SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Islanders

Barry Trotz ... playoffs?

Will the Islanders make the playoffs in 2018-19?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 juin 2018 à 14 h 6
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I'm not sure. I didn't think they'd make it but now i'm wondering if they might.
21 juin 2018 à 17 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 34
As of right now, probably not. While Trotz will help, I think the rest of the division is still to good. But I'm still hoping a few more moves to be made this summer, so I hope for the best.
20 août 2018 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 118
It all comes down to two things: how much can Trotz change the team defensive habits and how good will Lehner be. I think many under estimate how much talent up front there really is. if the team can execute Trotz's defensive system well, and Lehner plays like he did 2 years ago this team could make the playoffs
22 août 2018 à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: trickydick55
It all comes down to two things: how much can Trotz change the team defensive habits and how good will Lehner be. I think many under estimate how much talent up front there really is. if the team can execute Trotz's defensive system well, and Lehner plays like he did 2 years ago this team could make the playoffs

Really? I can't see them making the playoffs yet ... they lost JT. Maybe in a few years.
22 août 2018 à 13 h 48
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Really? I can't see them making the playoffs yet ... they lost JT. Maybe in a few years.

so what? offense isn't the issue hasn"t been the issue never was the issue. with Tavares, without Taveres, doesn't matter, there is enough fire power up front either way. it all depends on how many goals they can keep out of their net. that depends on system and goaltending. if those two things work out, they can make the playoffs.
23 août 2018 à 2 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: trickydick55
so what? offense isn't the issue hasn"t been the issue never was the issue. with Tavares, without Taveres, doesn't matter, there is enough fire power up front either way. it all depends on how many goals they can keep out of their net. that depends on system and goaltending. if those two things work out, they can make the playoffs.

The goaltending is better, but the defence has not improved ... i mean you never know, lower expectations ... maybe they're ready to show fans they're wrong ... I can be as optimistic as i can, and still not have either of my teams making the playoffs.
23 août 2018 à 15 h 25
The goaltending is better, but the defence has not improved ... i mean you never know, lower expectations ... maybe they're ready to show fans they're wrong ... I can be as optimistic as i can, and still not have either of my teams making the playoffs.

99.99 percent of the defensive problems of this team last year and for the last 5 years, has had nothing to do with actual personnel
23 août 2018 à 22 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 100
Who do they beat out to make the playoffs. Probably just four teams in the Metro make the playoffs with improved Panthers makes it four teams in the Atlantic, Caps. Pens, CBJ. then Philly, NYD. Can Isle become # 4 team? Nope.
24 août 2018 à 14 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: orignalsix
Who do they beat out to make the playoffs. Probably just four teams in the Metro make the playoffs with improved Panthers makes it four teams in the Atlantic, Caps. Pens, CBJ. then Philly, NYD. Can Isle become # 4 team? Nope.

I mean Florida might miss ... and then maybe one of PHI and NJD misses. But the one spot left would probably go to Carolina.
24 août 2018 à 14 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: orignalsix

I have Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Florida, Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Columbus making it.
24 août 2018 à 20 h 29
Mentions "j'aime": 100
Modifié 26 août 2018 à 10 h 15
I have Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Florida, Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Columbus making it.

you and I agree. lets's forget the regular and go straight to the playoffs. a best of 21. four rounds or eight two games.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage