SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Ottawa Senators signed Mark Stone (1 Year / $7,350,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 août 2018 à 12 h 14
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,676
Quoting: MrBooth
once again, we have the random troll who voted “yes”

I guess it could be a YES if the Colorado Avalanche are on this site!!! smile
3 août 2018 à 12 h 35
Buljujarvi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,552
he wants out for sure. Like trouba.
3 août 2018 à 12 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 232
It was obvious that he wants out since he filed 9 million for arbitration. Same with Karlsson, Ceci who asked for 6 million in arbitration, would be surprised if Duchene resigns. Will be some tough seasons for the Sens
3 août 2018 à 13 h 42
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Ottawa is looking more and more like the story of Exodus.

- Melnyk is the Pharaoh
- Dorion in the Pharaoh's wife
- Karlsson is Moses
- Stone is Moses advisor
- Duchene is the 1st plague
- Hoffman is the 2nd plague
- Matt Hughes is the 1st born sacrifice
- Toronto is the promised land.
- Dubas is God
3 août 2018 à 14 h 45
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
7+ million for a guy who scored low 20 goals the last 3 year. Call me crazy that seems like a bit of an over payment.
3 août 2018 à 16 h 42
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: pharrow
7+ million for a guy who scored low 20 goals the last 3 year. Call me crazy that seems like a bit of an over payment.

He's a lock for 20 goals/60 points every season and is one of the best two-way wingers in the league.
3 août 2018 à 16 h 51

20 Goals
42 Assists
--------
62 Points

In 58 games....so lets projects that to 82 games.

28 Goals
60 Assists
--------
88 Points

Now compare that to Evander Kane's $7,000,000 dollars for 54 points in 78 games.
3 août 2018 à 22 h 55
Robert Thomas Szn
Mentions "j'aime": 33
I gave the Rangers flak for overpaying players, but Ottawa takes the damn cake with this and Cody Ceci. Also add Stone to the list of big name UFAs next year.

I genuinely feel sorry for Sens fans. At least other bad teams are trying to rebuild. Ottawa simply isn't.
4 août 2018 à 1 h 49
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: drewjenks
20 Goals
42 Assists
--------
62 Points

In 58 games....so lets projects that to 82 games.

28 Goals
60 Assists
--------
88 Points

Now compare that to Evander Kane's $7,000,000 dollars for 54 points in 78 games.

Project that out?

He's had 3 years on the NHL level to hit those numbers, he never has!
Those are facts.
I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be paid, my point is he's over paid, by at least $1 million. Furthermore, it's to a guy you know isn't going to stay. Why over pay a guy you know is gonna jump ship and you know you are going to have to trade out at some point to get value for him. It makes it harder for teams to fit him under the cap at trade deadline.. $7 mil was a lot on that signing.
4 août 2018 à 2 h 27
Project that out?

He's had 3 years on the NHL level to hit those numbers, he never has!
Those are facts.
I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be paid, my point is he's over paid, by at least $1 million. Furthermore, it's to a guy you know isn't going to stay. Why over pay a guy you know is gonna jump ship and you know you are going to have to trade out at some point to get value for him. It makes it harder for teams to fit him under the cap at trade deadline.. $7 mil was a lot on that signing.

*arbitration ruling
9 août 2018 à 13 h 45
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 0
The real problem here is not Dorion. Ottawa have a cheap owner who does not want to pay his player what they deserve. What did you except from your GM if your owner don't give you the money to manage a good team. Ottawa's dead for the next 10 years all they have to do its sell all their players for draft pick and building around Chabot and Tkachuk.
10 août 2018 à 1 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
The OTT organization is actually the worst run an most disorganized franchise in sports right now. The league needs to step in and force a sale in the best interest of the city, the fans, the league, and the game of hockey and its perceived integrity. Bettman and the owners need to do what Adam Silver did w/ LA Clippers: When an owner is acting in a detrimental manner that damages the integrity and viability of his franchise and the league in general, he needs to step aside or be forced out.

Melnyk has done nothing but ship out all of his best payers like Hoffman, Turris, Mathot, and soon to be Erik Karlsson-the best player in team history; overpay his mediocre players like Burrows, Andersson, and Bobby Ryan-overpaid by $5M AAV one of the worst deals in recent memory; and give away future assets when you're clearly on the decline. They need a fresh start w/ fresh leadership or they might find themselves playing in Houston in a couple years-which might be Melnyk's twisted ambition anyway.
10 août 2018 à 11 h 21
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: Brian2016
The OTT organization is actually the worst run an most disorganized franchise in sports right now. The league needs to step in and force a sale in the best interest of the city, the fans, the league, and the game of hockey and its perceived integrity. Bettman and the owners need to do what Adam Silver did w/ LA Clippers: When an owner is acting in a detrimental manner that damages the integrity and viability of his franchise and the league in general, he needs to step aside or be forced out.

Melnyk has done nothing but ship out all of his best payers like Hoffman, Turris, Mathot, and soon to be Erik Karlsson-the best player in team history; overpay his mediocre players like Burrows, Andersson, and Bobby Ryan-overpaid by $5M AAV one of the worst deals in recent memory; and give away future assets when you're clearly on the decline. They need a fresh start w/ fresh leadership or they might find themselves playing in Houston in a couple years-which might be Melnyk's twisted ambition anyway.

While I agree with you on the dysfunctional nature of the organization, I have to disagree with you on some of the players you mentioned.

Hoffman was moved because of a personal issue between him and Karlsson, nothing to do with Melnyk; Dorion waited too long to trade him, so when the news came to light so his value plummeted. The Turris trade was a hockey deal; they were looking to improve by adding Matt Duchene, so at worst it was a lateral move. Methot was taken as a result of the expansion draft, so there's literally no reason to blame Melnyk over this. And he was far from being one of the best players on the team. Karlsson, I do agree with you on. Melnyk's cheapness, in addition to the collapse of the team's on-ice performance, has soured Karlsson causing him to not want to sign an under-value deal for a club on the downswing.
10 août 2018 à 21 h 18
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
While I agree with you on the dysfunctional nature of the organization, I have to disagree with you on some of the players you mentioned.

Hoffman was moved because of a personal issue between him and Karlsson, nothing to do with Melnyk; Dorion waited too long to trade him, so when the news came to light so his value plummeted. The Turris trade was a hockey deal; they were looking to improve by adding Matt Duchene, so at worst it was a lateral move. Methot was taken as a result of the expansion draft, so there's literally no reason to blame Melnyk over this. And he was far from being one of the best players on the team. Karlsson, I do agree with you on. Melnyk's cheapness, in addition to the collapse of the team's on-ice performance, has soured Karlsson causing him to not want to sign an under-value deal for a club on the downswing.

The Hoffman v. Karlsson feud was a byproduct of the cultural environment within the OTT organization. These types of personal disputes DO NOT happen in organizations w/ high moral standards. The trade for Duchene would've been a lateral move if they didn't have to include the 2019 1st rounder. That makes the deal terrible for OTT considering their team fell off a cliff right after the trade. Finally, if Karlsson wanted to be in OTT, he'd stay for $1M less AAV, especially w/ the extra year on the 8 year contract. He's just using the "cheapness" as a justification. Why spend the rest of his career at the bottom of the league standings? He's one of the best players in the NHL.
10 août 2018 à 21 h 20
Quoting: fadelelm
The real problem here is not Dorion. Ottawa have a cheap owner who does not want to pay his player what they deserve. What did you except from your GM if your owner don't give you the money to manage a good team. Ottawa's dead for the next 10 years all they have to do its sell all their players for draft pick and building around Chabot and Tkachuk.

They're not gonna be that successful building around Tkachuk. He's never gonna be a 1st line player. His brother Matthew was way better at his age and plays on CGY's 2nd line.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage