SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Still the most likely thing that happens with Nylander

Équipe: 2018-19 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 12 nov. 2018
Publié: 12 nov. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is going to be the biggest let down for so many people.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
66 675 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de DAL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2379 500 000 $73 308 333 $2 550 000 $5 400 000 $6 191 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
787 500 $787 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C
UFA - 1
6 675 000 $6 675 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
UFA - 1
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $
AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
675 000 $675 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 317
If it was that price, it will already done!!!
PuckPal a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 11
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
If anyone is going to budge on thedollar amount, it will need to be Dubas, and I don't think he's going to
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 12
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
Likely yes, but Nylanders father needs slap on his selfish ass before the deal gets done
PuckPal a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 13
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Quoting: SammyT_51
Likely yes, but Nylanders father needs slap on his selfish ass before the deal gets done

Can't wait until you have to negotiate salary yourself. Why wouldn't you try to get as much as you can?
Eli a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: yanp007
If it was that price, it will already done!!!

We'll know soon enough, if no one else is going to offer him 8 million then his options are pretty much done. Sign for whatever the highest amount TO will give you or sit. And has been mentioned by others, a lockout is on the horizon, having a contract in place for that is probably a good thing to have.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
If anyone is going to budge on thedollar amount, it will need to be Dubas, and I don't think he's going to

He likely won't have too, word around the League and take it with a grain of salt because its pure speculation, but apparently no one thinks he's worth more than mid 7. So Dubas can wait a bit, gather info from other teams and then go back and say, "So we did our homework, the best offer you're going to get on a contract is 7.1 million. We can offer you 6.9 or something like and lets just get it done, we want you, you want to be here, let's just call it a day.
Eli a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 137
Quoting: MelonVK
Can't wait until you have to negotiate salary yourself. Why wouldn't you try to get as much as you can?

But thats the thing it fine to try a get as much as you can but from all accounts he thinks he is doing the leafs a favour taking only 8 million. Even though there is no person involved with any organization willing to comment who has stated he's worth that. So is this trying to get the most he can get or greed?
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Banni

It is frustrating to see people vilifying Nylander. Imagining being on a team where there are awesome young Right Wingers who show massive upside, then one of them wants a big contract and everyone says he's crap while the other guy is called a 10 million dollar player only 2 seasons and 10 games into his career. Nylander is getting way too much hate for just being strong on his own financial future.
Eli a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 27
It would be more likely that the leafs offer a bridge deal at around 6 millon for 3 years at this point than Nylander excepting 6.75 on a long term and from what has been leaked to the media nylander wants 8 on a longterm and around 7 on a bridge which is not worth doing cause based off other bridge contract by similar players it's about double what they are getting.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: PuckPal
It would be more likely that the leafs offer a bridge deal at around 6 millon for 3 years at this point than Nylander excepting 6.75 on a long term and from what has been leaked to the media nylander wants 8 on a longterm and around 7 on a bridge which is not worth doing cause based off other bridge contract by similar players it's about double what they are getting.

Is it a bad idea though?

Lets say they give him even just 2 years at 6 million. Then if he blows up into the player he thinks he's going to be, then you sign him to an 8 year deal at less than whatever you give Matthews (because no one is as good as Matthews on the Leafs) and call it a day.

I'd support that for sure.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 44
Quoting: LoganOllivier
It is frustrating to see people vilifying Nylander. Imagining being on a team where there are awesome young Right Wingers who show massive upside, then one of them wants a big contract and everyone says he's crap while the other guy is called a 10 million dollar player only 2 seasons and 10 games into his career. Nylander is getting way too much hate for just being strong on his own financial future.

The thing is we already have nylanders replacment and he plays a proven 200' game. People are vilifying him because his asking price and that he won't come back to reality. No one blames him for trying most people would do that i wouldn't i actually take about 25% less in base salary than what I'm worth (based off headhunters offers to me) to insure my team are fairly paid but no everyone is that selfless. But to go to your highend and try and intimidate probably the deepest team in the NHL at forward into overpaying is why I'm pissed. He is holding out for money no person thinks he's worth is greed pure and simple and unfortunately nylander has probably been warned and still want to be overpaid so i personally really don't want him back and even if he is all leaf fans should boycott nylander jerseys, and other merch so that he gets the point that no fan is happy with what he did and until he proves to be worth even the contract you stated which technically he isn't they are paying extra now to have him on value contract in 4 years they should not treat him the same as the rest of the team. I personally will not wear mh nylander jersey espesally to leafs games if he comes back.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 45
Maple Leafs acolyte.
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3
I heard the Leafs haven't even offered the Pastrnak deal. If that's true, they are "in the wrong" more than the Nylander camp but I hope that's not true.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Banni
The thing is we already have nylanders replacment and he plays a proven 200' game. People are vilifying him because his asking price and that he won't come back to reality. No one blames him for trying most people would do that i wouldn't i actually take about 25% less in base salary than what I'm worth (based off headhunters offers to me) to insure my team are fairly paid but no everyone is that selfless. But to go to your highend and try and intimidate probably the deepest team in the NHL at forward into overpaying is why I'm pissed. He is holding out for money no person thinks he's worth is greed pure and simple and unfortunately nylander has probably been warned and still want to be overpaid so i personally really don't want him back and even if he is all leaf fans should boycott nylander jerseys, and other merch so that he gets the point that no fan is happy with what he did and until he proves to be worth even the contract you stated which technically he isn't they are paying extra now to have him on value contract in 4 years they should not treat him the same as the rest of the team. I personally will not wear mh nylander jersey espesally to leafs games if he comes back.

Please don't tell me you are one of the guys drinking the Kapanen coolaid. He's awesome but he's several steps behind Nylander.

As for no one thinks he deserves what he gets paid is a really weird but likely accurate statement.

Why I think its weird is because GM's each year over pay people for being way less than Nylander. Just look at guys making 6.5 million a year. There are many that Nylander is significantly better than. JVR is making 7 million and he's not that good outside of the powerplay. So he's not really being greedy, I think he's worried that he's not going to have control over his career. If he signs too low, his contract will look very attractive and then TO may trade him. He wants to be here long term and I think TO needs to make him feel comfortable with that.
12 nov. 2018 à 16 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: DogDayBoiiiiiis
I heard the Leafs haven't even offered the Pastrnak deal. If that's true, they are "in the wrong" more than the Nylander camp but I hope that's not true.

Who knows.

One thing that I have come around on though is this whole doing due diligence thing by asking for other teams to prepare what they would be willing to offer in case it gets there. Friedman mentioned something about other teams being able to offer contracts already. That worried me at first but now I am thinking this is Dubas saying, hey we want you and you want to be here. If you want money more than that here is what others will offer you. My thinking is he isn't going to get any 8 million dollar offers so he's going to have the option of taking less with TO or taking less with someone else. And if that is the case, why would anyone go play for one of these other teams when you can play in TO?
DogDayBoiiiiiis a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 17 h 10
Watches no games

I'd say Nylander is as good as Marner, I'd only give Marner the edge for being younger. I'd say Nylander is as good defensively, because Marner has *improved* this season. People look at William, judges him by his "lack of effort", which someone else might call efficiency, and call it a day. He's stupid good with his stick, he pick up pucks in the NZ at a massive rate, and his playmaking and transition game makes him a perfect partner for a scoring Center in Matthews. But no one talks about trading Marner. If you think Kapanen is that good I'm sure you'll pay him 6.75 mil then?

I'd glady take Nylander for 7.25, even 7.5. He's worth that this year, and it will be on the cheap in 3-4 years. I don't get this crazy siding with the team or owner, it feels pretty transparent that it has everything to do with you wanting your team to be in an optimal situation, but your interests are not Nylander's. He pays back to the fans by scoring goals, not by taking discounts, that's not how it works.
12 nov. 2018 à 17 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Banni
I'd say Nylander is as good as Marner, I'd only give Marner the edge for being younger. I'd say Nylander is as good defensively, because Marner has *improved* this season. People look at William, judges him by his "lack of effort", which someone else might call efficiency, and call it a day. He's stupid good with his stick, he pick up pucks in the NZ at a massive rate, and his playmaking and transition game makes him a perfect partner for a scoring Center in Matthews. But no one talks about trading Marner. If you think Kapanen is that good I'm sure you'll pay him 6.75 mil then?

I'd glady take Nylander for 7.25, even 7.5. He's worth that this year, and it will be on the cheap in 3-4 years. I don't get this crazy siding with the team or owner, it feels pretty transparent that it has everything to do with you wanting your team to be in an optimal situation, but your interests are not Nylander's. He pays back to the fans by scoring goals, not by taking discounts, that's not how it works.

Yeah I agree with you completely. Marner had a really good playoffs last year which made everyone go nuts about him. He's been fantastic this season but if Matthews and Nylander were also in the lineup, it would Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander and Rielly all battling for tops in team scoring. Nylander would likely put Matthews over the top and make it him and Nylander at the top of the scoring race. But since he's not in the lineup, he's trash and no one will pay him more than 4 million.
MelonVK a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2018 à 17 h 17
Watches no games
Yeah I agree with you completely. Marner had a really good playoffs last year which made everyone go nuts about him. He's been fantastic this season but if Matthews and Nylander were also in the lineup, it would Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander and Rielly all battling for tops in team scoring. Nylander would likely put Matthews over the top and make it him and Nylander at the top of the scoring race. But since he's not in the lineup, he's trash and no one will pay him more than 4 million.

This board is also hilarious in terms of how it fluctuates with Toronto's wins and losses. When the team was doing well at first we hear "TRADE HIM", then they lost two or so and instantly "OMG SIGN NY ALREADY", and now we're basically at "THROW HIM TO THE DOGS" after some Toronto-based reporter *shocker* reported a Toronto-friendly story.
12 nov. 2018 à 17 h 20
Please don't tell me you are one of the guys drinking the Kapanen coolaid. He's awesome but he's several steps behind Nylander.

As for no one thinks he deserves what he gets paid is a really weird but likely accurate statement.

Why I think its weird is because GM's each year over pay people for being way less than Nylander. Just look at guys making 6.5 million a year. There are many that Nylander is significantly better than. JVR is making 7 million and he's not that good outside of the powerplay. So he's not really being greedy, I think he's worried that he's not going to have control over his career. If he signs too low, his contract will look very attractive and then TO may trade him. He wants to be here long term and I think TO needs to make him feel comfortable with that.

If he was a value contract why would they trade him it would be more expensive to sign a similar free agent. Right now we can get a similar player for less than what he wants or a more proven for the same. Dubas isn't stupid he wants nylander on a value contract not to trade him but to put better players around him which is why he went to Geneva to tell him. Also, never said kapanen is a good as nylander i just stated a replacement and stat wise he is literally putting up the same stats. Nylander hopefully will findout that no other team will go over probably 7 million and knows that dubas isn't trying to be cheap.
12 nov. 2018 à 17 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Banni
This board is also hilarious in terms of how it fluctuates with Toronto's wins and losses. When the team was doing well at first we hear "TRADE HIM", then they lost two or so and instantly "OMG SIGN NY ALREADY", and now we're basically at "THROW HIM TO THE DOGS" after some Toronto-based reporter *shocker* reported a Toronto-friendly story.

Lol, totally
12 nov. 2018 à 17 h 40

1st kap will get about about 3.5 - 4. He has only done it for 1 season so it will be a bridge deal. 2nd no one is denying nylander has talant but no team thinks he's worth 8 million or they would have offersheeted him. So you may sign him at 7.5 but from what is reported no gm would any willing to comment agree with Dubas on this. But if nylander wants a bridge then the max is 5 million per any more than that they need to still try longterm hense why they can't agree to a bridge. He pays back the fans by being a player not taking a shift off which he did routinely, start playing an allround game, and not being a distraction in anyway for the entirety of his contract.
12 nov. 2018 à 19 h 58
Who adds what?
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
With the RFA arbitration system, you have to sign for about what comparable player have signed for. The team should give Nylander as many years as he wants, provided its within the range of comparable recent RFA contracts.
If he wants seven years? Great! If he wants two? great! Either way, he's worth more than Wilson, and less than Zucker, so he's getting between 5.5M and 5.5M. Glad I could help.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage