Forums/NHL Trades

(NYR / BOS) - Spooner, Lindgren, Beleskey, 1st, and 7th for Nash

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 mars 2018 à 7 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1
wow what a nice game from Spooner --> 2nd in a row!
2 mars 2018 à 7 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Seems this trade has worked out well for both teams. Nash has 2G/1A in 3 games and you've seen a HUGE change in Krejci's game. Krejci is defnatley more comfortable with Nash on his right then he was Spooner. Hopfully this will allow Krejci to open up his offensive side, now that he doesn't have to cover for Spooner's defensive deficiencies. Spooner appears to be doing well for the Rangers (by the box scores) w/ 5A in 2 games so far. Not sure how he's looked defensively, but he shows as a +2 at even strength so that's good.
2 mars 2018 à 12 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I don't understand why users feel that trades are always zero sum. If I were to look up in an NHL Trade Dictionary and search up "positive sum," this trade would be under there. Boston gives up assets that they feel is worth a chance to win a cup. New York gets assets for a player that wasn't going to have a role with the team going forward.

Personally, I wouldn't have parted with this if I was Boston - I would have tried to get Michael Grabner or Evander Kane or Mike Hoffman - instead of giving up assets for rentals.

This is good for both teams: Boston gets more ammo for their playoff push. New York gets a nice return for a rental who wouldn't resign with the team.

*I am also surprised that there are 42 users who check out this trade but they can't join the GM Game*

Quoting: phillyjabroni
I don't understand why users feel that trades are always zero sum. If I were to look up in an NHL Trade Dictionary and search up "positive sum," this trade would be under there. Boston gives up assets that they feel is worth a chance to win a cup. New York gets assets for a player that wasn't going to have a role with the team going forward.

Personally, I wouldn't have parted with this if I was Boston - I would have tried to get Michael Grabner or Evander Kane or Mike Hoffman - instead of giving up assets for rentals.

This is good for both teams: Boston gets more ammo for their playoff push. New York gets a nice return for a rental who wouldn't resign with the team.

*I am also surprised that there are 42 users who check out this trade but they can't join the GM Game*

Grabner is crap, Kane is a problem, Hoffman ok but I'm sure they inquired and Ottawa was probably asking way too much!! In the end, teams were targeting Bruins loaded young D and Bruins weren't willing to part with any of them
2 mars 2018 à 12 h 58
Quoting: DarylthePony
There were cheaper options out there. I do understand it, similar to what the Leafs did with Plekanec. Nash will be great for you guys, I just think you could have saved some money with other options.

who wants to save money!!! ???? Bruins spend to the cap every year!!!
2 mars 2018 à 13 h 19
get ur corsi up
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Quoting: PaulDunnill
who wants to save money!!! ???? Bruins spend to the cap every year!!!

I'm not talking salary wise. I'm saying there were options that would have cost less assets to acquire.
4 mars 2018 à 9 h 40
Quoting: Daryl
I'm not talking salary wise. I'm saying there were options that would have cost less assets to acquire.
//

I think the trade is working out just fine for Bruins thanks.....those "options" you're talking about wouldn't have the impact Nash can have. Bruins have a warehouse full of "assets", why not use some!!??
4 mars 2018 à 14 h 52
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Thought Id Update Point Production since trade

Nash - 2 Goals 1 Assist in 4 Games

For

Spooner - 1 Goal, 6 Assists in 4 Games

Beleskey - 2 Assists in 3 AHL Games

Add a 1st + Lindgren to this

Not hard to see who won this trade so far...
Kotkaniemi15 et Daryl a aimé ceci.
6 mars 2018 à 9 h 10
Rejoint: mars 2018
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Thought Id Update Point Production since trade

Nash - 2 Goals 1 Assist in 4 Games

For

Spooner - 1 Goal, 6 Assists in 4 Games

Beleskey - 2 Assists in 3 AHL Games

Add a 1st + Lindgren to this

Not hard to see who won this trade so far...

What about the dramatically improved play of DeBrusk and Krejci?
6 mars 2018 à 10 h 56
WentWughes
Quoting: dream_bruins
What about the dramatically improved play of DeBrusk and Krejci?

You could argue its Nash just as much as you could Argue that they are just hot right now.
6 mars 2018 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2018
You could argue its Nash just as much as you could Argue that they are just hot right now.

How many Bruins games have you seen lately? I'm not debunking your point but as a Bruins fan I've watched virtually every game this year and to me it's probably Nash. Simply stated, Nash is the large, physic scorer that Krejci thrives under, just like back when he had Lucic and Horton as wingers.
7 mars 2018 à 7 h 53
Modifié 7 mars 2018 à 8 h 48

Since Nash came over, Krejci has looked like a completely different player.

TBH though, I don't understand why people are fascinated on trying to figure out who won a trade lol. Nash is helping Boston win and Spooner is helping the Rangers...seems like a win win. I'd also not judge a trade based on G/A/Pts lol.
7 mars 2018 à 10 h 53
WentWughes
Quoting: ON3M4N
Since Nash came over, Krejci has looked like a completely different player.

TBH though, I don't understand why people are fascinated on trying to figure out who won a trade lol. Nash is helping Boston win and Spooner is helping the Rangers...seems like a win win. I'd also not judge a trade based on G/A/Pts lol.

The fact that Spooners (who is younger and a more valuable position) than Nash has more points is nuts. Rangers suck as a team and Bruins are good. If it was Nash for Spooner straight up, the fact that I could argue NYR still win is the crazy part.
7 mars 2018 à 11 h 3
The fact that Spooners (who is younger and a more valuable position) than Nash has more points is nuts. Rangers suck as a team and Bruins are good. If it was Nash for Spooner straight up, the fact that I could argue NYR still win is the crazy part.

Again, way more factors than who has more points lol. I mean its fine if that's your end all be all, but both teams got what they needed in this deal and both won when you take everything into consideration.
7 mars 2018 à 12 h 42
WentWughes
Again, way more factors than who has more points lol. I mean its fine if that's your end all be all, but both teams got what they needed in this deal and both won when you take everything into consideration.

Only way Bruins win this trade is if they win the cup, which at the end of the day, i dont think Nash wouldve factored in either way
7 mars 2018 à 12 h 58
Only way Bruins win this trade is if they win the cup, which at the end of the day, i dont think Nash wouldve factored in either way

LOL whatever makes you feel better. Bruins fans are more than happy with this trade and Rangers seem to be happy as well. Again not sure the obsession with who "wins" a trade when both teams benefited
7 mars 2018 à 13 h 51
WentWughes
LOL whatever makes you feel better. Bruins fans are more than happy with this trade and Rangers seem to be happy as well. Again not sure the obsession with who "wins" a trade when both teams benefited

So your telling me if bruins are out in the 1st round, your happy with a 35 YO UFA opposed to a 24 YO who puts up more points, a 1st round pick, and a decent Prospect?
7 mars 2018 à 14 h 6
So your telling me if bruins are out in the 1st round, your happy with a 35 YO UFA opposed to a 24 YO who puts up more points, a 1st round pick, and a decent Prospect?

Yes and here is why...

Spooner - was never part of the Bruins long-term plans. They've been trying to trade him for a few years now. He's a good offensive player, but didn't fit the Bruins system. Many B's fans (myself include) were actually surprised with his production this year. I wish him well in New York, but I caution NYR fans to pump the brakes on Spooner because he's a very streaking performer. He's going to hit a stretch where he's giving you nothing offensively and is hurting you defensively.

1st round pick - still a huge unknown and could never make an impact in the NHL. Not to mention Boston is loaded with prospects that we already don't have room for on the NHL roster.

Lindgren - solid prospect, but again he was probably 4th or 5th on the B's prospect list for LHD. Zboril, Lauzon, Vaak & Grz were all ahead of him and he would have had a tough road ahead getting a look with the Bruins. He actually a perfect example of what I said about the 1st rounder and having no where for him on the NHL roster.

So from the Bruins view what did we really give up? A guy who wasn't part of the future, an unknown and our #4/#5 LHD prospect. Even if the B's go out in the first round we went out and acquired what the team needed (a big scoring RW for Krejci) and didn't hurt our future NHL team plans or even put a dent in our prospect pool.

I could just as easily write why this was great for the Rangers too and that's why I'm saying they both win. From a team need, current situation/plan, it was a win/win for both teams. Lastly, I still don't understand what your fascination with points is in judging this deal. The only thing you keep coming back to his Spooner has more points. Guess what, if he was still in Boston there is no guarantee that he'd have the same production.
7 mars 2018 à 15 h 33
Buchnevesey
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 125
I understand the Bruins fans being ok with the trade now, but even with those reasons if the bruins fail to win the cup or re-sign Nash it seems pretty worthless for them
KSIxSKULLS et PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2018 à 13 h 21
Quoting: Buchnevesey
I understand the Bruins fans being ok with the trade now, but even with those reasons if the bruins fail to win the cup or re-sign Nash it seems pretty worthless for them

How so?

Spooner was gone after the season (we weren't paying him the money he wanted), the first again is an unknown and Lindgren would have had a tough time making the team. Even if Boston doesn't win the cup, they made a move to improve their roster and try to increase their chances. I mean by the thinking you're proposing, every team that trades for a rental and doesn't win a cup made a worthless move.
8 mars 2018 à 19 h 34
Emotionally in 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
How so?

Spooner was gone after the season (we weren't paying him the money he wanted), the first again is an unknown and Lindgren would have had a tough time making the team. Even if Boston doesn't win the cup, they made a move to improve their roster and try to increase their chances. I mean by the thinking you're proposing, every team that trades for a rental and doesn't win a cup made a worthless move.

While they may have all been considered to be expendable assets, you still have to consider the pure value of the pieces. The Bruins gave up too much value for the value that they got in return.
8 mars 2018 à 20 h 24
Quoting: krakowitz
While they may have all been considered to be expendable assets, you still have to consider the pure value of the pieces. The Bruins gave up too much value for the value that they got in return.

The funny thing about value is it differs from person to person. Every team values players on their own team and other teams differently. Hell the ACGM's on this site are living proof of that. So while you may feel like Boston gave up to much value, Boston fans don't feel that way.
10 mars 2018 à 10 h 4
I'm a Skatman
Mentions "j'aime": 295
fun excercise: go to the Boston Bruins forum and look what ourt favorite Boston homers thought of a Nash trade in the thread @tadhockey made on January 8th. and then look at this thread.. you two will just blindly defend everything Bruins-related right? also, kudos to @tadhockey for calling the trade two months in advance.
11 mars 2018 à 18 h 39
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
fun excercise: go to the Boston Bruins forum and look what ourt favorite Boston homers thought of a Nash trade in the thread @tadhockey made on January 8th. and then look at this thread.. you two will just blindly defend everything Bruins-related right? also, kudos to @tadhockey for calling the trade two months in advance.

They make Bruins fans look so bad here.

-Signed, a Bruins fan
11 mars 2018 à 19 h 45
Quoting: Icegirl
They make Bruins fans look so bad here.

-Signed, a Bruins fan

Same could be said for most fan bases....Very few people on here have an opinion worth reading.
12 mars 2018 à 22 h 47
The funny thing about value is it differs from person to person. Every team values players on their own team and other teams differently. Hell the ACGM's on this site are living proof of that. So while you may feel like Boston gave up to much value, Boston fans don't feel that way.

It's pointless ON3M4N, they are just "hating".....all your points are bang on from a Bruins fan point of view.....cheers!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage