SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

29 juill. 2018 à 3 h 12
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: TheCommissioner
Yes, this will be rectified, don't worry. We appreciate the concern and I personally promise stuff like this will not happen in the future.

The problem i have with 3-ways is that they seem to only count as 1 trade for each team. But if one of the teams is making multiple trades in the 3-way trade, it should count as multiple trades. Someone could acquire two different players each form a different team and have it count as only 1 trade.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2018 à 1 h 35
Black Lives Matter
Do i need to protect Boychuk in the expansion draft next year?
30 juill. 2018 à 13 h 56
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Do i need to protect Boychuk in the expansion draft next year?

Yessir
30 juill. 2018 à 14 h 26
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Yessir

Okay, someone told me i didn't. Thanks for letting me know.
30 juill. 2018 à 14 h 55
Emotionally in 2018
Okay, someone told me i didn't. Thanks for letting me know.

Same protection rules as the Vegas expansion draft, meaning all NMC clauses must be protected.
30 juill. 2018 à 15 h 3
CHABOTISOURSAVIOR
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 579
Same protection rules as the Vegas expansion draft, meaning all NMC clauses must be protected.

But Boychuk's Clause becomes a M-NTC in 2019-2020 which is why RAIF was asking I think.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2018 à 15 h 5
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: HotsamBatcho
But Boychuk's Clause becomes a M-NTC in 2019-2020 which is why RAIF was asking I think.

Ohhhhh. We’ll have to discuss this. Can’t give any concrete information if that’s the case.
30 juill. 2018 à 15 h 36
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Ohhhhh. We’ll have to discuss this. Can’t give any concrete information if that’s the case.

Boychuck is not immune to expansion and must be protected. Because the expansion draft will be done at the end of 2018-19 season.

Just my thought.
30 juill. 2018 à 20 h 59
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,259
Quoting: TMLSage
Boychuck is not immune to expansion and must be protected. Because the expansion draft will be done at the end of 2018-19 season.

Just my thought.

It would make sense because Vegas used 2016 2017 contracts
30 juill. 2018 à 21 h 44
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: GronkNation
It would make sense because Vegas used 2016 2017 contracts

But are these expansion rules the same?
30 juill. 2018 à 21 h 50
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,259

I would assume so, since they worked well...
30 juill. 2018 à 23 h 39
GM - Canucks
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218

We are using the Vegas expansion rules in our game.
1 août 2018 à 17 h 20
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Alright, so I was able to run the numbers for Tampa Bay in a little bit longer than an episode of The Office. There are some things that I found to be unnecessary and not worthwhile to including. Those where the following:

Hits and Penalty Differential.

The reasoning for dropping these (10%) is because hits aren't really valuable to a team or an indicator of an individual's ability. Penalty differential would be fine, however, I find it too time consuming to track and the other two options I feel are better indicators of individual play:

GSAA and xSV%. These two stats are some of the best indicators for goaltenders and are better suited for our game.

I have all the data on a sheet of paper that I can DM one or all of you later tonight, along with an explanation with my breakdowns and different wording on how GMs should track this. I can also report that it will take less than 1/2 hour to track, as long as GMs properly have a coded sheet to adjust the numbers, as well as few carry over mistakes.

Please Dm me if you have any further questions. You can expect the report later tonight.

Thanks,
phillyjabroni

This is a follow-up post on this and my suggestion for the BOEG to utilize these objective rankings. I also strongly suggest that the BOEG take a poll of all GMs for this to make sure that they agree with the duties associated with this task. Here is a link to my outline of the objective ranking system : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPThwjPTWWbPvTX8UGIWB_gTx7glaDN5hO861yFofvk/edit?usp=sharing

GM Game v3 - Winning the Game Explained

The rankings of the GM Game are determined based on points award to teams based on how well they do on a weighted scale of statistics. At the end of every month, GMs report their data to the BOEG and are awarded points based on how well they do. For example, if Tampa Bay the third best total out of all other teams, they are awarded 29 points for that month (the ranked points are inverted). If the New Jersey Devils are thirty-first out of all teams, they are awarded 1 point for that month.

The top eight teams in each conference with the most ranked points at the end of the season make the playoffs, and the fifteen remaining teams are entered into The Draft Lottery, with the team with the fewest ranked points having the best odds for the first overall selection.

Even Strength Points (EV Points) - 25 Percent
This is all the Even Strength (EV) points that your team scores in a month. To find your total, you need to go to Corisca, and search your desired player and select “EV” for your “Game State”. This total will account for ¼ of the total points that goes towards your rank. If you team scores 108 EV Points in a month, the amount that goes towards your final total is 27.

Power Play Points (PP Points) - 15 Percent

This is all your Power Play (PP) points that your teams scores in a month. To find your total, you go to the same website and search your desired player and select “PP” for your “Game State”. This total will account for fifteen percent of the total points that goes towards your rank. If your team scores 34 PP Points in a month, the amount that goes towards your total is 5.1.

Penalty Kill Points (PK Points) - 10 Percent
This is all your Penalty Kill (PK) points that your teams scores in a month. To find your toal, you go to the same website and search your desired player and select “PK” for your “Game State”. This total will account for ten percent of the total points that goes towards your rank. If your team scores 8 PK Points in a month, the amount that goes towards your total is 0.8.

Average Corsi For Percentage (CF%) - 10 Percent
This is all your total CF% divided by the number of players used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “5v5” for your “Game State”. After you total your percentages, divide that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 2267 and you used 18 players on your team, your new number is 125.94. Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 12.594.

Average Expected Goals For Percentage (xGF%) - 10 Percent
This is all your total xGF% divided by the number of players used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “5v5” for your “Game State”. After you total your percentages, divide that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 1896 and you used 18 players on your team, your new number is 105.33. Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 10.533.

Average Save Percentage (SV%) - 10 Percent
This is your total SV% divided by the number of goaltenders that are used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “Any” for your “Game State”. After you total your percentages, divide that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 1.822 and you have two goaltenders that make up that number, your new number is 0.911. Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 0.091.

Average High Danger Save Percentage (HDSV%) - 5 Percent

This is your total HDSV% divided by the number of goaltenders that are used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “Any” for your “Game State”. After you total your percentages, divide that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 1.454 and you have two goaltenders that make up that number, your new number is 0.727. Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 0.036.

Average Expected Save Percentage (xSV%) - 5 Percent
This is your total xSV% divided by the number of goaltenders that are used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “Any” for your “Game State”. After you total your percentages, divide that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 1.875 and you have two goaltenders that make up that number, your new number is 0.937. Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 0.048.

Average Goals Saved Against Average (GSAA) - 5 Percent
This is your total GSAA divided by the number of goaltenders that are used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “Any” for your “Game State”. After you total your GSAA, divide that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 12 and you have two goaltenders that make up that number, your new number is 6.Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 0.4.

Average Goals Against Average (GAA) - 5 Percent
This is your total GAA divided by the number of goaltenders that are used to determine that number. To find your total, go to the same website and search for your desired players and select “Any” for your “Game State”. After you total your GAA, divided that number by the amount of players on your team. If your total is 4.75 and you have two goaltenders that make up that number, your new number is 2.375. Using your new number, you apply the weight and the amount that goes towards your total is 0.118.

Total : 56.7 Points

At the end of the month, this team was ranked 30th in the league, resulting in them receiving 2 ranked points. The ranked points are what goes towards the standings. If this same team is ranked 19th next month, they have a total of 16 ranked points.

Reminders
GMs need to make sure that they use the correct dates and game state when recording data.
The Average CF% and Average xGF% use 5v5; all other impacts use “Any”
Data needs to be submitted to the BOEG at the end of every month, adjusted so that they can track it

I will also post the link in the Twitter Group Chat. Any questions, please reach out to me.
HotsamBatcho et LicMysak a aimé ceci.
1 août 2018 à 18 h 42
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
This is all great, BUT, how do you measure any of these stats for players in game are full time AHL players?
Corsica only shows stats for guys who have played NHL level games.
So for teams who have AHL players or below level players, where do you get those stats to include in a teams ranking?
Also, there's a lot of guys who light it up in the minors, but fail to score at the same pace when called up, so those would be unrealistic stats when included into the NHL team.

Just looking at my own "in game" team, I could have as many as 6 players who will be in the minors but I have them placed on my NHL roster.
I'm a shoe-in for the lottery.
1 août 2018 à 20 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Quoting: flamesfan419
This is all great, BUT, how do you measure any of these stats for players in game are full time AHL players?
So for teams who have AHL players or below level players, where do you get those stats to include in a teams ranking?
Also, there's a lot of guys who light it up in the minors, but fail to score at the same pace when called up, so those would be unrealistic stats when included into the NHL team.

Just looking at my own "in game" team, I could have as many as 6 players who will be in the minors but I have them placed on my NHL roster.

Most of my NHL roster has never cracked 40 points... if anyone is getting Jack Hughes it's me... take a number Brett Sticking Out Tongue
1 août 2018 à 20 h 44
Quoting: flamesfan419

If your roster has AHL players in the lineup, then you are SOL. Let's just say that we still used subjective rankings for determining the order. If a team has a full-time AHL bottom-six, then they would still be in the lottery because their team doesn't hold NHL players. The whole point of the game is to have NHL players on an NHL team...whether we rank based on subjectivity or objectivity, your team would still be a "shoe-in" for the lottery, as you put it.

As of right now, there is no inclusion of full-time AHL players for determining how well a team does in the NHL. That would be somewhat silly, seeing as how they are in the AHL, not the NHL. The only thing I can suggest is using a very reduced percentage that goes towards AHL players by their Primary Points in that given time frame. Other than that, they would not be included in our NHL Lineup.

Any sort of ranking system that involves a weight of AHL players will have very slight impact on their overall team, seeing as how their percentage would be abysmal relative to the NHL players. This would be the same for subjective, objective, NHL-Sim, or even if the HERO Lineup Model was updated and working, in terms of the overall rank of a team.
1 août 2018 à 21 h 43
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Quoting: jmac490
Most of my NHL roster has never cracked 40 points... if anyone is getting Jack Hughes it's me... take a number Brett Sticking Out Tongue

Friendly competition smile
But as anyone who knows me from v2, you'll know that I'm less concerned with "who" is in the draft.
There was only one player I even wanted from our last draft, and I did everything I could to try and get a pick high enough to make it happen....but I failed.
So if you want Jack Hughes, there's little chance I'll stand in the way of that, besides, you're already stockpiling picks for the draft, so I'm sure you're chances will be right up there.

As for taking a number....I'll take Number 1 smile
jmac490 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2018 à 12 h 3
Any update on the way that teams will be ranked for the game?
4 août 2018 à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Any update on the way that teams will be ranked for the game?

We appreciate the work you did for your idea on how teams will be ranked. We're considering it, however it would be quite a bit of work for everybody to do and it's not guaranteed that everyone would be able or willing to do that work. We may attempt to simplify it significantly because we don't feel as though making an intricate ranking system is worth the time or effort.
KSIxSKULLS et Daryl a aimé ceci.
4 août 2018 à 17 h 0
Quoting: TheCommissioner
We appreciate the work you did for your idea on how teams will be ranked. We're considering it, however it would be quite a bit of work for everybody to do and it's not guaranteed that everyone would be able or willing to do that work. We may attempt to simplify it significantly because we don't feel as though making an intricate ranking system is worth the time or effort.

I refer back to the suggestion that we get a poll going for GMs to see how much work they are willing to do for this. This current model, let's call it Mint, is the most complex one currently. Here is what I would call the middle model, or Apollo.

EV Points : 30%
Speical Team Points : 15%
CF% : 10%
xGF% : 10%
SV% : 15%
xSV% : 10%
GSAA : 10%

And then here is the lowest level model, or Atlas.

CF% : 20%
SV% : 20%

This basically comes down to how much work GMs are willing to put in and to what degree they want to rankings to be most accurate. Setting up a manual poll - ones where GMs have to list what they select and not just click a button - is my suggestion, as it as worked in the past well and better than the clicking.
LicMysak a aimé ceci.
4 août 2018 à 18 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 987
I refer back to the suggestion that we get a poll going for GMs to see how much work they are willing to do for this. This current model, let's call it Mint, is the most complex one currently. Here is what I would call the middle model, or Apollo.

EV Points : 30%
Speical Team Points : 15%
CF% : 10%
xGF% : 10%
SV% : 15%
xSV% : 10%

And then here is the lowest level model, or Atlas.

CF% : 20%
SV% : 20%

This basically comes down to how much work GMs are willing to put in and to what degree they want to rankings to be most accurate. Setting up a manual poll - ones where GMs have to list what they select and not just click a button - is my suggestion, as it as worked in the past well and better than the clicking.

I don't speak for everybody, but personally I'd prefer a rating system that isnt extremely advanced or one that requires me to put in an insane amount of extra work.

When I first joined the game a year and a bit ago I didnt sign up to have to learn a bunch of fancy "advanced stats," I joined because I wanted to join what is essentially "Be A GM" but with real people.

If I have to do all extra work I'll do it as to not screw over everybody else. But Ill do it begrudgingly
KSIxSKULLS, Daryl et Bo53Horvat a aimé ceci.
4 août 2018 à 18 h 49
WentWughes
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: Max
I don't speak for everybody, but personally I'd prefer a rating system that isnt extremely advanced or one that requires me to put in an insane amount of extra work.

When I first joined the game a year and a bit ago I didnt sign up to have to learn a bunch of fancy "advanced stats," I joined because I wanted to join what is essentially "Be A GM" but with real people.

If I have to do all extra work I'll do it as to not screw over everybody else. But Ill do it begrudgingly

I was gonna comment I have 0 interested in doing this but I will let Max smile
4 août 2018 à 18 h 55
Quoting: Max

The game has sort of evolved to the point that we need to have some sort of objective way for there to be a ranking system of each team, mainly for the purpose of the Lottery and the playoffs. Since inception of the game, it's gone from "hey just do whatever you want" to "here is an outline of how sophisticated this game is". This isn't designed to sway you from your position - it's an understandable position. Rather, this is meant to sort of show that the game isn't really a "interact with GMs and make trades for fun" type anymore.

As I sort of mentioned, there are three different breakdowns for determining ranking placement. The most complex will yield the most accurate return. The least complex will yield the least accurate return. It really comes down to how much work GMs want to put in and how accurate they want the rankings to be. For reference, it took me about 1/2 hour to complete the Tampa Bay Lightening (Bolts' team) with the most complex breakdown.*

*doesn't reflect having to code the adjusted numbers
Max a aimé ceci.
4 août 2018 à 19 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 987
The game has sort of evolved to the point that we need to have some sort of objective way for there to be a ranking system of each team, mainly for the purpose of the Lottery and the playoffs. Since inception of the game, it's gone from "hey just do whatever you want" to "here is an outline of how sophisticated this game is". This isn't designed to sway you from your position - it's an understandable position. Rather, this is meant to sort of show that the game isn't really a "interact with GMs and make trades for fun" type anymore.

As I sort of mentioned, there are three different breakdowns for determining ranking placement. The most complex will yield the most accurate return. The least complex will yield the least accurate return. It really comes down to how much work GMs want to put in and how accurate they want the rankings to be. For reference, it took me about 1/2 hour to complete the Tampa Bay Lightening (Bolts' team) with the most complex breakdown.*

*doesn't reflect having to code the adjusted numbers

I 100% agree we need a set way to value the teams so that when playoffs/lottery comes up we aren't arguing amongst ourselves amd up with a 31-way tie for first.

But my point is some people(myself included) may not have the time/knowledge/will to not only put together all the pieces of your idea but also learn how to read the different stats
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
4 août 2018 à 21 h 0
Black Lives Matter
Any update on Boychuk and the expansion draft?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage