SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NSH / CHI) - Hartman + 1st and 4th for Ejdsell + 5th

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 12
A trade between Nashville Predators and Chicago Blackhawks has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Blackhawks de Chicago font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
Victor Ejdsell · 0 $833 750 $70 000 $ (LAH/JR)
Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (NSH - #27 - Nicolas Beaudin)
Choix de 4e ronde en 2018 (NSH - #120 - Philipp Kurashev)
Somme: 0 $833 750 $70 000 $
Variation: -863 333 $
Variation: -29 583 $
Variation: -762 500 $
Les Predators de Nashville font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Predators de Nashville
Ryan Hartman · 863 333 $863 333 $832 500 $
Choix de 5e ronde en 2018 (CHI - #131 - Spencer Stastney)
Somme: 863 333 $863 333 $832 500 $
Variation: +863 333 $
Variation: +29 583 $
Variation: +762 500 $
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 13
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
One of the very few trades involving a 1st round pick that I would say is a fair deal. Like it for both sides
Hockeyplayer1 et habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 13
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 199
Hopefully Hawks move up in the draft with that pick now. Pick is likely going to be 25+ though which isn't ideal. Here is to praying for a NSH losing streak followed by 1st round exit.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 14
Emotionally in 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
This is one of the most even trades I've seen in a long time.
KSIxSKULLS et habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 182
Why is Chicago not holding on to a player like Hartman is what I don’t get. Even though they gave up a first round pick good acquisition by Nashville. Fair trade.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 17
WentWughes
Quoting: Clubkid75
Why is Chicago not holding on to a player like Hartman is what I don’t get. Even though they gave up a first round pick good acquisition by Nashville. Fair trade.

They get a 1st in a deep draft, They are getting a younger player with more years of RFA with the hope that that player turns into a similar player as Hartman
habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 19
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
They get a 1st in a deep draft, They are getting a younger player with more years of RFA with the hope that that player turns into a similar player as Hartman

Like I said, fair trade
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 20
Tonys Pizza
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 14
How the hell is this a fair deal. Why can't we call up Fredrick guedreu if me need depth. I'm glad I spent the last couple weeks worried we were going to waste a first round pick on Rick Nash, but now we waste it on depth with an inter division trade. Couldn't we have just kept letestu yesterday? I have no problem with Hartman but the value given up and inside the division makes me sick. Grabner went inside the division and only cost a 2nd and a prospect. Grabner has consistently had higher point totals his whole career than Hartman.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 21
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 199
Quoting: Clubkid75

They will now have a top 10 pick and a 25-31 pick. If they don't win one of the 3 lottery spots they can use the extra pick to trade up and select someone who could be NHL ready within a year on an ELC.
HawksFan28 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 23
WentWughes
Quoting: Tonys_Pizza
How the hell is this a fair deal. Why can't we call up Fredrick guedreu if me need depth. I'm glad I spent the last couple weeks worried we were going to waste a first round pick on Rick Nash, but now we waste it on depth with an inter division trade. Couldn't we have just kept letestu yesterday? I have no problem with Hartman but the value given up and inside the division makes me sick. Grabner went inside the division and only cost a 2nd and a prospect. Grabner has consistently had higher point totals his whole career than Hartman.

Hartman is 23,
Quoting: Tonys_Pizza

Grabner is a pure Rental, Obviously you dont understand hockey but, Hartman gives the Preds depth now and in the Future, hes only 23 so hes going to get better. Its a trade that helps them now, and doesnt really affect them in the future.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 27
Quoting: Hockeyplayer1
They will now have a top 10 pick and a 25-31 pick. If they don't win one of the 3 lottery spots they can use the extra pick to trade up and select someone who could be NHL ready within a year on an ELC.

Like I said, fair trade
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 42
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I like it. I didn't at first but now that i think about it Hartman is younger and could be a good player for the Preds for a while.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 43
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,582
Modifié 26 févr. 2018 à 13 h 12
I think it's a fair trade. Hartman is somewhat cost controlled. The rumor I was hearing in Chicago was that he wanted Conor Sheary money...which is a bit much, but I wouldn't grip too much. The Hawks can't afford that with all their other RFAs due too. It's almost like a restart for the Hawks. A late 1st for a late 1st...plus a draft bump & Ejdsell.

THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE MOST PHYISCAL TEMAS I'LL WATCH PLAY IN A LONG TIME.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 46
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Modifié 26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 53
What the Hawks got in return was fair, but trading Hartman was a big mistake - especially to Nashville.I have a feeling Hartman is going to be a thorne in the Hawks side for years to come...

If I were Bowman I would have passed on that deal, it's certainly a respectable offer but the whole Nashville factor I don't like..

It will be interesting to see what Hartman signs for...

I'll add this tho - the Hawks have zero "key" free agents to sign this summer, so this is at least 2-3 million more that can be spent on the UFA market + the Hawks have a couple of first round picks and the trade opens up another roster spot.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 49
WentWughes
Quoting: HawksFan28
What the Hawks got in return was fair, but trading Hartman was a big mistake - especially to Nashville.I have a feeling Hartman is going to be a thorne in the Hawks side for years to come...

If I were Bowman I would have passed on that deal, it's certainly a respectable offer but the whole Nashville factor I don't like..

It will be interesting to see what Hartman signs for...

Until Hartman asks for 4m+ in negotiations and Hawks cannot afford him. It makes sense
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Think this deal in a vacuum is fair, but trading a player that could use a little motivation to an in division rival seems like a disaster waiting to happen
HawksFan28 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 56
HawksFan28
Until Hartman asks for 4m+ in negotiations and Hawks cannot afford him. It makes sense

I don't have an issue with the value, I have an issue with the fact he went to Nashville..

Nashville is crazy good...
bender26 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 12 h 59
HawksFan28
Quoting: bender26
Think this deal in a vacuum is fair, but trading a player that could use a little motivation to an in division rival seems like a disaster waiting to happen

That's what I'm saying..........I would have been more comfortable if he went somewhere out east - or at the very least out of the central.
bender26 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 13 h 53
Tonys Pizza
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Hartman is 23,

Grabner is a pure Rental, Obviously you dont understand hockey but, Hartman gives the Preds depth now and in the Future, hes only 23 so hes going to get better. Its a trade that helps them now, and doesnt really affect them in the future.

I got mad at first not realizing Hartman was an RFA. I still think you can't get in a bidding war and overpay within the division. I think this trade should have been a conditional 1st at best. Hopefully if Hartman works out, I look like a dingus... if he doesn't, then they can trade his rights for a pick at the draft.
26 févr. 2018 à 14 h 0
WentWughes
Quoting: HawksFan28
I don't have an issue with the value, I have an issue with the fact he went to Nashville..

Nashville is crazy good...

Yea that sucks, but they were probably the only one offering what they offered
HawksFan28 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2018 à 18 h 5
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,128
Why would Chicago want to deal Hartman? Don't they want to try to compete still or are they just gonna sell everything they got and go into a slow rebuild.
26 févr. 2018 à 23 h 36
HawksFan28

I hope the Hawks go on a significant losing streak and move into the top 5, but either way I think a package of the 2 picks and perhaps Anisimov could move them into the top 5 regardless. Heck I wouldn't be shocked if the Hawks moved Anisismov for another first round pick on draft day.

IMO I think the top 5-7 in this draft are franchise players, with Dahlin being a generational talent...

It would be sweet if the Hawks won the lotto and ended up with that first overall pick.... I'd gladly eat my own beard for that, lol.
26 févr. 2018 à 23 h 46
HawksFan28
Quoting: Missouri
Why would Chicago want to deal Hartman? Don't they want to try to compete still or are they just gonna sell everything they got and go into a slow rebuild.

Well, I have viewed this season as one long audition for the kids..... Moving Hartman opens up a roster spot and saves the Hawks some cap space to sign a UFA this summer.

I guess Hartman didn't make the club...

Besides, I heard Hartman was asking for some crazy money - like 3.5-4 per and if that's the case then take the picks and the prospect and run really really fast, lol.
27 févr. 2018 à 17 h 30
HawksFan28
Yea that sucks, but they were probably the only one offering what they offered

The more I look at this trade the more I like it.... Apparently Bowman was pursuing Ejdsell last sprig, so obviously Ejdsell was a player Bowman wanted and he wasn't just a "toss in" contract er AHL fodder...

I checked out some of Ejdsell's highlight videos and the kid is skilled, and he's big and I think Ejdsell alone could be better than Hartman, but the Hawks got a first & fourth to boot... This isn't a bad deal at all in hindsight.. I was kind of shocked that Hartman was traded at first because I expected he would be a part of the Hawks future, but this was certainly one of those deals you really cant turn down, and Stan said as much in his trade deadline presser.... Especially since Stan wanted to sign Ejdsell last spring..

So yea, I'm fine with this deal, Ejdsell is only 22 so there is room there to grow his game and I would expect he will be playing in Rockford in the fall, and he will certainly be good competition in camp.

I'm not going to complain - especially if the rumors are true that Hartman wants 3.5 or 4 per season....

Heck, I wonder if Bowman will get dirty and re-sign Hartman to an offer sheet, lol..... That would just be too funny.... The compensation is a second round pick if Hartman signs for $1,962,986 to $3,925,975, so if Bowman really wants Hartman back he could snag him for a 2nd and watch David Polie go ballistic, lol.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2019 à 16 h 25
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 92
Chicago did kill on this trade. Even if Ejdsel and Beaudin will not turn out to be anything special, that 4th rounder alone, (Kurashev) is pretty special talent and should be player in a year or two.
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage