SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Just said my last goodbye to one of my dogs

16 avr. 2018 à 8 h 12
My Balls Itch
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 101
Having to put down one of my dogs today. She is a Great Pyrenees and one of the dumbest but sweeties dogs ever and will I will miss her. This is the 3rd time in the last few years that my family has to put down an animal and everything it sucks. Just wondering if any of y'all have had do to this and what it was like for you.
Kaifin a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2018 à 20 h 41
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 52
Quoting: DeadGuy63
Having to put down one of my dogs today. She is a Great Pyrenees and one of the dumbest but sweeties dogs ever and will I will miss her. This is the 3rd time in the last few years that my family has to put down an animal and everything it sucks. Just wondering if any of y'all have had do to this and what it was like for you.

I'm sorry for your loss.
I sadly know the feeling all too well. Just last year we had to put down our Australian Shepherd, who was my best friend for the last fourteen years. I also lost my orange tabby and black cat two years ago in two separate accidents (I was even out of the country at the time) as well as four other dogs in the last seven years. (One of whom was my best friend as a baby/toddler)

It got easier for me to deal with it as time went on, but I've never forgotten any of my family pets. It's one of the most difficult things to do, putting down such a big part of your family. I was an emotional wreck for at least a week after every time. It's an indescribable feeling and I'm sorry you have to go through this.
maplelaughs2297 a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2018 à 7 h 58
Démarrer sujet
My Balls Itch
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 101
Quoting: Kaifin
I'm sorry for your loss.
I sadly know the feeling all too well. Just last year we had to put down our Australian Shepherd, who was my best friend for the last fourteen years. I also lost my orange tabby and black cat two years ago in two separate accidents (I was even out of the country at the time) as well as four other dogs in the last seven years. (One of whom was my best friend as a baby/toddler)

It got easier for me to deal with it as time went on, but I've never forgotten any of my family pets. It's one of the most difficult things to do, putting down such a big part of your family. I was an emotional wreck for at least a week after every time. It's an indescribable feeling and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Something we did not know is that in my county is a dog bites someone you have to wait 10 days to put them down so I have do go through this again next week which i'm not looking forward to but I get more time with her and can try to somehow find her a home. I just know that next week will be way worse than yesterday. Sorry to hear about your animals as well. My uncle had a Australian shepherd and was one of the funniest and cutest dogs ive ever seen.
17 avr. 2018 à 11 h 43
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 52
Quoting: DeadGuy63
Something we did not know is that in my county is a dog bites someone you have to wait 10 days to put them down so I have do go through this again next week which i'm not looking forward to but I get more time with her and can try to somehow find her a home. I just know that next week will be way worse than yesterday. Sorry to hear about your animals as well. My uncle had a Australian shepherd and was one of the funniest and cutest dogs ive ever seen.

That's terrible. I'm unsure of the laws in Canada as I've never been bitten or had a dog bite someone, but I do know that having a set date to put an animal down is even harder to deal with. You just need to make the most of the time you have left, like you said. It'll get easier with time, eventually. I hope you're able to stay strong through everything that's happening.

He was the cutest thing as a puppy and energetic as all hell as well (as puppies are). He could be pretty thick at times, but growing up with our Siberian Husky he learned a lot and was really smart. Unbelievably sweet too.
3 févr. 2021 à 19 h 19
sbinalla
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 357
im very late but im very sorry for your loss
4 févr. 2021 à 20 h 20
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
That's too bad, sorry to hear this.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
26 nov. 2021 à 20 h 7
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Just seeing this today (11/26/2021). I'm so sorry, and I have an idea how you feel -- I've had to put three dogs down. I hope that the intervening time has helped erode some of the sadness for you. If not, perhaps these thoughts might help you a little:

(1) They can't do it themselves. They can't even ask you to do it for them. So taking this step to help them out of this life and put them beyond suffering is something only you can do. So you should take some solace in the knowledge that you did him/her the last thing you could do for a beloved friend.

(2) I officially retired on January 31, 2010. I was looking forward to a couple of years of just sitting on my couch and enjoying myself with the best dog a boy could ever have. Unfortunately, he began deteriorating immediately and I had to put him down less than 10 weeks later. It hurt terribly, and I still miss him. But I use his name and his last day as the password to unlock my computer each morning, and that simple reminder recalls him and reminds me of what a great dog he was. Maybe you can do something like that to keep your friend's memory in the forefront of your mind, because believe me, over time, all of the bad things go away and only the good ones re-surface.
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage