SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

19 juill. 2018 à 15 h 14
CHABOTISOURSAVIOR
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 579
Quoting: jmac490
I saw... thanks though. Cost to move Lundqvist is a 1st... I'm not willing to do that.

Oh ok just checking.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 11
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Once you guys figure out the rules, can you send me a dm on twitter on how we proceed.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 14
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Once you guys figure out the rules, can you send me a dm on twitter on how we proceed.

Please tell us what item(s) int he rules you think we haven't figured out.
No sense arguing if everyone doesn't have the same info.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 17
Quoting: flamesfan419
Please tell us what item(s) int he rules you think we haven't figured out.
No sense arguing if everyone doesn't have the same info.

you can revert a trade, you can ask for revisions to said trade... so the BOG has been flip flopping on whether to revert or revise... I'm stuck here confused on whether I should create a plea case to sway the BOG to vote that the trade is fair or whether to just revise the trade
NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 47
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Modifié 19 juill. 2018 à 22 h 3
Firstly, let me get the trade that I came a conclusion rather fast. The Wheeler deal, if looked at by primary analytics strictly, goals, assists and points, are in SJS's favour. However, diving further into analytics, Wheeler's 92 points are inflated by the amount of Power Play Assists he racked up this season, playing on a very elite power play with the likes of Buff, Laine, and Schiefle. Rather than putting up his usual 70-80 points as shown by the previous seasons, his numbers exceeded due to double the amount off PP assists he would make in previous seasons. On the other side of the trade, Hertl and Tierney are primarily Even Strength point producers picking up a large portion of their points on Even Strength which exceeds the even strength of Wheeler combined by roughly 10 points. Adding onto Hertl and Tierney, San Jose are also adding a solid top 4 defenseman prospect in K'Andre Miller as well as 3 high picks including a 2020 1st, tipping the scales way into Winnipeg's favour. In conclusion, the Wheeler trade should and must be revised.
nobody et jmac490 a aimé ceci.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 53
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Firstly, let me get the trade that I came a conclusion rather fast. The Wheeler deal, if looked at by primary analytics strictly, goals, assists and points, are in SJS's favour. However, diving further into analytics, Wheeler's 92 points are inflated by the amount of Power Play Assists he racked up this season, playing on a very elite power play with the likes of Buff, Laine, and Schiefle. Rather than putting up his usual 70-80 points as shown by the previous seasons, his numbers exceeded due to double the amount off PP assists he would make in previous seasons. On the other side of the trade, Hertl and Tierney are primarily Even Strength point producers picking up a large portion of their points on Even Strength which exceeds the even strength of Wheeler combined by roughly 10 points. Adding onto Hertl and Tierney, San Jose are also adding a solid top 4 defenseman prospect in K'Andre Miller as well as 3 high picks including a 2020 1st, tipping the scales way into Winnipeg's favour. In conclusion, the Wheeler trade should and must berevised.

Oh that one was easy...
As was the Laine one in my opinion...

But the Kravtsov one still has me scratching my head.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Oh that one was easy...

We will be doing a final vote within the BOG and the results should hopefully be ready for tonight. Then will come the explanation phase followed by another vote and then if we vote to revise for the second time, there will be a 7 day window for the parties involved to fix the trade for approval.
19 juill. 2018 à 17 h 55
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Oh that one was easy...

You took a 2nd round pick + a 5th rounder who as Nick (Philly fan) says is probably worth a 3rd.

For a top 10 pick IRL.
19 juill. 2018 à 18 h 30
Modifié 19 juill. 2018 à 21 h 16
The Laine deal has a lot of major pieces in it, so I've broken it down into separate trades for simplicity and to make it easier to analyze.

Dustin Byfuglien for Dougie Hamilton
Laine for DeBrincat
Perreault for Bjugstad
Vesalainen for Zacha, O'Regan and a 5th

Firstly, Byfuglien for Hamilton is in Winnipeg's favor. Both put up similar numbers production, but most of Hamilton's production is from even strength while Byfuglien's production is virtually 50/50. When it comes to play driving however, Hamilton's numbers are much more superior than Byfuglien. Both are without a doubt, elite, but Hamilton's ability to suppress shots AND have very good offensive play is one of the best in the league. Even though he played most of his minutes with one of the top defenseman in the league, Giordano, his numbers are not fudged as he has been putting up great possession and play driving numbers since his breakout season in Boston.

Laine is without a doubt, one of the best snipers in the league, but DeBrincat in value right now, ignoring potential and ceiling, has put up numbers in his rookie season that are definitely in contention with Laine. For starters, Laine has 31 out of 70 of his points from PP, totaling his even strength production at 39. DeBrincat has only 12 out of his 52 points on the power play, leaving his total amount of even strength points at 40. DeBrincat has also been able to drive play in his first season, something Laine hasn't even done close to in comparison to DeBrincat. However, Laine's ceiling of being a top 10 player in the league does trump DeBrincat's play driving ability, it does not exceed DeBrincat's potential of being an elite play driver while having 1st line production by that much IMO. Which brings me back to the Byfuglien and Hamilton deal. It could be said, Hamilton and DeBrincat vs Byfuglien and Laine on it's own would be a fair deal that would leave many GMs split on who won the trade.

A Bjugstad and Perreault swap is intriguing to say the least. Perreault is an elite play driver, up in the category of Nino Niederreiter elite. However, Bjugstad has had a very good bounceback season after an injury riddled year putting up very good numbers. Perreault without a doubt is the better player, but Bjugstad is just entering his prime and has finally gone a year without a major injuries and has been a very good support player for the Panthers. This deal is around fair considering the age gap, and the fact that Bjugstad is just hitting his prime while Perreault is approaching the wrong side of 30.

This leads me to the final component of the deal. Vesalainen for Zacha, O'Regan and a 5th. The 5th doesn't hold much value as picks this low don't usually develop into a major, game changing piece. O'Regan is very likely a 4th liner if he can stick to the NHL. Zacha hasn't lived up to his potential so far after being picked early in the 1st round and is looking to be a 3rd line forward or maybe a fringe 2nd liner max. Vesalainen on the other hand, has the potential to be a top 6 forward, the only piece in this component of the deal that will likely do so. This is the part of the deal that would slant this blockbuster into Buffalo's favour. However, I don't think it should even being in revised consideration as all other areas of the deal are fairly even.
nobody, Bo53Horvat, Gronk and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2018 à 16 h 56
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880
I was wondering if I could get some clarification as to how our teams get ranked. The Rule Doc says the following:
Quoting: Rule Doc
Standings will be updated every 1-2 weeks. They will be kept track of by summing up a running total of a team’s “points” of each healthy player on the roster weighted in the following statistical categories:
25% Total Player Even Strength Points
15% Total Player Power Play Points
10% Total Player Shorthanded Points
10% Team Average CF percentage
10% Team Average xGF percentage
10% Total combined Goalie sv%
5% Total combined Goalie HDSV%
5% Total combined Goalie GAA
5% Total Player Hits
5% Team Average Penalty Differential

Could I just get a breakdown of how this all works? When it says total player, I assume that that means "Team", right? If you can get an example of how this would be scored with an NHL team (i.e IRL Tampa Bay), that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
23 juill. 2018 à 17 h 52
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I was wondering if I could get some clarification as to how our teams get ranked. The Rule Doc says the following:

Could I just get a breakdown of how this all works? When it says total player, I assume that that means "Team", right? If you can get an example of how this would be scored with an NHL team (i.e IRL Tampa Bay), that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is so funny, because I thought you'd be the person who could explain it to me. When you brought this up in chat a while back, I just assumed it was something you created back in v2.
I'll be completely honest, I have no clue at all how this rating system works, and I don't know who even came up with it.

It's honestly going to be a nightmare to keep track of, and I'm wondering who has the time to track every player on every team in our game.
23 juill. 2018 à 18 h 58
This is so funny, because I thought you'd be the person who could explain it to me. When you brought this up in chat a while back, I just assumed it was something you created back in v2.
I'll be completely honest, I have no clue at all how this rating system works, and I don't know who even came up with it.

It's honestly going to be a nightmare to keep track of, and I'm wondering who has the time to track every player on every team in our game.

No, this was created at the start of v3 to have some way of having objective ratings. I'll reach out to Matt to see how he envisioned it to be worked, as it is worded in a way that makes it appear to be of a confusing nature.

I think that the timeline can be pushed back to maybe a month, as one to two weeks is a hard thing to keep track of. Or it could be at the midterm of the year and then again at the trade deadline for GMs to have an understanding to where they are ranked.

I'll get back to see how it is designed to be calculated.
flamesfan419 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2018 à 21 h 38
No, this was created at the start of v3 to have some way of having objective ratings. I'll reach out to Matt to see how he envisioned it to be worked, as it is worded in a way that makes it appear to be of a confusing nature.

I think that the timeline can be pushed back to maybe a month, as one to two weeks is a hard thing to keep track of. Or it could be at the midterm of the year and then again at the trade deadline for GMs to have an understanding to where they are ranked.

I'll get back to see how it is designed to be calculated.

Alright so I talked to Matt and this is how it works:

25% : Total Players Even Strength Points (this is the ES points that the team puts up in a given time - 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.)
15% : Total Players PowerPlay Points (this is the PP points that a team puts up in a given time - 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.)
10% : Total Players Short Handed Points (this is the SH points a team up ups in a given time - 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.)
10% : Team Average Corsi For % (CF%) - (this is the total of a team's CF% divided by the players used to determine)
10% : Team Average Expected Goals For % (xGF%) - (this is the total of a team's xGF% divided by the players used to determine)
10% : Total Combined Goalie SV% (this is the total of the SV% of all goalies in a given time)
5% : Total Combined Goalie High Danger SV% (HDSV%) - (this is the total of the HDSV% of all goalies in a given time)
5% : Total Players Hits - (this is the total of all hits of players in a given time)
5% : Team Average Penalty Differential (this is the total of a team's penalty differential divided by the players used to determine - not absolute values)

The teams are then ranked 1-31 with inverse point totals. For example, if a team has a weighed value (those above figures are the weighed value), is ranked 1st out of the league, they get 31 points. Those 31 points are what are used to determine rankings. At the end of the year, those periodic ranked totals are aggregated and are used to determine final rankings.

My recommendation is that, because this is a hard workload for the BOEG to track, that each GM tracks their own stats and then submit those weighed numbers to the BOEG (not just total points, but actual values). In order for this to go smoothly, the BOEG should send out some sort of poll to see how often GMs want updates (2 weeks or 1 month) since they will be responsible for submitted those numbers. If a team fails to submit them, they loose a pick or something.

Let me know if you have any questions.
23 juill. 2018 à 21 h 48

25% : Total Players Even Strength Points (this is the ES points that the team puts up in a given time - 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.)
15% : Total Players PowerPlay Points (this is the PP points that a team puts up in a given time - 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.)
10% : Total Players Short Handed Points (this is the SH points a team up ups in a given time - 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.)
10% : Team Average Corsi For % (CF%) - (this is the total of a team's CF% divided by the players used to determine)
10% : Team Average Expected Goals For % (xGF%) - (this is the total of a team's xGF% divided by the players used to determine)
10% : Total Combined Goalie SV% (this is the total of the SV% of all goalies in a given time)
5% : Total Combined Goalie High Danger SV% (HDSV%) - (this is the total of the HDSV% of all goalies in a given time)
5% : Total Players Hits - (this is the total of all hits of players in a given time)
5% : Team Average Penalty Differential (this is the total of a team's penalty differential divided by the players used to determine - not absolute values)

The teams are then ranked 1-31 with inverse point totals. For example, if a team has a weighed value (those above figures are the weighed value), is ranked 1st out of the league, they get 31 points. Those 31 points are what are used to determine rankings. At the end of the year, those periodic ranked totals are aggregated and are used to determine final rankings.

My recommendation is that, because this is a hard workload for the BOEG to track, that each GM tracks their own stats and then submit those weighed numbers to the BOEG (not just total points, but actual values). In order for this to go smoothly, the BOEG should send out some sort of poll to see how often GMs want updates (2 weeks or 1 month) since they will be responsible for submitted those numbers. If a team fails to submit them, they loose a pick or something.

You're missing 5%... all the percentages only add to 95
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2018 à 22 h 36
You're missing 5%... all the percentages only add to 95

Good looks. 5% for Total Combined Goalie GAA (total of GAA of all goalies in a given time)
jmac490 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2018 à 23 h 14
Modifié 24 juill. 2018 à 0 h 23
Why is all goalie stuff combined worth the same as PP?
24 juill. 2018 à 0 h 6
I'm going to come to the defence of Math here... After Booth posted how he could better himself as a GM, I have seen an improvement in Math's overall behaviour. We as a whole, need to be less sensitive when it comes to Math and his evaluation of trades, as like every good GM, they want their teams to get better. Math is an intelligent GM, that wants the best, but sometimes doesn't want to give up the assets to get the best. But that can be said about a few GMs. Or even GMs that are so good at persuading people that players that are injured or are retiring, can be sold at a premium. I'm guilty of this, many trades in the trade thread are guilty of this...

This constant attack of our french GMs needs to stop... The language barrier is hard enough as is, this game is supposed to bring people together, but as of late has torn a lot of us apart. We've lost good GMs like Marco and although he could be seen as a little annoying, PL as well. But I really miss these guys in our game... really hate to see another Frenchie be kicked out of this game.
TMLSage et Max a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2018 à 8 h 2
CFGM Game Moderator

Since no one else will, I will come out and say it. And this is NOT directed AT you Nick, it's directed at the process.

This is horrible.

Are we really to expect 31 GMs to track EVERY game in the NHL every night and log each of their players stats broken down by different metrics.
Then have 31 GMs sign up for some kind of website where they can find the values for xGF etc??

That's a crap-ton of work if you have a team that has players from many different teams throughout the real NHL.I don't see this working, as we're expecting everyone to fully comprehend the various factors and come up with a true value. So when GMs start calculating the numbers wrong it'll just be a crap show.
24 juill. 2018 à 8 h 7
Since no one else will, I will come out and say it. And this is NOT directed AT you Nick, it's directed at the process.

This is horrible.

Are we really to expect 31 GMs to track EVERY game in the NHL every night and log each of their players stats broken down by different metrics.
Then have 31 GMs sign up for some kind of website where they can find the values for xGF etc??

That's a crap-ton of work if you have a team that has players from many different teams throughout the real NHL.I don't see this working, as we're expecting everyone to fully comprehend the various factors and come up with a true value. So when GMs start calculating the numbers wrong it'll just be a crap show.

No it wouldn't be every night haha. It would be a monthly checkup. The way this works is that GMs go to Corisca (http://corsica.hockey/) and look up their desired numbers, and then add them up at the end of the month. It wouldn't take more than a 1/2 hour.

It would work pretty easily imo. All GMs have to do is keep a spreadsheet of their players and then go to Corsica to confirm the data.
HotsamBatcho et nobody a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2018 à 8 h 13
No it wouldn't be every night haha. It would be a monthly checkup. The way this works is that GMs go to Corisca (http://corsica.hockey/) and look up their desired numbers, and then add them up at the end of the month. It wouldn't take more than a 1/2 hour.

It would work pretty easily imo. All GMs have to do is keep a spreadsheet of their players and then go to Corsica to confirm the data.

I could probably do a walkthrough tutorial on how to maneuver the website very easily. And I would probably be able to help some teams with data. My suggestion is that the BOEG just pulls six or so (one for each BOEG) random teams and just check that all their numbers pan out.
24 juill. 2018 à 10 h 53
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Modifié 24 juill. 2018 à 11 h 30
I'm going to come to the defence of Math here... After Booth posted how he could better himself as a GM, I have seen an improvement in Math's overall behaviour. We as a whole, need to be less sensitive when it comes to Math and his evaluation of trades, as like every good GM, they want their teams to get better. Math is an intelligent GM, that wants the best, but sometimes doesn't want to give up the assets to get the best. But that can be said about a few GMs. Or even GMs that are so good at persuading people that players that are injured or are retiring, can be sold at a premium. I'm guilty of this, many trades in the trade thread are guilty of this...

This constant attack of our french GMs needs to stop... The language barrier is hard enough as is, this game is supposed to bring people together, but as of late has torn a lot of us apart. We've lost good GMs like Marco and although he could be seen as a little annoying, PL as well. But I really miss these guys in our game... really hate to see another Frenchie be kicked out of this game.

And just so it’s clear. My post in page #36 of the Nashville thread was not meant to be offensive. I just thought I could provide Math with some help in his negotiating as there was anger within the league regarding it.

I have seen an improvement in his negotiating, his offers - debatable. What I can say is that offering Trevor Lewis for Ryan Johansson is not the solution to this (sorry to use you as the example Gronk)
Max, HotsamBatcho, Gronk and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2018 à 12 h 33
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
Quoting: MrBooth
And just so it’s clear. My post in page #36 of the Nashville thread was not meant to be offensive. I just thought I could provide Math with some help in his negotiating as there was anger within the league regarding it.

I have seen an improvement in his negotiating, his offers - debatable. What I can say is that offering Trevor Lewis for Ryan Johansson is not the solution to this (sorry to use you as the example Gronk)

Its ok, and it was Trevor Lewis+, get it right.
24 juill. 2018 à 16 h 59
Alright, so I was able to run the numbers for Tampa Bay in a little bit longer than an episode of The Office. There are some things that I found to be unnecessary and not worthwhile to including. Those where the following:

Hits and Penalty Differential.

The reasoning for dropping these (10%) is because hits aren't really valuable to a team or an indicator of an individual's ability. Penalty differential would be fine, however, I find it too time consuming to track and the other two options I feel are better indicators of individual play:

GSAA and xSV%. These two stats are some of the best indicators for goaltenders and are better suited for our game.

I have all the data on a sheet of paper that I can DM one or all of you later tonight, along with an explanation with my breakdowns and different wording on how GMs should track this. I can also report that it will take less than 1/2 hour to track, as long as GMs properly have a coded sheet to adjust the numbers, as well as few carry over mistakes.

Please Dm me if you have any further questions. You can expect the report later tonight.

Thanks,
phillyjabroni
HotsamBatcho a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2018 à 2 h 37
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Mentions "j'aime": 653
I have a huge issue with the "three-way" trade that was just made between Minnesota, Colorado and I believe Washington.

First of all just the idea that you can post half of a three-way and then continue to negotiate the other half before posting it over a week later is utterly ridiculous and needs to be against the rules.

But there are two things that make thi situation even worse in my opinion. First is the fact that Minnesota acquired Justin Faulk from Colorado in the second half of the deal, but he Colorado didn't have him when the first half of the three-way was posted.

And finally the thing that I find to be the most ridiculous is that the original "half of the three-way" didn't even mention anywhere that it was part of a three-way that had not been fully negotiated.

The BOG needs to fix this ridiculous situation immediately and change the rules so that this does not happen in the future.
krakowitz et nobody a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2018 à 2 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Quoting: TonyStrecher
I have a huge issue with the "three-way" trade that was just made between Minnesota, Colorado and I believe Washington.

First of all just the idea that you can post half of a three-way and then continue to negotiate the other half before posting it over a week later is utterly ridiculous and needs to be against the rules.

But there are two things that make thi situation even worse in my opinion. First is the fact that Minnesota acquired Justin Faulk from Colorado in the second half of the deal, but he Colorado didn't have him when the first half of the three-way was posted.

And finally the thing that I find to be the most ridiculous is that the original "half of the three-way" didn't even mention anywhere that it was part of a three-way that had not been fully negotiated.

The BOG needs to fix this ridiculous situation immediately and change the rules so that this does not happen in the future.

Yes, this will be rectified, don't worry. We appreciate the concern and I personally promise stuff like this will not happen in the future.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage