SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Salary retention %

23 févr. 2018 à 17 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Hi, looks like Brassard is going to be dealt to Pittsburgh via a 3rd team for more salary retention to fit under Pens cap. I know a team can't retain more then 50% of a player salary but can more then 50% can be retained be multiple team?

Like with Brassard 5 millions, Ott retains 50% 2.5m flipped to Vegas who retains 50% of the remaining 2.5m so i would leave Brassard to Pittsburgh at 1.25m? Is it something possible? Is there a max salary retention by multiple team?
23 févr. 2018 à 17 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 128
Quoting: fortier1985
Hi, looks like Brassard is going to be dealt to Pittsburgh via a 3rd team for more salary retention to fit under Pens cap. I know a team can't retain more then 50% of a player salary but can more then 50% can be retained be multiple team?

Like with Brassard 5 millions, Ott retains 50% 2.5m flipped to Vegas who retains 50% of the remaining 2.5m so i would leave Brassard to Pittsburgh at 1.25m? Is it something possible? Is there a max salary retention by multiple team?

From my understanding, salary can be retained, at any percentage, on a player's contract twice.

So Ottawa could retain 50% of his contract in a trade to Vegas. His hit then becomes 2.5 mill.

Vegas could then retain another 50% in a trade to Pittsburgh. His hit drops to 1.25 mill.

Pittsburgh could not, however, trade him and retain further salary, or trade him back to either Vegas or Ottawa.
27 févr. 2018 à 21 h 32
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Quoting: mtdavis311
From my understanding, salary can be retained, at any percentage, on a player's contract twice.

So Ottawa could retain 50% of his contract in a trade to Vegas. His hit then becomes 2.5 mill.

Vegas could then retain another 50% in a trade to Pittsburgh. His hit drops to 1.25 mill.

Pittsburgh could not, however, trade him and retain further salary, or trade him back to either Vegas or Ottawa.

Yea, but only up to 50% per transaction..

So I guess he's getting paychecks from Ottawa, Vegas and Pittsburgh all at the same time, must be nice to be him.
2 mars 2018 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 128
Quoting: HawksFan28
Yea, but only up to 50% per transaction..

So I guess he's getting paychecks from Ottawa, Vegas and Pittsburgh all at the same time, must be nice to be him.

Ottawa didn't retain on him. Vegas is retaining 40%.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage