SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

2018 Boston Bruins Offseason Thread

10 mai 2018 à 8 h 52
BreKel
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 460
With the playoffs over, it is now officially the offseason. Post news, rumors, discussion for free agency, the draft, trades and anything else relate to the offseason.
12 juin 2018 à 8 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Bruins looking hard at Hanafin. Question is what would the exchange look like?
12 juin 2018 à 9 h 25
Démarrer sujet
BreKel
Quoting: HD86
Bruins looking hard at Hanafin. Question is what would the exchange look like?

They are? I don't see anything from reliable people on this one, but maybe I'm missing it. Do you have a link?

For sake of discussion, I'm not sure Boston really has what Carolina would want for Hanifin. Supposedly, Hurricanes want an equal forward/center type. If you could get something done around Krug + prospects, then it'd be interesting, but I think that's nothing more than fan proposals.
12 juin 2018 à 10 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Word of mouth and saw it pop up at HockeyBuzz's Rumor Chart as a small percentage chance (5%).
12 juin 2018 à 19 h 42
Démarrer sujet
BreKel
Quoting: HD86
Word of mouth and saw it pop up at HockeyBuzz's Rumor Chart as a small percentage chance (5%).

Personally, I wouldn't believe anything that comes from HockeyBuzz. Eklund, the site owner, is someone who makes up rumors to get clicks for his site.
15 juin 2018 à 11 h 54
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
What about Kovalchuk interest? Is it worth the investment? What would it take to sign him?
15 juin 2018 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
BreKel
Quoting: TheTown
What about Kovalchuk interest? Is it worth the investment? What would it take to sign him?

No idea what it would take, but I've seen anywhere from 2-3 years at 5-6M? I would easily do a 12M/2Y deal with him if he'd agree to play the RW (something he did in NJ). I'm all in on Kovalchuk. I know some B's fans are uptight are uptight about his age (no one here specifically, but in general), but even at 35 years old, he's proving he can still play. You add him and play him in either combination:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Kovalchuk

OR

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Kovalchuk
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak

That is a serious top 6, and would be hard to play against. He can still play. He's shown it. I think the risk is worth the reward. He's coming back because he wants to compete for a Cup, so it's not a money thing.
15 juin 2018 à 20 h 15
Démarrer sujet
BreKel
Bruins have re-signed Matt Grzelcyk, defenseman, to a 2Y/2.8M dollar deal (1.4 AAV).

Very good signing, in my opinion.
19 juin 2018 à 0 h 37
Quoting: BreKel
No idea what it would take, but I've seen anywhere from 2-3 years at 5-6M? I would easily do a 12M/2Y deal with him if he'd agree to play the RW (something he did in NJ). I'm all in on Kovalchuk. I know some B's fans are uptight are uptight about his age (no one here specifically, but in general), but even at 35 years old, he's proving he can still play. You add him and play him in either combination:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Kovalchuk

OR

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Kovalchuk
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak

That is a serious top 6, and would be hard to play against. He can still play. He's shown it. I think the risk is worth the reward. He's coming back because he wants to compete for a Cup, so it's not a money thing.

So Bjork plays 3rd line RW?
22 juin 2018 à 10 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562
Quoting: TheTown
So Bjork plays 3rd line RW?

Really will depend on how he looks in camp. He can play LW/RW and anywhere in your top 9 TBH.
28 juin 2018 à 0 h 11
So now it's Tavares talk!!!?? I just don't see it happening. Was surprised Bruins were 1 of the 6 in the running TBH!!
1 juill. 2018 à 15 h 20
Go Bruins Go
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 398
WOO these signings! Bruins gain Halak (2y x 2.75 AAV), J. Moore (5 x 2.75), Nordstrom (2 x 1 AAV), and Chris Wagner (2 x 1.25)
9 juill. 2018 à 18 h 2
Future Bruin 63
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Thoughts on trading for a winger this offseason? Panarin and Skinner are the 2 obvious choices, and personally I would rather Skinner.

Obviously Panarin is the more talented player, but it would cost us much more to get him. Asking price from CBJ would most likely be a high end prospect, roster player and a 1st, and that just seems like too much for a player who may not even resign with us at the end of the season. The goal would be to make a trade for a high end winger in order to compete with Tampa and Toronto, while at the same time keeping our window open for as long as possible. By trading for Panarin I think we would be sacrificing too much of our future, when we could give up less for Skinner and still get a very skilled winger to play alongside Krejci and DeBrusk. Asking price for Skinner is reportedly a 1st and a prospect, and we could negotiate a bit, maybe add a 2nd to the deal and end up giving up a less valuable prospect. Overall it just seems like trading for Skinner makes much more sense for us at this point, rather than cleaning house and getting Panarin.
9 juill. 2018 à 20 h 57
Démarrer sujet
BreKel
Quoting: FutureBruin63
Thoughts on trading for a winger this offseason? Panarin and Skinner are the 2 obvious choices, and personally I would rather Skinner.

Obviously Panarin is the more talented player, but it would cost us much more to get him. Asking price from CBJ would most likely be a high end prospect, roster player and a 1st, and that just seems like too much for a player who may not even resign with us at the end of the season. The goal would be to make a trade for a high end winger in order to compete with Tampa and Toronto, while at the same time keeping our window open for as long as possible. By trading for Panarin I think we would be sacrificing too much of our future, when we could give up less for Skinner and still get a very skilled winger to play alongside Krejci and DeBrusk. Asking price for Skinner is reportedly a 1st and a prospect, and we could negotiate a bit, maybe add a 2nd to the deal and end up giving up a less valuable prospect. Overall it just seems like trading for Skinner makes much more sense for us at this point, rather than cleaning house and getting Panarin.

I haven't seen much mention of the asking prices for the players, but I'd take either. Skinner may be cheaper because he has a NMC, and from what I've read, has already blocked some trades this offseason. No idea if he'd come to Boston, but he'd be nice on the RW, depending on the cost. The Bruins can't be subtracting much from their roster though, if he were to come here.
FutureBruin63 a aimé ceci.
6 août 2018 à 10 h 28
I think we just go with what we have right now. Give the kids another year of experience and maybe a few new ones Providence get a look. Maybe add someone at trade deadline. But wait until next offseason when there are some interesting players available. I agree Skinner would have been a good add but he is gone now and Panarin is just way too expensive....
25 sept. 2018 à 18 h 15
Go Bruins Go
This preseason is going good. Will Frederic make the lineup? Wanna know if I should drop him in my fantasy league
28 sept. 2018 à 6 h 42
Quoting: The_Real_FBGM_37
This preseason is going good. Will Frederic make the lineup? Wanna know if I should drop him in my fantasy league

50/50 if he makes the team out if camp, but he'll see NHL action at some point this year
28 sept. 2018 à 9 h 9
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: ON3M4N
50/50 if he makes the team out if camp, but he'll see NHL action at some point this year

Ya... do you think we should sign Stempniak and Winnik? They would take up room for the young guys. Maybe if the got a 2way deal
28 sept. 2018 à 12 h 47
Quoting: The_Real_FBGM_37
Ya... do you think we should sign Stempniak and Winnik? They would take up room for the young guys. Maybe if the got a 2way deal

IDK, I just don't see where they fit on the team outside of a 13th forward. Even then if Cehlarik makes the team and one of the young centers, you'll have a 13th in either Acciari or Nordstrom

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage