Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

13 mai 2020 à 19 h 4
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: Kakko_to_New_York
what a terrible trade.

yeah its pretty bad but at least Lundkvist and Henriksson both look like solid prospects
BuFfaLOFaN, SadSensFan14 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2020 à 19 h 39
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
Quoting: moli92
yeah its pretty bad but at least Lundkvist and Henriksson both look like solid prospects

true that
15 mai 2020 à 3 h 23
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 381
Good old Yzerman times
29 mai 2020 à 8 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Quoting: CapFriendly
A trade between Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Rangers has been confirmed.

Now this is a dub for the rangers
2 juin 2020 à 13 h 32
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: howdy_hwdn
Now this is a dub for the rangers

Nah...trade was won by TBL. Not until the prospects pay in the NHL and are considered good will I say NYR won this.
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
3 juin 2020 à 8 h 5
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Wonder if Tampa has regrets about signing McDonagh to that extension. Not that his 6.75m is high, but the term is long and the NTC is gonna to hurt Tampa and there cap flexibility this year and in the future.
31 mars 2021 à 0 h 53
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Yeah, not sure about this one, McDonagh hasn’t been bad but his term is quite big, And I think TB regrets the Miller Trade a bit but yet again, he didn’t have a top spot unlike in Vancouver, turned the first into Blake Colman and they’ve win the cup, so it isn’t a total Bust so far, but still iffy for Tampa

Rangers side is interesting
Namestikov played for 1 season in NYR
Hajek is an odd prospect to me, think he’ll make it as a bottom 6
Howden hasn’t looked good at all with the Rangers, I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s out of the League in 3-4 seasons
Lundkvist And Henriksson is what’s gonna save the trade for the rangers

I think it’s a Tampa win for now, Lundkvist’s growth will also decide it and if Tampa Gets another ring(s) along the way
SadSensFan14 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2021 à 16 h 55
sen krak fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,517
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
what a terrible trade.

Ya it was pretty bad.
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2021 à 11 h 45
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
That McDonagh contract will hurt, but it's not buyout-proof, and he has at least been passable. Miller + Foote turned (essentially) into Coleman + Alnefelt; while that's bad asset management, TBL still can be happy with it thanks to that Cup victory.

As for NYR, none of Namestnikov/Howden/Hajek did anything meaningful for them. Lundkvist and Henriksson look good, though. Given that TBL won the cup and that three of the five pieces did nothing for NYR, I'd give the win to TBL, but NYR can still be happy if those two become long-term pieces.
A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2021 à 0 h 2
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
what a terrible trade.

Quoting: moli92

Quoting: JetsCanesSens
Ya it was pretty bad.

Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Nah...trade was won by TBL. Not until the prospects pay in the NHL and are considered good will I say NYR won this.

To be honest I think this is a win-win.

Tampa got a stanley cup.

NYR got a couple of solid prospects (possible Eichel trade chips awesome face ) for some guys who didn't fit their timeline (although Miller might have been nice to keep in hindsight, he wasn't even that good in tampa so it's not really relevant).
18 juin 2021 à 14 h 45
sen krak fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,517
Quoting: Saskleaf
To be honest I think this is a win-win.

Tampa got a stanley cup.

NYR got a couple of solid prospects (possible Eichel trade chips awesome face ) for some guys who didn't fit their timeline (although Miller might have been nice to keep in hindsight, he wasn't even that good in tampa so it's not really relevant).

Tampa still won a cup, but I think I mostly agree with you.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2021 à 22 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
many years ago Lou could have made this kind of trade to help the leafs in 2017-2018. He did not and instead traded for a rental 3rd line center in Plekenic.

Imagine

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Miller-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Moore-Kapenan

Rielly-Hainsey
McDonagh-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Polak

not perfect but better than what we had before.
11 juill. 2021 à 16 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: aadoyle
many years ago Lou could have made this kind of trade to help the leafs in 2017-2018. He did not and instead traded for a rental 3rd line center in Plekenic.

Imagine

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Miller-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Moore-Kapenan

Rielly-Hainsey
McDonagh-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Polak

To match this trade they’d need to give up the pick that would be Sandin, the pick that they traded for Plekanec (Jacob Olofsson), Korshkov, Grundstrom, and either Kadri or Hyman+.

Which I guess considering how much failure the Leafs seasons have ended with in recent years, the hypothetical trade couldn’t have hurt Toronto.
11 juill. 2021 à 18 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
To match this trade they’d need to give up the pick that would be Sandin, the pick that they traded for Plekanec (Jacob Olofsson), Korshkov, Grundstrom, and either Kadri or Hyman+.

Which I guess considering how much failure the Leafs seasons have ended with in recent years, the hypothetical trade couldn’t have hurt Toronto.

I was thinking it would probs have revolved around Kapenan + going but yeah. sure no sandin but the left side could have been if we say Muzzin also occurred the following year (Rielly/Muzzin/Mcdonagh) like Tampa's (Hedman/Mcdonagh/Sergechev is now). and thats the sad thing as Lou never took risks. Brian Boyle and Plekenic common. You had matthews, marner, and nylander on ELCs and you didnt take advantage. Its almost as if he was sabotaging us lul considering with the isles he makes the Pageau and Palmeri trades
11 juill. 2021 à 21 h 29
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I was thinking it would probs have revolved around Kapenan + going but yeah. sure no sandin but the left side could have been if we say Muzzin also occurred the following year (Rielly/Muzzin/Mcdonagh) like Tampa's (Hedman/Mcdonagh/Sergechev is now). and thats the sad thing as Lou never took risks. Brian Boyle and Plekenic common. You had matthews, marner, and nylander on ELCs and you didnt take advantage. Its almost as if he was sabotaging us lul considering with the isles he makes the Pageau and Palmeri trades

Kapanen was barely an NHLer at that point, Namestnikov was on pace for 58 points.

Also there’s no way you’d be able to acquire Muzzin because they’d have no cap space, also they would’ve traded away Grundstrom already.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2021 à 12 h 41
Go leafs go

Imagine

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Miller-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Moore-Kapenan

Rielly-Hainsey
McDonagh-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Polak

Too much to give up in my opinion. No thanks.
12 juill. 2021 à 12 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 juill. 2021 à 12 h 48
Too much to give up in my opinion. No thanks.

not really it would have solved future problems and would have seriously increased the depth of this team for years to come

Miller would be the 3c. No need for JT and you spend the money elsewhere. If Muzzin never happened Leafs could spend the assets elsewhere on either a RD on another big forward. Ensuring their chances in 2018-2020 were at their highest

Like if we factor all this in and never moved Kadri and some other tinkering we would see

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Kadri-Nylander
Mikheyev-JTM-Kapenan
Simmonds-Brooks-Spezza

Rielly-Brodie
Mcdonagh-Manson/another top 4 RD availible
Sandin-Holl
12 juill. 2021 à 12 h 53
Go leafs go
not really it would have solved future problems and would have seriously increased the depth of this team for years to come

Miller would be the 3c. No need for JT and you spend the money elsewhere. If Muzzin never happened Leafs could spend the assets elsewhere on either a RD on another big forward. Ensuring their chances in 2018-2020 were at their highest

Like if we factor all this in and never moved Kadri and some other tinkering we would see

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Kadri-Nylander
Mikheyev-JTM-Kapenan
Simmonds-Brooks-Spezza

Rielly-Brodie
Mcdonagh-Manson/another top 4 RD availible
Sandin-Holl

What are you giving up for these guys though? They probably cost Kadri+first at a minimum (likely a second, maybe 2 seconds, as well). Meaning you probably don't have Sandin and Kadri. And that's not even thinking about Manson. He probably costs the picks used on Robertson and Foligno.
12 juill. 2021 à 13 h 0
Hakuna Matata
What are you giving up for these guys though? They probably cost Kadri+first at a minimum (likely a second, maybe 2 seconds, as well). Meaning you probably don't have Sandin and Kadri. And that's not even thinking about Manson. He probably costs the picks used on Robertson and Foligno.

Dubas would probs give 2018 1st and second round picks of that season. So sure no Sandin but meh would have Mcdonagh. 2018 second we got Durzi so also notable sacrifice. Then you just send Korshkov, and Bracco or another low tier prospect.

So basically Dubas package would have probs been (2018 1st + 2018 2nd + Kapenan + Korshkov + Bracco)

Manson would have been the following year trade and would revolve around the 2019 1st and Grundstrom. Robertson would still be drafted the
17 juill. 2021 à 11 h 0
Go leafs go
Dubas would probs give 2018 1st and second round picks of that season. So sure no Sandin but meh would have Mcdonagh. 2018 second we got Durzi so also notable sacrifice. Then you just send Korshkov, and Bracco or another low tier prospect.

So basically Dubas package would have probs been (2018 1st + 2018 2nd + Kapenan + Korshkov + Bracco)

Manson would have been the following year trade and would revolve around the 2019 1st and Grundstrom. Robertson would still be drafted the

But at the time, Namestikov was actually a solid top 9 forward, Kapanen was still a uncertainty. And I doubt that even at the time that Koshkov and Bracco=Howdon and Hijak. So you probably have to add another second round pick (Robertson? Maybe not but that wouldn't be good).

Plus, is this team really better with JT Miller and McDonaugh instead of John Tavares? I'm not sure it is.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage