Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 mars 2018 à 21 h 22
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: Daryl
All I’m saying is I think Montreal could have traded for a more vital piece than Drouin. Again I am not saying Drouin isn’t talented, all I am saying is that Montreal needed and still needs a true 1C that can carry the team.

What team could we have traded Sergechev to, for a top Center? With Drouin we got a young 1st line winger at the least. I dont think there was a better fit out there
18 mars 2018 à 21 h 24
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Yea Bob Mckenzie said realistically he was worth a 4th. You keep saying hes playing PK time and such, but how can you play PK time and 5v5 time and still have under 10 minute TOI?

45% Corsi with 75% dzone starts and a 56% faceoff percentage. He's doing at least as well as advertised and what Toronto expected.
He's not going to put up many points in that role, but his 11 minutes a game is enough to take a lot of difficult situations and defensive burdens off Toronto's young offensive core, and that's where his real contribution to the offense is. That's why Toronto is still capable of putting up 4/5 goals a game despite key injuries.
Daryl a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 6 h 19
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
What team could we have traded Sergechev to, for a top Center? With Drouin we got a young 1st line winger at the least. I dont think there was a better fit out there

He could have waited. Montreal should have waited for Sergachev to increase his value and then pull of a trade similar to that of the Jones for Johansen move.
19 mars 2018 à 8 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Your defense is old and slow (for the most part). I’m not saying Drouin is bad, but wouldn’t Sergachev be having a greater impact on your blue line then Drouin is on offense?

The Drouin trade went back to back to terrible cap/asset management by the Habs. Knowing they had "lost" UFAs Radulov and Markov (you really can't lose UFAs, because they are FREE) So the Habs had about 12.5m in UFA money which they had allowed for those two players What they did was sign UFA Alzner and then trade and sign for Drouin....that 10,2m for inferior players and also gave up a former 9th overall pick. Sergachov.
Wouldn't they have been a thousand times better off, keeping Sergachov, and having that 12m in hand for either short term UFAs or 12m for future UFA signings.
So now the Canadians don't have Sergachov (whatever he becomes), have two meh players Drouin and Alzner, and less cap space to spend in the future. But if Rychel who was the Marlies # 3 winger and was unclaimed on waivers last fall, and Valiev, Marlies # 4 Dman prospect. makes Habs better, good for them.
P.S. I'm kinda pulling for Valiev to being an NHLer. (seem like a good guy) He might be a player who plays better in a more structured NHL than in the AHL.
Daryl a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 8 h 9
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: EthanK24
What is with leafs fans and bringing up that trade as an example of a bad trade. Montreal needed a forward, Tampa needed a D. If that didn’t happen Drouin has 3 times as many points as Sergachev. It’s a difference in the team around them.

Actually I was making the comparison to KSixSKULLS comments. He had said Plekanec that seem to be " a nothing" because he was -2 in 7 games as Leaf. OK wanna you stats, I used Drouin's +/- stats.
19 mars 2018 à 10 h 25
WentWughes
He could have waited. Montreal should have waited for Sergachev to increase his value and then pull of a trade similar to that of the Jones for Johansen move.

Montreal wasnt really in the position of waiting. Pacioretty was 2 years away from a big raise, Price/Weber arent getting any younger. It was a win-now trade while thinking of the future.
19 mars 2018 à 10 h 26
WentWughes
Quoting: palhal
The Drouin trade went back to back to terrible cap/asset management by the Habs. Knowing they had "lost" UFAs Radulov and Markov (you really can't lose UFAs, because they are FREE) So the Habs had about 12.5m in UFA money which they had allowed for those two players What they did was sign UFA Alzner and then trade and sign for Drouin....that 10,2m for inferior players and also gave up a former 9th overall pick. Sergachov.
Wouldn't they have been a thousand times better off, keeping Sergachov, and having that 12m in hand for either short term UFAs or 12m for future UFA signings.
So now the Canadians don't have Sergachov (whatever he becomes), have two meh players Drouin and Alzner, and less cap space to spend in the future. But if Rychel who was the Marlies # 3 winger and was unclaimed on waivers last fall, and Valiev, Marlies # 4 Dman prospect. makes Habs better, good for them.
P.S. I'm kinda pulling for Valiev to being an NHLer. (seem like a good guy) He might be a player who plays better in a more structured NHL than in the AHL.

Considering we had 8Million all season, the cap space doesnt really matter, and isnt really a concern in the future
19 mars 2018 à 10 h 59
get ur corsi up
Montreal wasnt really in the position of waiting. Pacioretty was 2 years away from a big raise, Price/Weber arent getting any younger. It was a win-now trade while thinking of the future.

Well by the look of things it certainly didn’t help you guys win now.
19 mars 2018 à 11 h 31
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
It took three pages for this thread to go from turtlenecks to what Montreal’s plan was in two years.

Only on CapFriendly rock on
Daryl a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 13 h 22
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: DavidBooth7
It took three pages for this thread to go from turtlenecks to what Montreal's plan was in two years.

Only on CapFriendly rock on

"what Montreal's plan was in two years." I thought it took three pages to show there wasn't a plan. ..Confused, unless the plan was to acquire Rychel and Valiev.
nobody et Daryl a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 16 h 40
WentWughes
Well by the look of things it certainly didn’t help you guys win now.

Considering all our d epically failed. And us losing Paciorettu/Price/Weber/Mete/Danault/Shaw didnt help much
19 mars 2018 à 16 h 44
get ur corsi up
Considering all our d epically failed. And us losing Paciorettu/Price/Weber/Mete/Danault/Shaw didnt help much

You guys crumbled before most of your injuries. I really thought you’d be a playoff team but I guess poor management got the better of your roster.
19 mars 2018 à 16 h 56
WentWughes
You guys crumbled before most of your injuries. I really thought you’d be a playoff team but I guess poor management got the better of your roster.

Weber was hurt in game 1. Price was playing through injury and then shut down and never fully recovered. We were at one point in December in a wild card spot, so I dont think we were crumbled before our injurys. But ok keep thinking that
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 17 h 25
get ur corsi up
Weber was hurt in game 1. Price was playing through injury and then shut down and never fully recovered. We were at one point in December in a wild card spot, so I dont think we were crumbled before our injurys. But ok keep thinking that

Forgot about the Price injury. Still you can’t deny that the Drouin trade hasn’t helped you guys one bit. Alex Radulov has actually out performed Drouin. You guys would have been better off resigning him and keeping Sergachev.
19 mars 2018 à 17 h 50
WentWughes
Forgot about the Price injury. Still you can’t deny that the Drouin trade hasn’t helped you guys one bit. Alex Radulov has actually out performed Drouin. You guys would have been better off resigning him and keeping Sergachev.

Yes Radulov wouldve been good to keep, but I wasnt on the inside and i cant speculate what happened. But I do know that Montreal traded or dumped every russian guy we had (Julien is apparently racist towards Russians via his Boston Days?) Drouin has came in and help, but even Mcdavid cant save a sinking ship
19 mars 2018 à 18 h 51
get ur corsi up
Yes Radulov wouldve been good to keep, but I wasnt on the inside and i cant speculate what happened. But I do know that Montreal traded or dumped every russian guy we had (Julien is apparently racist towards Russians via his Boston Days?) Drouin has came in and help, but even Mcdavid cant save a sinking ship

Answer me honestly, if Tampa offered Sergacev for Drouin, and Nashville offered Subban for Weber. What would you say? I’m not saying the Drouin trade wasn’t fair, it was, what I am saying is it did not do much than maybe a slight team improvement. Bergevin should have spotted his teams regression, and kept Sergachev, not signed Alzner, and looked to the future.
19 mars 2018 à 18 h 54
WentWughes
Answer me honestly, if Tampa offered Sergacev for Drouin, and Nashville offered Subban for Weber. What would you say? I’m not saying the Drouin trade wasn’t fair, it was, what I am saying is it did not do much than maybe a slight team improvement. Bergevin should have spotted his teams regression, and kept Sergachev, not signed Alzner, and looked to the future.

Both of the trades to me, are equal both ways. Would I take Subban over Weber? No. Would I take Weber over Subban? No. Same with Drouin and Sergechev. But would I take Radulov 6x6? Yes 100%
19 mars 2018 à 19 h 19
get ur corsi up
Both of the trades to me, are equal both ways. Would I take Subban over Weber? No. Would I take Weber over Subban? No. Same with Drouin and Sergechev. But would I take Radulov 6x6? Yes 100%

If both of those trades are even then why has your team regressed so much over the last couple seasons? Imagine your blue line with Subban and Sergachev still around, then with Mete and Juulsen coming up. With all this in mind, in your opinion, do you think Bergevin deserves to stay around?
19 mars 2018 à 19 h 39
WentWughes
If both of those trades are even then why has your team regressed so much over the last couple seasons? Imagine your blue line with Subban and Sergachev still around, then with Mete and Juulsen coming up. With all this in mind, in your opinion, do you think Bergevin deserves to stay around?

Our team hasnt regressed, we were always ****. Price was what made us a playoff team. This team has actually got better IMO. Price has shown us what we really are. Bergevin should stay around because he has been our best GM we had since the cap era began
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 20 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Enough! Let me conclude this debate

1) Marc Bergevin is dumb
2) Montreal had a plan, but it sucked
3) Plekanec barely does anything but hey, turtlenecks
4) Montreal should have kept Sergachev and his value would have increased
5) Knock knock. Who's there? A joke. A joke who? A joke called Karl Alzner and his $5.5M
6) Valiev has no future. But he may have a future. We will never know
7) Radulov was like nah one year was good enough, see y'all later
8) Price is the GOAT
9) Price should have stayed healthy. As a result, he's half goat, half llama
10) Look...other GMs may have been worse, but trust me: Marc. Bergevin. Is. Dumb.
11) TURTLENECKS FOR THE WINNNNNNN
Daryl a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2018 à 23 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 362

u have to know Pacioretty isn't resigning with Montreal, so it's kinda irrelevant what the Montreal cap is in 2019. at least the habs got Rachel as a replacement.
19 mars 2018 à 23 h 50
WentWughes
Quoting: clark
u have to know Pacioretty isn't resigning with Montreal, so it's kinda irrelevant what the Montreal cap is in 2019. at least the habs got Rachel as a replacement.

Why wouldnt Pacioretty resign? thats a ridiculous statement to make
19 mars 2018 à 23 h 52

one reason montreal crumbled is they can't hire the best people, due to the cultural necessity in montreal to have a French Canadian in key management positions. Drouin wasn't really wanted by anyone except in Quebec because of his name. it's the same reason that 99% of Dubois of Columbus trades have him going to montreal, usually for a very low return to the blue jackets.
19 mars 2018 à 23 h 55
Why wouldnt Pacioretty resign? thats a ridiculous statement to make

ridulous, quit dreaming. he will be thirty years old, an American and might want a chance to win. apparently he has been on the trade block before the tdl. ok, chance of Montreal resigning him are one in ten.
Daryl a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2018 à 7 h 34
WentWughes
Quoting: clark
ridulous, quit dreaming. he will be thirty years old, an American and might want a chance to win. apparently he has been on the trade block before the tdl. ok, chance of Montreal resigning him are one in ten.

Chances of Matthews resigning are 1 in 10. Galchenyuk has been on the block for 3 years and hes still a hab. Media creates what they feel like for attention. Hes the Captain for a reason.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage