Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

1 avr. 2019 à 18 h 10
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
Quoting: ricochetii
Sent you an email.

Injuries should be accounted for. We factored them into trade values all season, and a number of people actively worked to replace those players in their lineup.
Submit a lineup prior to each round, including which players are scratched and calculations/voting are done without injured/scratched players.

Could do a flat point addition or a slight percentage for home advantage. Out of 100, I'd say 3 points, or 3%. Out of 50, 2 points/% max.

Check out the "Matchup Primer" tab I'm adding to the score sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kF_rV7vT8q2KNcwX3ClKLzQaQ_Mz9igZUNyAhbkT4w/edit?usp=sharing). Once the matchups are finalized, I can make a version of this for each matchup and then open up the sheet for editing so GMs can make a copy and total up their votes, write them down or memorize them, and pop them into the Google Form so that they are automatically counted.
1 avr. 2019 à 18 h 26
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: A_K
Check out the "Matchup Primer" tab I'm adding to the score sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kF_rV7vT8q2KNcwX3ClKLzQaQ_Mz9igZUNyAhbkT4w/edit?usp=sharing). Once the matchups are finalized, I can make a version of this for each matchup and then open up the sheet for editing so GMs can make a copy and total up their votes, write them down or memorize them, and pop them into the Google Form so that they are automatically counted.

Only had time for a glance right now, but that's the general idea.
Most evident thing is to try not to spread it out to reduce scrolling.
Most technical thing is to either restrict choices (1 per row) automatically to prevent spoiled ballots, or manually review and allow for corrections. I had the checkboxes, but you can loop to check for input on each row and throw a warning when 2 or more cells return a value.
1 avr. 2019 à 22 h 26
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: Gronk
Well if they arent in the NHL then how would they benefit your team regardless

I mean if they aren't in the NHL IRL. It should count for playoff voting IMO, because it's no longer about stats.
1 avr. 2019 à 22 h 50
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I mean if they aren't in the NHL IRL. It should count for playoff voting IMO, because it's no longer about stats.

But then if they arent in the NHL, how exactly do they make your team better in any way shape or form
1 avr. 2019 à 22 h 53
Black Lives Matter
But then if they arent in the NHL, how exactly do they make your team better in any way shape or form

People could consider them in playoff voting and how they could be doing if they were in the NHL.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 4
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
People could consider them in playoff voting and how they could be doing if they were in the NHL.

But how can we determine how they preform in the NHL if they arent in the NHL?
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 17
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820

All non-NHLers will probably just count as worse than replacement level.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 18
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
But how can we determine how they preform in the NHL if they arent in the NHL?

Because say for instance. Morgan Frost destroys the OHL.
I think if Frost was on an NHL club he could be a producer.
Therefore I rank Philly's offence higher than the competition.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 22
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
determining the cup champion of the game should be solely about NHL players... if you want to evaluate prospects and how they'd fare do an AHL playoffs tournament. We haven't accounted for the "what ifs" of IF a player had more playing opportunity, or IF a player played alongside better linemates in the game... no reason to start making assumptions like that now.
NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 23
GM - Canucks
Quoting: matt59
determining the cup champion of the game should be solely about NHL players... if you want to evaluate prospects and how they'd fare do an AHL playoffs tournament. We haven't accounted for the "what ifs" of IF a player had more playing opportunity, or IF a player played alongside better linemates in the game... no reason to start making assumptions like that now.

I mean if we are doing a slide scale for what team has the best offense. People can instantly take advantage via sliding further in one direction.
Which is how it should be.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 28
Black Lives Matter

But I thought the only reason they don't count toward the standings is because of stats. Our playoffs are not about stats.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 29
Go Jackets
Quoting: TMLSage
I mean if we are doing a slide scale for what team has the best offense. People can instantly take advantage via sliding further in one direction.
Which is how it should be.

It just makes zero sense to include evaluations of non-nhl players who don't play when evaluating playoff teams. The playoffs are designed for teams that have positioned themselves to win now, with NHL players. Including prospects and non-nhlers in determining who has a better offense/defense in the playoffs is like using the price of paper to determine which car is cheaper... they don't relate to each other, at all.
NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 30
GM - Canucks
It just makes zero sense to include evaluations of non-nhl players who don't play when evaluating playoff teams. The playoffs are designed for teams that have positioned themselves to win now, with NHL players. Including prospects and non-nhlers in determining who has a better offense/defense in the playoffs is like using the price of paper to determine which car is cheaper... they don't relate to each other, at all.

Yes, but it is a slide scale the way it is currently set up.
So voters can choose to use prospects as influence.
Also, I 100% believe that a player like Morgan Frost would produce more points than an average 4th liner.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 30
Go Jackets
But I thought the only reason they don't count toward the standings is because of stats. Our playoffs are not about stats.

if they don't play in the NHL they can't help you win... and the playoffs are about who would win.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 32
Go Jackets
Yes, but it is a slide scale the way it is currently set up.
So voters can choose to use prospects as influence.
Also, I 100% believe that a player like Morgan Frost would produce more points than an average 4th liner.

If ya'll wanna included prospects in determining who would win a playoff matchup go ahead... but it makes no logical sense whatsoever.
NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 36
GM - Canucks
If ya'll wanna included prospects in determining who would win a playoff matchup go ahead... but it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

It makes a lot of logical sense.
And again, any person voting would get there choice if it influences.

I know for a fact it would influence my vote.
For instance, if Bracco (leads the league in scoring for the AHL) was called up for playoffs for Toronto and replaced Gauthier or Moore.

I would value Bracco as an upgrade, and therefore give Toronto more weight in their offense score.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 49
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
APRIL FOOLS!

I'm staying to those (not mentioning any names...... @rangersandislesfan .......) who got fooled.

ur welcome
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 52
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Because say for instance. Morgan Frost destroys the OHL.
I think if Frost was on an NHL club he could be a producer.
Therefore I rank Philly's offence higher than the competition.

This is exactly what I'm worried about in the playoffs. Guys with zero NHL track record or success swaying votes because they were hyped or because they are simply "young" .. as a flyers fan I personally wouldn't give them a bump with adding Frost just because what I've seen against NHL competition hasn't been that good. He's still a project.
Mr_cap, LicMysak, Gronk and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 54
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
It makes a lot of logical sense.
And again, any person voting would get there choice if it influences.

I know for a fact it would influence my vote.
For instance, if Bracco (leads the league in scoring for the AHL) was called up for playoffs for Toronto and replaced Gauthier or Moore.

I would value Bracco as an upgrade, and therefore give Toronto more weight in their offense score.

I'd vote negative points if Frost or Bracco were on a team because in the playoffs I'd rather have a Maroon or Laughton level player over Frost at this point in his career.
LicMysak, Mr_cap et Gronk a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 23 h 55
GM - Canucks
Quoting: NateElder12
This is exactly what I'm worried about in the playoffs. Guys with zero NHL track record or success swaying votes because they were hyped or because they are simply "young" .. as a flyers fan I personally wouldn't give them a bump with adding Frost just because what I've seen against NHL competition hasn't been that good. He's still a project.

That is 100% okay.

Because at the end of the day, the Playoff teams can choose to send their best roster forward.
If they want include a hyped rookie, in a lower league they can (aslong as he is signed and would be allowed)

Then it is at the voters choice to increase or lower the scoring based on that player.
Which, most voters might vote lower, but some might vote higher.
2 avr. 2019 à 0 h 2
Quoting: Mr_cap
APRIL FOOLS!

I'm staying to those (not mentioning any names...... @rangersandislesfan .......) who got fooled.

ur welcome

*pretends to be shocked*
Mr_cap et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
2 avr. 2019 à 0 h 11
NBABound
I'm with Nate here, regardless if the player is hyped to be this and that, it shouldn't mean anything if the main point is to evaluate current NHL players. Non-NHL players should be a non factor.
Gronk, LicMysak, NateElder12 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 avr. 2019 à 0 h 18
Black Lives Matter
What about players who have played in the NHL before but aren't currently in the NHL? Because we know they can be decent NHLers.
2 avr. 2019 à 0 h 25
NBABound
What about players who have played in the NHL before but aren't currently in the NHL? Because we know they can be decent NHLers.

"current NHL players". If I had Gretzky on my team, would you count him just because he played in the NHL 20 years ago? lol
2 avr. 2019 à 0 h 29

The playoffs for our league is who would win with their current set of NHL players, not who would win if ______ currently in the minors/europe/juniors was on the team
NateElder12 et matt59 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage