SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

26 août 2018 à 1 h 45
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
How do you count a players' stats when they don't play in the NHL?

I know, that's fair.
26 août 2018 à 13 h 56
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I know, that's fair.

NHLe

:cough cough:
26 août 2018 à 22 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 90
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Florida will be filled in the upcoming days. It hasn't been a priority yet as the former FLA GM blew through all of FLA's summer trades, so the next GM can't make moves until September. We're just making sure we have the best possible option in charge of FLA.

Though true, by waiting all this time, it would give the new Florida GM a chance to evaluate the team, and make a decision on who they want to keep and get rid of come September 1. By waiting, they jump in and can't properly evaluate said assets until they're into the oven, so to speak.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
29 août 2018 à 18 h 10
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Colorado Avalanche @DontToewsMe19
Detroit Red Wings @MrBooth
New York Rangers @jmac490

The 3-way trade submitted on Sunday, 8/26 is being overturned on the grounds that COL exceeded the offseason trade limit of 12. If you believe there is a counting error, please respond ASAP.

You may elect to leave the trade intact and count it toward the month of September... HOWEVER, to make matters even more complicated... it has come to our attention that this trade must take place in two steps. In order for NYR to retain on Landeskog, they must possess the player before he is moved to DET. The two trades will be processed as follows:

Trade 1:
COL receives J Fast, 2019 2nd (TBL), Future Considerations
NYR receives G Landeskog, C Wilson, 2020 1st (COL)

Trade 2:
DET receives G Landeskog ($1,571,429 retained), S Varlamov, B Crawley
COL receives A Athanasiou, 2019 2nd (COL), L Zablocki, N Jensen, Z Gallant, X Ouellet, J Howard
NYR receives R Russo, 2019 3rd (DET)

You will notice that DET only uses 1 trade but COL and NYR require 2.

If all parties agree to move the trade to September (and count 2 September trades against NYR and COL, 1 to DET), then there is no need for any edits in the official trade thread, nor in any individual team threads, as the player movement will be unchanged due to this revision.

If any party wishes to dissolve the trade without plans to re-submit in September, the official trade thread post should be deleted and assets returned to their original teams.

Please discuss amongst yourselves and let me know of your decision:
(1) Keep asset movement intact but separate into 2 September trades for COL/NYR and 1 for DET (shown above)
(2) Dissolve trade

Thanks, and contact the BOG with any questions/comments.

@krakowitz @BoltsPoint21 @A_K @matt59 @TheCommissioner
LicMysak, krakowitz et jmac490 a aimé ceci.
30 août 2018 à 10 h 51
Black Lives Matter
Just to confirm: It is okay to have a quick discussion about possible expansion draft trades already, correct?
30 août 2018 à 11 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Just to confirm: It is okay to have a quick discussion about possible expansion draft trades already, correct?

I talked to Nick (phillyjabroni) about it the other day about it... doesnt want to talk expansion until April.
30 août 2018 à 13 h 11
Black Lives Matter
Does Boychuk need to be protected in expansion? I'll need an answer. @Icegirl said i don't need to protect him, but i was told by you guys i had to.
30 août 2018 à 13 h 16
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
Does Boychuk need to be protected in expansion? I'll need an answer. @Icegirl said i don't need to protect him, but i was told by you guys i had to.

To clarify the confusion:

1. Pat Marleau and Joe Thornton did not require protections. Their contracts expired on July 1st, but they still had NMCs active until that date.
2. Antoine Vermette did not require protection (even though ANA chose to protect him). I did see from one source, however, that his NMC conveniently switched to an NTC on the day of the expansion draft, not July 1st.

So ANA might have utilized a loophole; if that's the case, NYI obviously did not, as Snow had no idea that we'd have an expansion draft in this game on that date. Thus, the verdict is...?
30 août 2018 à 13 h 45
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Bottom line to all this is......this is a "game" and not real life. So technically ANY play who has a NMC at the time of the expansion draft could "waive" said clause in order to be exposed.
30 août 2018 à 14 h 13
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: flamesfan419
Bottom line to all this is......this is a "game" and not real life. So technically ANY play who has a NMC at the time of the expansion draft could "waive" said clause in order to be exposed.

or not waive it too? I mean a player doesn't really have the incentive to waive a NMC unless they are going to make more money, get more playing time, or will be on a cup contender. Boychuk is due another $14M. If bought out he would still make $8.5M. That means if he is confident he could get a deal with a team that would pay him at minimum $2.75M over two years then he has no incentive to waive because he could force the NYI to just use a buyout and he'd make equal/more overall money in the end. He's already 2nd amongst dmen in ice time on the Islanders so that removes that possibility too. His only incentive to waive a NMC realistically would be if he is going to a contender, but with his 8 team trade list that begins in 2019-20 he can specifically choose those 8 "contenders" that he is willing to go to all without ever waiving his NMC to go to an expansion team.
30 août 2018 à 14 h 27
Black Lives Matter
Sorry for all the expansion draft questions, but is there going to be a chance to trade between the end of the season and the expansion draft?
30 août 2018 à 14 h 41
NateElder12
Sorry for all the expansion draft questions, but is there going to be a chance to trade between the end of the season and the expansion draft?

there should be. Along with a window to extend UFAs/RFAs. But i haven't heard.
30 août 2018 à 14 h 50
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885

Trade with other teams or trade with the expansion team?
30 août 2018 à 14 h 52
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: phillyjabroni

I believe you will still have your monthly trade limit, but can make moves with the expansion team, whenever Nick wants to start making moves.

@rangersandislesfan
30 août 2018 à 15 h 21
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni

I'm talking about trades with other teams
30 août 2018 à 23 h 54
Black Lives Matter
I'm talking about trades with other teams

So ... can we make deals with teams other than Quebec between the end of the playoffs and the expansion draft? Or will all pre-expansion draft trades need to be done before the deadline?

Also, i'd really like one final answer on Johnny Boychuk. Does he have to be protected or not.
31 août 2018 à 0 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
So ... can we make deals with teams other than Quebec between the end of the playoffs and the expansion draft? Or will all pre-expansion draft trades need to be done before the deadline?

Also, i'd really like one final answer on Johnny Boychuk. Does he have to be protected or not.

Dude, I've tried to be patient but it really is getting annoying seeing messages in here constantly about Boychuk. We've given you the answer multiple times. Yes, he needs to be protected because his contract includes a NMC.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
31 août 2018 à 1 h 31
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TheCommissioner
Dude, I've tried to be patient but it really is getting annoying seeing messages in here constantly about Boychuk. We've given you the answer multiple times. Yes, he needs to be protected because his contract includes a NMC.

I keep getting told that i don't have to ... i thought i had to first, and then i was told i didn't have to, and then that i did, and on and on. If you say i have to protect him, i'm going to believe him. What about the trades between the playoffs and expansion draft?
31 août 2018 à 1 h 34
I keep getting told that i don't have to ... i thought i had to first, and then i was told i didn't have to, and then that i did, and on and on. If you say i have to protect him, i'm going to believe him. What about the trades between the playoffs and expansion draft?

Look... Kayla isnt part of the BOG anymore.
If Dylan says that he needs to be protected, he needs to be protected. Sucks but that is the rule of the game.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
31 août 2018 à 1 h 35
Black Lives Matter
Sorry, read the rules ... i have a question: why can't teams make trades with other teams between the playoffs and expansion draft? When Vegas came in they allowed that, and it also gives teams a chance to build a contending team for the playoffs while being able to later trade players they are going to lose for nothing otherwise.
31 août 2018 à 1 h 36
May contain nuts
Quoting: jmac490
If Dylan says that he needs to be protected, he needs to be protected. Sucks but that is the rule of the game.

Krak and Dylan to me:

giphy.webp
31 août 2018 à 1 h 36
Black Lives Matter

I don't mind the rule, i just wanted an answer. I've been told by a few people that i don't need to protect him, and i will stop asking now.
jmac490 a aimé ceci.
31 août 2018 à 1 h 41
Quoting: Icegirl
Krak and Dylan to me:

giphy.webp

Little unfortunate, but if the game runs smoother because of it, I'm all for it.
Glad the split was received well and that the game hasn't lost a step due to drama from the firing.
Really appreciate the maturity from both Brett and yourself.
31 août 2018 à 1 h 50
May contain nuts
Little unfortunate, but if the game runs smoother because of it, I'm all for it.
Glad the split was received well and that the game hasn't lost a step due to drama from the firing.
Really appreciate the maturity from both Brett and yourself.

Thanks Jmac.

If the chat reception was that good, and if the same people who wanted me fired also want me to remain in the game, I guess I'll stay...
31 août 2018 à 11 h 52
NateElder12
Sorry, read the rules ... i have a question: why can't teams make trades with other teams between the playoffs and expansion draft? When Vegas came in they allowed that, and it also gives teams a chance to build a contending team for the playoffs while being able to later trade players they are going to lose for nothing otherwise.

you can make trades between the end of the playoffs and the expansion draft.. The trade market opens up again once the last game of the league year is played. Making trades during that time is no different than draft day trades. If there is a rule that says that is no longer true please let me know ASAP.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage