Vancouver. Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Goldobin, Baertschi, Gaudette, Virtanen are 7 building blocks of the future currently on the roster. Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Roussel are veterans locked up on multi-year contracts. Dahlen is a lock to be with the team soon, and then many other prospects have a lot of NHL potential including Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, Petrus Palmu, Lukas Jasek, etcetera. Please tell me where Carcone fits in here?

PS: Brendan Gaunce is worth absolutely nothing, not sure why he’s even mentioned

This is Dahlen's draft + 3 year and he has 3 goals / 13 points in 23 games.
This is also Dahlens 5th year playing professional hockey.

"Immense" probably isn't the word you're looking for.

And this is Carcone's 3rd year of professional hockey. Less than Dahlen....but playing better than Dahlen.

"Please tell me where Carcone fits in here?"

Please tell me where Leivo fits in here? He's just a 25 year old Carcone....so what's the difference?
3 déc. 2018 à 21 h 5
Quoting: drewjenks
This is Dahlen's draft + 3 year and he has 3 goals / 13 points in 23 games.
This is also Dahlens 5th year playing professional hockey.

"Immense" probably isn't the word you're looking for.

And this is Carcone's 3rd year of professional hockey. Less than Dahlen....but playing better than Dahlen.

"Please tell me where Carcone fits in here?"

Please tell me where Leivo fits in here? He's just a 25 year old Carcone....so what's the difference?

I’m just going to reply to this with a comment so that you can quote it in bolded letters again, Drew
Patriot12992 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2018 à 10 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Such a terrible deal. Vancouver wins this by a wide margin
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2021 à 14 h 32
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
One of the best trades of Benning’s career!
30 juill. 2021 à 14 h 30
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
niceeeeeeeeeeee

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage