Would you be interested in a V3
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 avr. 2018 à 17 h 12
Oilers Current GM
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Hello
I'm an AGM with the Oilers in GM Game V2. I have been giving some thought on the concerns with the rankings and ratings of teams. Concerns I see are:
- slow responses to trade and power rankings
- concerns from other GMs on bias of ratings
- confusion of waivers
- how a team is evauated

I would like to propose the creation of a third version. In this iteration I'd like to see stat driven decisions made coupled with a simulation (likely NHL XX) to provide randomness. A simulation like NHL would along better use of strategies, impact of trades, possible trade ratings

Trade ratings would strictly be used to decide weather a GM remains in command of their team.

Teams would be updated on the simulation and played in the irl schedule and adhere to those dates and processes. BOG members would largely manage the simulation and the data collection. This would hopefully allow for better game management with a lower time commitment.

I'd like to get your thoughts and perhaps get capfriendly management buy in and overall interest. If this can be accepted then sufficient planning could occur now in time for next season. This would include the overall rating system and rules setup

Thank you
nobody, rangersandislesfan, l9guysports and 3 others a aimé ceci.
2 avr. 2018 à 20 h 10
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Yes, i do agree, a v3 would be good. Idk if it should be next season or the year after, but IMO there should be a v3 eventually.
All_Bran a aimé ceci.
2 avr. 2018 à 21 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Oilers Current GM
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Yes, i do agree, a v3 would be good. Idk if it should be next season or the year after, but IMO there should be a v3 eventually.

Personally I just see so many benefits to making a major shift in how teams are assessed. I think I have a good basis in mind. I am down to try in v1 or V2 if people can agree to try it out.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2018 à 23 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
Im not opposed to your idea of a V3 but I think you underestimate the efforts necessary for this to work smoothly and what the current group of guys are already doing. You need like 35 guys/gals to be online virtually all the time. Its tough. I've been here through all the previous iterations so far and for it to truly work properly, kind of like how you would want, we'd need major efforts from the CF mods on a daily basis. I think they have their hands full as is....

I'd say go ahead with planning any way. There is nothing stopping you from creating another GM game, really, but the mods won't be helping out if they don't see the efforts being put in on our side either.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2018 à 1 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Oilers Current GM
I don't doubt the level of effort required to run the game at all. My goal would be to simplify how success and failure are evaluated for each team.

Unfortunately yes mod support is required to sticky threads and handling reports, etc.

Thanks for the advice and I'll develop something and if it isn't a V3 maybe it's a good addition to V2
rangersandislesfan et nobody a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2018 à 16 h 22
GO PENGUINS GO!
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 32
I hope we could have a V3, I would like to be a GM.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2018 à 16 h 24
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,128
Quoting: All_Bran
I hope we could have a V3, I would like to be a GM.

I agree, I would LOVE to be a GM!
30 avr. 2018 à 8 h 58
My Balls Itch
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 101
If we stick with v3 or move to v2 I would be glad to run the simulation on nhl 18 if it is decided that it is wanted and i could also live stream it

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage