SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

23 mai 2018 à 23 h 12
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
@krakowitz @matt59 @Icegirl @flamesfan419 @Bo53Horvat

So before a decision is made, i thought GMs were supposed to explain why they did the deal? And also, for us to reconstruct the deal, who do you feel this is unfair for?

You explain why you did it after being notified. And the consensus was that the deal was unfair for you. Please explain why you think it's fair for you.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2018 à 23 h 15
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: matt59
You explain why you did it after being notified. And the consensus was that the deal was unfair for you. Please explain why you think it's fair for you.

Robin Lehner struggled a bit this year, but it's only one year, and i feel like he's a starting goalie. Finding a starter was a big team need for us, and as much as Beauvillier had a great year, i don't see him as a future 1st liner. Probably more of a 2nd liner. Our D still kinda needed an upgrade, so getting Beaulieu helps us. And we still have another 2nd this year, as well as some top forwards, so losing Beauvillier (and the 2nd) isn't so bad IMO.
Zach a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2018 à 23 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
I think we should give everyone a friendly reminder that commentary and discussion isn’t what the “Official Trades Thread” is for smile
23 mai 2018 à 23 h 21
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Quoting: MrBooth
I think we should give everyone a friendly reminder that commentary and discussion isn’t what the “Official Trades Thread” is for smile

like you've never done that smile
rangersandislesfan et Zach a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2018 à 23 h 29
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Our D still kinda needed an upgrade, so getting Beaulieu helps us.

No it doesn't.
I offered you a Dman who put up 4x the point total Beaulieu did last season, yet you didn't seem interested in trying to work out a deal.
No matter how I tried to entice discussion, you never countered the original offer I presented.
Had I known you were prepared to move Beauvillier + a 2018 2nd for a Dman upgrade I would have seriously considered it.

So using the argument that your D needed an upgrade, and then seeing who you traded for is NOT an upgrade.
Life is all about "What have you done for me lately", so really look at the production you acquired.
I mean honestly, my bottom 6 Dman had more points than Beaulieu did last season.
23 mai 2018 à 23 h 31
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: MrBooth

Already dealt with...now continue on your quest for 7th rd picks LOL
I swear those things are like Pokemon to you wink
nobody et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2018 à 23 h 33
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222
Quoting: flamesfan419
No it doesn't.
I offered you a Dman who put up 4x the point total Beaulieu did last season, yet you didn't seem interested in trying to work out a deal.
No matter how I tried to entice discussion, you never countered the original offer I presented.
Had I known you were prepared to move Beauvillier + a 2018 2nd for a Dman upgrade I would have seriously considered it.

So using the argument that your D needed an upgrade, and then seeing who you traded for is NOT an upgrade.
Life is all about "What have you done for me lately", so really look at the production you acquired.
I mean honestly, my bottom 6 Dman had more points than Beaulieu did last season.

So someone's just pissed off that they didn't take their offer. SMFH

And people completely forget about Beaulieu's 29 point season in 2016-17
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 13
Hardcore Sabres fan
My side of the Lehner/Beauvillier trade is this

This trade was based on positional needs, I need LW and raif needs a goalie. RAIF likes Beaulieu and sees upside which I also see, he was much better during the 2nd half of 2017-18, he also saw an opportunity to add to his defense. Let's not blow this out of proportion. Beauvillier had 36 points in his sophomore year on a really offensive team that the big downfall was their goalie, it's not like we are talking about a 50 point rookie, he had 36 points in his sophomore year

In the last 3 seasons with Buffalo, Lehner has posted .920 save percentage or better 2 times while playing behind one of the worst defense corps in NHL history. Lehner is an RFA so he can be locked up for years on a decent salary, it's not like RAIF gets one year of Lehner and then he's gone.

RAIF likes the trade, I like the trade, and I've heard 2 people say that there have been a few worse deals than this one already in V3.

This was way overblown
rangersandislesfan et nobody a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 16
Just as my two cents.

If this Lehner deal is being reworked, shouldn't the Tanev deal be as well?
TMLSage et HotsamBatcho a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 19
Hardcore Sabres fan
And I'm sorry if I offended anyone with anything I said tonight, I was already having a rough night and then I seen this.

Didn't mean to hurt any feelings or make anyone think any less of me, I got frustrated and I am sorry.
rangersandislesfan et nobody a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 20
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
Just as my two cents.

Shouldn't you be in bed Sticking Out Tongue

I know it's tough, but please try to hold any outside comments until the situation has been dealt with.
We don't want this to desolve into a screaming match. Let the parties involved have their say first.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 26
Shouldn't you be in bed Sticking Out Tongue

I know it's tough, but please try to hold any outside comments until the situation has been dealt with.
We don't want this to desolve into a screaming match. Let the parties involved have their say first.

Stop publicly shaming me. Go to sleep smh
flamesfan419 a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Just as my two cents.

Why?
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 45
Black Lives Matter
No it doesn't.

Beaulieu is not better than the guy you offered, but he is still a pretty good defenseman. I value Eberle higher than Beauvillier and we got a d-man AND a goalie. We wouldn't have done it if we'd just got Beaulieu and other pieces we didn't need, but we got a goalie and a DEFENSIVE defenseman. It's not all about points.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 46
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Quoting: matt59
Post official trades here in this thread. Both sides must clearly and fully agree to a deal before it can be posted here. Failure to do so will result in the termination of the deal. GMs must have signed off in the rules thread before they can be involved in a trade. Format posts as such:
"
:team receiving logo (ex: CBJ)
Seth Jones

:team receiving logo (ex: NSH)
Ryan Johansen

"

DO NOT POST ANYTHING THAT'S NOT AN OFFICIAL TRADE IN THIS THREAD

Can yall read the BOLDED part or nah?
rangersandislesfan, Zach, nobody and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 47
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap
Can yall read the BOLDED part or nah?

This may be the first time we've agreed on something.
Zach et nobody a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 0 h 56
Black Lives Matter
Wait a second, aren't deals only supposed to be redone if the BOG feels that the deal was not made because both GMs thought it was a good deal? Or was that just in v2? Because we've both explained our reasons, and even if the BOG disagrees, we have good reasons. So is it different in v3 than it was in v2?
24 mai 2018 à 1 h 2
Black Lives Matter
I'll just add one more thing: Zach has already got 3 likes on his post with the trade (plus mine, that is). Now i'll leave the rest up to the BOG.
24 mai 2018 à 1 h 40
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Just as my two cents.

Lowkey, this trade isn't even bad compared to some of the others also made.
If anything, the Tanev trade should be redone. Not this one.
24 mai 2018 à 2 h 2
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TMLSage
Lowkey, this trade isn't even bad compared to some of the others also made.
If anything, the Tanev trade should be redone. Not this one.

I still don't know why the Tanev trade would be redone.
24 mai 2018 à 2 h 2
Black Lives Matter
Just one more question, sorry: When will we get an answer about the Lehner trade?
24 mai 2018 à 7 h 42
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
These guys available for 7th rounders:

Minnesota Wild
Pontus Sjalin
Brayden Chizen
Avery Peterson
Dylan Labbe
Adam Gilmour
Adam Vay
24 mai 2018 à 7 h 49
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Double posting, don't care.

I have the ability to take on ONE more bad contract. If anyone has one that they need to shed, hit me up!
24 mai 2018 à 8 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880
Re: Lerner Trade

Doesn't seem to make sense to take potential deals into account for whether or not the current deal is "fair". If this trade is deemed to "impact market value," then I ask the BOG to elaborate on why other trades were not considered to do the same (trade #1, for example).

Thanks guys
LicMysak et Daryl a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2018 à 10 h 26
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
The Columbus Blue Jackets will be hiring Todd Nelson as assistant coach.

Columbus Blue Jackets

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage