SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

26 mars 2019 à 13 h 2
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,254
@rangersandislesfan I didn't want to quote that again but I found your idea very well written.rock on
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
26 mars 2019 à 16 h 15
Not yet trannycided
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Quoting: A_K
We are definitely going to do some version of what you're proposing on the signing limits by term... it will probably be more subjective, with the BOG assigning a range of AAV/term restrictions for each player. (ex. Zdeno Chara - 2 yrs max, Carter Rowney - 3 yrs max, etc.). We don't want to decide everything with salaries, etc. but we have to cut down on excessive term that is only added to ensure a winning bid.

As for "hometown advantage", it's a solid idea - we'll discuss to see what best fits the concept.

In v1, the "hometown advantage" was 10%, and the AAV limits were similar to what RAIF is proposing. For 35+ contracts, there was a bit more leeway with the $$ (but still a maximum of three years). I'd be cool with reverting to v1-style rules.

In v1, teams who held player rights also had the option to match winning bids.
26 mars 2019 à 16 h 36
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: Icegirl
In v1, the "hometown advantage" was 10%, and the AAV limits were similar to what RAIF is proposing. For 35+ contracts, there was a bit more leeway with the $$ (but still a maximum of three years). I'd be cool with reverting to v1-style rules.

In v1, teams who held player rights also had the option to match winning bids.

I like the idea of having the previous being able to match the top offer
Pross, flamesfan419, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
26 mars 2019 à 18 h 20
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: Gronk
I like the idea of having the previous being able to match the top offer

Also in v1, if you won a bid on a player, you were not forced to keep him. If the winner declined the bid, it would go to the 2nd highest bidder, then the 3rd highest, and so on and so forth.
26 mars 2019 à 20 h 59
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: Icegirl
Also in v1, if you won a bid on a player, you were not forced to keep him. If the winner declined the bid, it would go to the 2nd highest bidder, then the 3rd highest, and so on and so forth.

Idk about everyone else but I actually liked that way of doing it in v1. It let teams make offers to more players.
26 mars 2019 à 21 h 6
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Idk about everyone else but I actually liked that way of doing it in v1. It let teams make offers to more players.

Idk, I don`t think being able to offer to every player is realistic.
Daryl et Max a aimé ceci.
26 mars 2019 à 22 h 10
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TMLSage

What if there's a limit to the number of players whom you can offer contracts to?
Max a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2019 à 10 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 987
What if there's a limit to the number of players whom you can offer contracts to?

I like this
27 mars 2019 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 146

There's also the Salary Cap that restricts how much you can spend as well.
TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2019 à 13 h 48
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pross
There's also the Salary Cap that restricts how much you can spend as well.

What he's saying is that if you can back out of a signing and there's no limit to the number of players whom you can offer a contract to, some teams might make offers on way too many players and just end up backing out. I like the idea of being able to back out, but I think there should be a limit.
27 mars 2019 à 14 h 5
GM - Canucks
What he's saying is that if you can back out of a signing and there's no limit to the number of players whom you can offer a contract to, some teams might make offers on way too many players and just end up backing out. I like the idea of being able to back out, but I think there should be a limit.

You should never need to back out, if the way we do free-agency is 2C's per day , 2LW per day , 4D per day.
flamesfan419 et Daryl a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2019 à 14 h 32
Not yet trannycided
You should never need to back out, if the way we do free-agency is 2C's per day , 2LW per day , 4D per day.

The idea is that in v1, you could bid on multiple players in case you missed out on the one you wanted most. It's like, "I need a forward, so I'll bid on Wayne Simmonds as well just in case I miss out on Anders Lee." And as the past UFA session showed, the best players will not always be the first available. Moreover, some teams might prefer a depth player to a star player depending on their situation.
27 mars 2019 à 23 h 42
Black Lives Matter

I like what we did in v1 more. It's also quicker. I don't see a problem with it, because any team can back out. If you had the 2nd highest bid and the highest bidder backed out, you could still back out and give the 3rd highest the chance to take the signing or back out, and then you continue until either someone has signed him, or everyone who made a bid has backed out.

Like Kayla was saying, imagine a team wants to sign Anders Lee, but wants to sign Wayne Simmonds if they can't sign Lee. If they have to choose if they're going to bid on Simmonds before Lee, they might decide not to bid on him and then miss out on Lee and see that they could have beaten the highest bid on Simmonds.
27 mars 2019 à 23 h 58
GM - Canucks
I like what we did in v1 more. It's also quicker. I don't see a problem with it, because any team can back out. If you had the 2nd highest bid and the highest bidder backed out, you could still back out and give the 3rd highest the chance to take the signing or back out, and then you continue until either someone has signed him, or everyone who made a bid has backed out.

Like Kayla was saying, imagine a team wants to sign Anders Lee, but wants to sign Wayne Simmonds if they can't sign Lee. If they have to choose if they're going to bid on Simmonds before Lee, they might decide not to bid on him and then miss out on Lee and see that they could have beaten the highest bid on Simmonds.

But speed isn't an issue when we do UFA period. Since we would just have 4 months of nothing otherwise.
So what if it takes an extra 3-5 days?

I rather have something to do during that time, then nothing.
Gronk a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2019 à 2 h 58
Black Lives Matter
But speed isn't an issue when we do UFA period. Since we would just have 4 months of nothing otherwise.

I still prefer doing it the way we did it in v1 for the other reason Kayla and i mentioned.
28 mars 2019 à 4 h 29
Not yet trannycided

It was actually quite slow. The BOG had to sort out all the bids individually, which dragged the process on. If they'd be cool with doing it this way again, though, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.
28 mars 2019 à 11 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Are we honestly serious about that flag?

Laine and Labanc have had identical seasons.

Sure Laine has the potential to score 70+ in future seasons, so with Labanc's growth, coupled with Fox's potential as a Top Prospect that makes up for the difference in skill no?
28 mars 2019 à 11 h 45
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: jmac490
Are we honestly serious about that flag?

Laine and Labanc have had identical seasons.

Sure Laine has the potential to score 70+ in future seasons, so with Labanc's growth, coupled with Fox's potential as a Top Prospect that makes up for the difference in skill no?

Should've take my ELITE offer
28 mars 2019 à 11 h 54
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820

signed Jeff Finger merchandise doesn't count
Gronk et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2019 à 11 h 56
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
signed Jeff Finger merchandise doesn't count

Oi. No need to show it off
28 mars 2019 à 12 h 33
Black Lives Matter
Just a quick question. Does a player on waivers count toward the 23 man roster limit while he's on waivers?

Example: Seattle has 23 players on the roster. Seattle wants to acquire Bobby Johnson from Houston for a 4th round pick in 2019, but that would put 24 players on their roster. Can they place Connor McDavidson on waivers and make the trade for Bobby Johnson less than 48 hours after placing McDavidson on waivers?
28 mars 2019 à 12 h 40
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
Just a quick question. Does a player on waivers count toward the 23 man roster limit while he's on waivers?

Example: Seattle has 23 players on the roster. Seattle wants to acquire Bobby Johnson from Houston for a 4th round pick in 2019, but that would put 24 players on their roster. Can they place Connor McDavidson on waivers and make the trade for Bobby Johnson less than 48 hours after placing McDavidson on waivers?

On waivers means off the roster because there are only 2 outcomes - he's either going down or getting claimed. Also just as an FYI, we amended the rules so that a team may exceed the 23-man limit to successfully make a claim/trade... Post #6 in Rules Thread: "Teams can make waiver claims if they do not have an open roster spot. You have 48 hours after making a claim to become roster compliant."
28 mars 2019 à 12 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922

That would have been instantly reverted...
Gronk a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2019 à 18 h 7
Black Lives Matter
Just a few questions: First, i can tell my AGM where i'm at with RFA negotiations before they're officially announced, right? Also, do i have to give my list of RFAs i'm qualifying before RFA negotiations start? It doesn't seem like i need to based on what @TonyStrecher said in the News and Important Info thread, but i'm just checking to make sure.
28 mars 2019 à 18 h 11
GM - Canucks
Just a few questions: First, i can tell my AGM where i'm at with RFA negotiations before they're officially announced, right? Also, do i have to give my list of RFAs i'm qualifying before RFA negotiations start? It doesn't seem like i need to based on what @TonyStrecher said in the News and Important Info thread, but i'm just checking to make sure.

No, this is just a pre-RFA window. The main RFA window is later.
So if their is 2 priority signings you want, this is the time.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage