(CAR / BUF) - Pu and picks for Skinner

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 août 2018 à 13 h 51
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Quoting: LeGreen95
Umm wrong, Berglund is a 3rd liner based on his production as is Sobotka, cap needed go both ways. Writing off a player who never got a shot after 41 NHL games? He was drafted 2 years ago in the 1st round. Do some research before you talk. It really isn't that hard, the tools are there.

Whatever you say. 3.85M and 3.5M are borderline cap dumps for 20 point scorers. But apparently you think you know everything. And try to be a smart ass.
3 août 2018 à 14 h 13
TOLA5760
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Whatever you say. 3.85M and 3.5M are borderline cap dumps for 20 point scorers. But apparently you think you know everything. And try to be a smart ass.

30-40 point players in a full season get that money which they are. Berglund missed like 30 games last year. You're just upset because someone calls you out for your stupidity. Berglund scored 23 goals last year, and had 17 in 57 games. Marleau got paid 6.25 to score 27. So please, enlighten me some more. You're a comedian and try to troll but you have no idea what you're talking about.
3 août 2018 à 14 h 14
30-40 point players in a full season get that money which they are. Berglund missed like 30 games last year. You're just upset because someone calls you out for your stupidity. Berglund scored 23 goals last year, and had 17 in 57 games. Marleau got paid 6.25 to score 27. So please, enlighten me some more. You're a comedian and try to troll but you have no idea what you're talking about.

??‍♂️ You really know nothing and it’s super funny.
3 août 2018 à 14 h 17
TOLA5760
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 9
??‍♂️ You really know nothing and it’s super funny.

enlighten me then? Or you can just take the L, because that's all I have been giving you the last 24 hours. You won't win with me when you don't know what you're talking about.
3 août 2018 à 14 h 28
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222
You also don’t know Sobotka and Berglund are borderline cap dumps and Thompson has sucked and won’t get better than a 2nd Line Guy

If Thompson turns out to be a top 6 player, I think Buffalo will win the O'Reilly deal.
3 août 2018 à 15 h 12
Quoting: Zach
If Thompson turns out to be a top 6 player, I think Buffalo will win the O'Reilly deal.

That’s the problem. Thompson was the worst on the ice every game he played every training camp he went to.
3 août 2018 à 15 h 12
enlighten me then? Or you can just take the L, because that's all I have been giving you the last 24 hours. You won't win with me when you don't know what you're talking about.

Would you rather have a 70point scorer making 7M or 2 guys who reach 40 points for 7M
3 août 2018 à 15 h 17
Hardcore Sabres fan
That’s the problem. Thompson was the worst on the ice every game he played every training camp he went to.

Wrong, he wouldn't have gotten 40 games last season.

St Louis was high on him and he's got a lot of potential, just because you gave up 5 pieces (4 of which were good pieces) doesn't mean you have to degrade Thompson to the degree of an below average beer leauger.
3 août 2018 à 15 h 18
Wrong, he wouldn't have gotten 40 games last season.

St Louis was high on him and he's got a lot of potential, just because you gave up 5 pieces (4 of which were good pieces) doesn't mean you have to degrade Thompson to the degree of an below average beer leauger.

I thought he was good ok. I did then he became ass in the NHL.
3 août 2018 à 15 h 23
Hardcore Sabres fan
I thought he was good ok. I did then he became ass in the NHL.

Why did you say Thompson "won't get better than a 2nd line player"? If he's the worst player every game and every training camp why do you think he can possibly become a 2nd line NHLer?

You have holes in your "opinion"
3 août 2018 à 15 h 26
Why did you say Thompson "won't get better than a 2nd line player"? If he's the worst player every game and every training camp why do you think he can possibly become a 2nd line NHLer?

You have holes in your "opinion"

because that's the best upside he has. thats the best upside he has always had maybe new change of scenery helps, but if he keeps playing like he did here with 9 points in 40 games. and a good majority of those one second line he wont go anywhere in the league
3 août 2018 à 19 h 32
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Well they got fleeced out of O’Reilly now Carolina gets the fleecing now. Now we know Sabres are contenders at least.

How do "we know" that the Sabres are contenders "at least" ?

Last place to a minimum of "top 5 contender status" teams seems like a bit of a stretch no?

- They lost O'Rielly (who is a much more valuable player than Skinner).
- Berglund & Sobotka are 3rd liners (and in their decline years).
- Tage Thompson is a 4th liner at this point (he likely improves though).
- Dahlen and Mittlestadt look promising but have played 5 NHL games combined.

Buffalo can push for a playoff spot if Dahlen and Mittlestadt are "elite team carrying players" right out of the gate....otherwise they're still close to last place.
palhal a aimé ceci.
3 août 2018 à 20 h 13
Quoting: drewjenks
How do "we know" that the Sabres are contenders "at least" ?

Last place to a minimum of "top 5 contender status" teams seems like a bit of a stretch no?

- They lost O'Rielly (who is a much more valuable player than Skinner).
- Berglund & Sobotka are 3rd liners (and in their decline years).
- Tage Thompson is a 4th liner at this point (he likely improves though).
- Dahlen and Mittlestadt look promising but have played 5 NHL games combined.

Buffalo can push for a playoff spot if Dahlen and Mittlestadt are "elite team carrying players" right out of the gate....otherwise they're still close to last place.

Playoff Spot Contenders
4 août 2018 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 44
It seems clear to me that the asking price at the time of the trade was a 1st rounder for Skinner.

They obviously didn't get it and it reminds me of the Galchenyuk situation because MB wanted a 1st as well.

If I am a MTL fan, I am glad today that MB got Domi instead of a bag full of meh.

What do you guys think?
4 août 2018 à 16 h 28
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 362
Quoting: GaryMcBettman
It seems clear to me that the asking price at the time of the trade was a 1st rounder for Skinner.

They obviously didn't get it and it reminds me of the Galchenyuk situation because MB wanted a 1st as well.

If I am a MTL fan, I am glad today that MB got Domi instead of a bag full of meh.

What do you guys think?

that second rounder could be mid 30 pick and if Carolina thinks Pu is nhl player then Carolina do well on the trade if you're trading for futures. montreal was right in getting a player for galechenyuk. for chucky and domi, maybe the trade helps their careers.
GaryMcBettman a aimé ceci.
9 août 2018 à 15 h 59
mothariah
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Where did the Sabres last 26-year-old goal scoring winger end up? Same place this one will end up.

Two days before the deadline:

Jeff Skinner to San Jose for Kevin Labanc, Ottawa's 2nd round pick in the 2019 Draft, and a 4th round pick.

Lines will be:

Skinner-Couture-Hertl
Kane-Pavelski-Tierney
Meier-Thornton-Donskoi
Sorensen-Goodrow-Karlsson (althoug Suomela, Gambrell, etc. might have something to say about the 4th line)

The Sharks will finish second the Pacific and lose in the Conference Finals to the Winnipeg Jets, who will take the Tampa Bay Lightning to 7 games.

Done.

Then, DW will sign Skinner to an eight year, $58,000,000 deal ($7,250,000 AAV)
10 août 2018 à 11 h 37
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: mothariah
Where did the Sabres last 26-year-old goal scoring winger end up? Same place this one will end up.

Two days before the deadline:

Jeff Skinner to San Jose for Kevin Labanc, Ottawa's 2nd round pick in the 2019 Draft, and a 4th round pick.

Lines will be:

Skinner-Couture-Hertl
Kane-Pavelski-Tierney
Meier-Thornton-Donskoi
Sorensen-Goodrow-Karlsson (althoug Suomela, Gambrell, etc. might have something to say about the 4th line)

The Sharks will finish second the Pacific and lose in the Conference Finals to the Winnipeg Jets, who will take the Tampa Bay Lightning to 7 games.

Done.

Then, DW will sign Skinner to an eight year, $58,000,000 deal ($7,250,000 AAV)

Skinner wouldn't have waived his full NMC just to be dealt at the deadline. He could've accomplished that in Carolina. He waived it because he believes in what Buffalo is building and he wants to be a part of that. He'll likely get locked up on an extension before the season is over.
10 août 2018 à 12 h 27
mothariah
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Skinner wouldn't have waived his full NMC just to be dealt at the deadline. He could've accomplished that in Carolina. He waived it because he believes in what Buffalo is building and he wants to be a part of that. He'll likely get locked up on an extension before the season is over.

And let's just say the Sabres are 31st in the league at Christmas? You can say he might like what they're building, and it should be pretty good in a couple years, but he has been on a crappy team his whole career. There's no reason to believe he wants to stick around on another one if they are terrible this year.
10 août 2018 à 17 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 433
Quoting: mothariah
And let's just say the Sabres are 31st in the league at Christmas? You can say he might like what they're building, and it should be pretty good in a couple years, but he has been on a crappy team his whole career. There's no reason to believe he wants to stick around on another one if they are terrible this year.

It's very possible that he didn't waive his clause because he believes in what the Sabres are doing and also that he'll stick around if they don't improve. In all likelihood, he likes that Buffalo is close to home.
14 août 2018 à 23 h 58
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
This is one of those trades where Buffalo wins now but they probably will lose in the long-run.
10 sept. 2018 à 10 h 22
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
LOL Stupid Carolina! Good steal for Buffalo though.
8 janv. 2019 à 22 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 947
talk about sellers remorse

42 games played. 28 goals, 41 points

this just keeps getting worse
8 janv. 2019 à 22 h 59
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: Shifttee
talk about sellers remorse

42 games played. 28 goals, 41 points

this just keeps getting worse

He should've gotten the same value that Montreal did for Pacioretty. Carolina's stupidity almost screwed Bergevin, but he got the true value of Pacioretty. Buffalo got a steal for sure.
31 déc. 2019 à 15 h 1
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Modifié 31 déc. 2019 à 15 h 24
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He should've gotten the same value that Montreal did for Pacioretty. Carolina's stupidity almost screwed Bergevin, but he got the true value of Pacioretty. Buffalo got a steal for sure.

The first year was good, worth 9M, played all 82, got 40 goals, only 63pts though - no playoffs either

Now this year at almost 1/2 way mark 11 Goals 19 pts and now he is injured, your lucky if that production worth 4M a year
And looking grim for the playoffs again this year and he is getting paid 10M real money the first 6years

The jury will be out for a good while yet on this deal, so far not the result Buff was looking for giving up 4 assests
and paying the guy 9m a year

Of course it's not looking great for Carolina either, Cliff Pu who was a 3rd round pick has already been dealt to Florida
for future consideration only and is in the ECHL, the 2nd rounder they got they took a KHL goalie who only played 6 games
last year and 6 so far this year, not particularly promising.
So Car still has Buf 3rd this coming draft and their 6th, but they already traded away the 6th, not sure for what or to who

We shall see, still pretty big advantage Buff at this point, but will decline quick unless he returns to form after this first half
Especially if he is wildly overpaid going forward, he's gonna be a 9m cap hit at 34 years old, it quite possible the last 4 years
of the 8 year deal, he'll be overpaid
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 18 h 33
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 148
$9,000,000 for 4th liner. 121-7 in votes for Sabres. this didnt age well smile

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation