SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

24 août 2018 à 1 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Just noticed now, why does the thread title include '2017-18 Gm Game' ... it's the 2018-19 game.

@Banks please fix
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
24 août 2018 à 8 h 26
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
Quoting: TMLSage
Part of me doesn't want the BOG to be a united bunch of "yes men". Part of the reason why I liked Kayla and Brett, because they usually stand up for their opinions.

Who you calling a 'yes man'? Them're fightin words
24 août 2018 à 11 h 49
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
I have a very serious question. At the beginning of v3, everyone was asking what will be different this time. I don't remember who answered, but they said it has been designed to last more than 1 year. I don't see this game making it the full year. Is there any info on what might happen before we waste our time on a other game and all get hyped for the next version once again?
24 août 2018 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880
Quoting: GronkNation
I have a very serious question. At the beginning of v3, everyone was asking what will be different this time. I don't remember who answered, but they said it has been designed to last more than 1 year. I don't see this game making it the full year. Is there any info on what might happen before we waste our time on a other game and all get hyped for the next version once again?

The addition of the expansion team will make the game last longer than one year. I think the plan is to have it refresh after that year (so 2020?).
24 août 2018 à 12 h 22
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
Quoting: phillyjabroni
The addition of the expansion team will make the game last longer than one year. I think the plan is to have it refresh after that year (so 2020?).

I still think that majority of the gms here agree with me on that this game most likely won't make it to the expansion team without either a restart or just skipping right to the expansion draft
24 août 2018 à 12 h 40
I still think that majority of the gms here agree with me on that this game most likely won't make it to the expansion team without either a restart or just skipping right to the expansion draft

I have a feeling this version will stick around for an extra year, so I suppose I’m not a part of that majority.
24 août 2018 à 12 h 40
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498

Quoting: phillyjabroni

I've wondered what the motivation will be for some GMs/Teams in year 2 of this version.
For those who spend the time & effort now to create a monster team, why would they be motivated to make any deals in the 2nd half of a 2 year game?
If you're team is a powerhouse come April, why wouldn't you just stand pat and roll with it for the 2nd year and stay at the top of the game.
Even accounting for the expansion team, no one should lose more than 1 roster player, and it sounds like most teams are working towards that 1 roster player being of little impact when they lose him.
Before anyone gets upset by anything I've said, I fully understand it's a 2 year concept and I intend to play out the 2 years, I just can't help but think yer 2 could be rather slow moving in terms of player movement.
Conversely, perhaps the expansion team should have been drafted at the start of v3 even if it sat for the 1st year as I understand it was simply a time constraint that pushed it back a year.
24 août 2018 à 13 h 2
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649

It would be unfair to @phillyjabroni IMO if he was told he could be the Quebec GM and then we'd just restart the game ... If this one was planned to go for two years, it should go for two years.
24 août 2018 à 13 h 7
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387

Because we have an actual scoring method set up, a BOG that (now) can handle the big decisions, a Commissioner with a long term vision, and the right GMs that are going to continue to want to improve their teams and their team direction.
24 août 2018 à 22 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 90
Quoting: krakowitz
Because we have an actual scoring method set up, a BOG that (now) can handle the big decisions, a Commissioner with a long term vision, and the right GMs that are going to continue to want to improve their teams and their team direction.

Except Florida. Still no Florida GM yet.
PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
24 août 2018 à 22 h 10
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: wmjoncar
Except Florida. Still no Florida GM yet.

Sticking Out Tonguereach:
24 août 2018 à 22 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Florida will be filled in the upcoming days. It hasn't been a priority yet as the former FLA GM blew through all of FLA's summer trades, so the next GM can't make moves until September. We're just making sure we have the best possible option in charge of FLA.
nobody et krakowitz a aimé ceci.
25 août 2018 à 13 h 24
Black Lives Matter
So it has been said that if there is a trade or signing or whatever in real life it doesn't do anything to the game ... so why will teams lose players who were not signed in real life?
25 août 2018 à 13 h 45
So it has been said that if there is a trade or signing or whatever in real life it doesn't do anything to the game ... so why will teams lose players who were not signed in real life?

You don't have to lose the player. It's optional from what I understand, for those who see no reason in keeping a player with no NHL contract
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
25 août 2018 à 14 h 59
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Quoting: TheCommissioner
ATTENTION PLEASE

The following rule change has been voted on and passed by myself and the BOG

Any UFA who was signed in-game but not in real life by September 15 can be released back in free agency, but if that player signs in real life after September 15, the original signing team in-game has first dibs at signing the player to the in real life contract

Thanks,

The BOG and the Commish

In response to your post in the News thread, does this rule change also apply to RFAs who were signed "in game" but have still not signed IRL and are now listed as "unsigned" making them a UFA.
Would they also fall under the new rule of teams being allowed to remove them from their in game rosters as of Sept 15th.

My specific example is based on Nick Shore for reference purposes.
25 août 2018 à 15 h 19
Quoting: flamesfan419
In response to your post in the News thread, does this rule change also apply to RFAs who were signed "in game" but have still not signed IRL and are now listed as "unsigned" making them a UFA.
Would they also fall under the new rule of teams being allowed to remove them from their in game rosters as of Sept 15th.

My specific example is based on Nick Shore for reference purposes.

Yes. Any RFAs that were not given qualifying offers and were not signed by any team are allowed to be released back into the UFA pool.
25 août 2018 à 16 h 16
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Yes. Any RFAs that were not given qualifying offers and were not signed by any team are allowed to be released back into the UFA pool.

But why would a team have signed someone just to get rid of them?
25 août 2018 à 16 h 27
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
But why would a team have signed someone just to get rid of them?

Because we did our free agency period before the IRL one, meaning some players that were signed in our FA period didn't sign IRL.
25 août 2018 à 19 h 8
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TMLSage
Because we did our free agency period before the IRL one, meaning some players that were signed in our FA period didn't sign IRL.

Yes, but why would you sign a player and then get rid of him for nothing right away.
25 août 2018 à 19 h 25
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Yes, but why would you sign a player and then get rid of him for nothing right away.

opens up a contract spot and a lot of money potentially... like the Hickey signing was 5M, so if he doesn't sign then that saves a team 5M
25 août 2018 à 19 h 37

RAIF, if you signed Rick Nash to a 1 year deal worth 4M, and he retires, wouldn't you want to remove him from your team?
nobody et Daryl a aimé ceci.
25 août 2018 à 19 h 38
RAIF, if you signed Rick Nash to a 1 year deal worth 4M, and he retires, wouldn't you want to remove him from your team?

Someone should probably make the new Florida manager aware of this...
25 août 2018 à 19 h 55
Quoting: MrBooth
Someone should probably make the new Florida manager aware of this...

We will once the new GM is announced.
25 août 2018 à 19 h 59
Black Lives Matter

Oh, so they don't count on the team's stats?
25 août 2018 à 22 h 25
Oh, so they don't count on the team's stats?

How do you count a players' stats when they don't play in the NHL?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage