SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Paul Byron (4 Years / $3,400,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 sept. 2018 à 18 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He is capable of 20 goals a year and is one of the faster skaters in the league, He can slot anywhere in the lineup and can play top PP and top PK time

He’s also capable of being thrown on waivers, as proven. Habs would’ve been better off trading him at TDL for some picks. Let another team give him a long term contract. He’s EXACTLY like dale Weiss. Look how well he turned out
28 sept. 2018 à 18 h 31
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: mhockey91
He’s also capable of being thrown on waivers, as proven. Habs would’ve been better off trading him at TDL for some picks. Let another team give him a long term contract. He’s EXACTLY like dale Weiss. Look how well he turned out

And the idiotic comment to the year goes to...
mr_z a aimé ceci.
28 sept. 2018 à 21 h 23
And the idiotic comment to the year goes to...

Says the Habs fan lmao. Very good chance he’s dale Weiss 2.0
28 sept. 2018 à 22 h 4
WentWughes

I'm not even gonna prove you wrong. Maybe if you watched a game you would know. But your comments prove you are clueless
28 sept. 2018 à 22 h 9
I'm not even gonna prove you wrong. Maybe if you watched a game you would know. But your comments prove you are clueless

I’m not saying he wasn’t good last year. You’re clueless. I’m saying in 3,4 years from now he’ll be a waiver wire player again. You don’t even understand how this league works. Typical Habs fan
28 sept. 2018 à 22 h 31
WentWughes
I’m not saying he wasn’t good last year. You’re clueless. I’m saying in 3,4 years from now he’ll be a waiver wire player again. You don’t even understand how this league works. Typical Habs fan

Tell me mr know it all how does this league work?
28 sept. 2018 à 23 h 52
Tell me mr know it all how does this league work?

That guys like Paul Byron come around all the time and signing him to a mid term contract is a bad move. They should’ve moved him at the deadline for picks. Year 2 or 3 into that contract he’ll be out of the league
29 sept. 2018 à 13 h 48
WentWughes
That guys like Paul Byron come around all the time and signing him to a mid term contract is a bad move. They should’ve moved him at the deadline for picks. Year 2 or 3 into that contract he’ll be out of the league

Based on what? Name me a similar player this has happened to. And don't name players who aren't even comparable
29 sept. 2018 à 16 h 21
Based on what? Name me a similar player this has happened to. And don't name players who aren't even comparable

I just did with dale Weiss LMAO. He was a bum in Vancouver, had some success with the Habs, then turned back into a bum
29 sept. 2018 à 16 h 48
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
I just did with dale Weiss LMAO. He was a bum in Vancouver, had some success with the Habs, then turned back into a bum

Trying to compare Weise to Byron just because both played for the Habs is moronic. Just stop. Both are completely different players. So he got picked up on waivers, so what! Kunitz was a waiver pick up and ended up having six 20+ Goal seasons. Kunitz and Byron are a much more fair comparisons
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2018 à 18 h 12
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Trying to compare Weise to Byron just because both played for the Habs is moronic. Just stop. Both are completely different players. So he got picked up on waivers, so what! Kunitz was a waiver pick up and ended up having six 20+ Goal seasons. Kunitz and Byron are a much more fair comparisons

Lmao I bet you were the same guy hyping up Weiss a couple years ago. They are EXTREMELY similar. I can’t wait till Byron is a bum in a couple years and you guys are stuck with that contract. Typical Habs move
29 sept. 2018 à 18 h 13
WentWughes

I can't even put in the effort to try and prove this guy otherwise because I can tell just how much of a moron he is
Blazingbat11 a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2018 à 18 h 57
WentWughes
Lmao I bet you were the same guy hyping up Weiss a couple years ago. They are EXTREMELY similar. I can’t wait till Byron is a bum in a couple years and you guys are stuck with that contract. Typical Habs move

Nobody was hyping Weise up a couple of years ago. We all knew he was another Brandon Prust. A bottom 6 winger who was an energy guy. Byron is completely different
29 sept. 2018 à 19 h 35
Molson beer is meh

Nope. Was happy they moved Weise, Habs were lucky to get Danault for him.

Please explain how they are similar players? Bet you can’t give a legitimate explanation. keep sounding like a moronic Hab hater though, you seem to be a pro at it. laugh
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2018 à 21 h 5
Nope. Was happy they moved Weise, Habs were lucky to get Danault for him.

Please explain how they are similar players? Bet you can’t give a legitimate explanation. keep sounding like a moronic Hab hater though, you seem to be a pro at it. laugh

Nobody was hyping Weise up a couple of years ago. We all knew he was another Brandon Prust. A bottom 6 winger who was an energy guy. Byron is completely different

I can't even put in the effort to try and prove this guy otherwise because I can tell just how much of a moron he is

They’re both energy guys lmao. If I wasn’t tredding water with infractions right now I would roast you clueless fans but you guys aren’t worth my time. Enjoy your brutal team clueless Habs fans. Like I said that you guys FAIL to understand. I AM SAYING BYRON IS A GOOD PLAYER RIGHT NOW. Im saying in a few years he’s probably going to be bad like most 3rd liners. It’s not wise to sign players like that to long term contracts that don’t expire till he’s 34+ years old. SEE YAAAA
29 sept. 2018 à 22 h 29
WentWughes
They’re both energy guys lmao. If I wasn’t tredding water with infractions right now I would roast you clueless fans but you guys aren’t worth my time. Enjoy your brutal team clueless Habs fans. Like I said that you guys FAIL to understand. I AM SAYING BYRON IS A GOOD PLAYER RIGHT NOW. Im saying in a few years he’s probably going to be bad like most 3rd liners. It’s not wise to sign players like that to long term contracts that don’t expire till he’s 34+ years old. SEE YAAAA

I can tell why you are tredding waters with infractions... ******* Moron.. THE CONTRACT EXPIRES WHEN BYRON IS 34... why are you saying 34+... Your IQ must be low 70s
Blazingbat11 a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2018 à 22 h 50
Molson beer is meh

giphy.gif
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
30 sept. 2018 à 14 h 45
I can tell why you are tredding waters with infractions... ******* Moron.. THE CONTRACT EXPIRES WHEN BYRON IS 34... why are you saying 34+... Your IQ must be low 70s

I was ballparking it. You know it’s sad that you get offended that easily when I say Byron’s contract is bad lmao. At the end of the day with how brutally mangaged the Habs are, he’s the least of their problems. Habs have some of the worst contracts in the Leauge with Weber and price HAHAHA. Enjoy being the 2nd biggest joke in the leauge (Ottawa is still worse)
30 sept. 2018 à 14 h 50
WentWughes
And that guys is how you get added to an Ignore List. No time for Morons
30 sept. 2018 à 15 h 9
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,663
Modifié 30 sept. 2018 à 15 h 59
Montreal has the cap and the real need for Byron to play centre for a few years. So for that reason maybe it was a needed signing. We'll see how good it turns out to be long term. But as mhockey91 suggested, there are a lot of players who good years later in their mediocre career and which gets them a good contract and then they revert to previous mediocrity or worse. Good luck to Byron and the Habs.
mhockey91 et Blazingbat11 a aimé ceci.
30 sept. 2018 à 16 h 2
Quoting: palhal
Montreal has the cap and the real need for Byron to play centre for a few years. So for that reason maybe it was a needed signing. We'll see how good it turns out to be long term. But as mhockey91 suggested, there are a lot of players who good years later in their mediocre career and which gets them a good contract and then they revert to previous mediocrity or worse. Good luck to Byron and the Habs.

Thankyou. That is a very fair analysis

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage