Forums/Armchair-GM

Karlsson to NYI really makes the most sense

Créé par: joshelkin
Équipe: 2017-18 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 22 févr. 2018
Publié: 22 févr. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
"The Senators are believed to be seeking a package of five-to-seven assets in return for Karlsson, a combination of impact roster players, draft picks and prospects. The inclusion of forward Bobby Ryan – who has four seasons left at $7.25 million – would reportedly lessen the package required to obtain Karlsson."

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-leaps-to-top-of-tsn-trade-bait-board-1.1006701
Transactions
NYI
  1. Karlsson, Erik
  2. Ryan, Bobby
Détails additionnels:
Hits the 5-7 piece ask the Sens want in a mixture of roster players, prospect and picks.

I figured adding in Ryan to "reduce" the ask of OTT can be offset by including Clutterbuck. OTT saves $3.75M on that swap and the term of their contracts are the same length. NYI marginally improves 3RW as well even though financial cost goes up
OTT
  1. Bellows, Kieffer
  2. Clutterbuck, Cal
  3. De Haan, Calvin
  4. Nelson, Brock
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (CGY)
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (NYI)
Détails additionnels:
(assumes extension with CDH is in place)
NYI
    Waivers
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NYI
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2275 000 000 $68 229 166 $0 $1 507 500 $6 770 834 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    3 300 000 $3 300 000 $
    AD, AG, C
    UFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    AD, C
    UFA - 2
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    666 667 $666 667 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    650 000 $650 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 4
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
    DD
    UFA - 1
    770 000 $770 000 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
    DG
    UFA - 3
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    4 187 500 $4 187 500 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    625 000 $625 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 11
    xd
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 209
    If you want the sens to take on Clutterbuck's contract you gotta add even more. Otherwise I like it. Maybe this is far off his actual value tho. Time will tell.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 14
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,760
    Quoting: HockeyWise
    If you want the sens to take on Clutterbuck's contract you gotta add even more. Otherwise I like it. Maybe this is far off his actual value tho. Time will tell.

What would you want NYI to add? This was just an idea to reduce the cost a little bit. I think OTT would like to shed almost $4M, but without Ryan/Clutterbuck involved I think it's a pretty reasonable trade. A 2C, Top-4 LHD, blue chip prospect and 2 potential lottery 1st's in a deep draft is a price that's hard to top IMO. Especially because there is no guarantee that EK65 signs an extension with NYI. He can't until July 1
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 21
    xd
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 209
    Quoting: joshelkin
    What would you want NYI to add? This was just an idea to reduce the cost a little bit. I think OTT would like to shed almost $4M, but without Ryan/Clutterbuck involved I think it's a pretty reasonable trade. A 2C, Top-4 LHD, blue chip prospect and 2 potential lottery 1st's in a deep draft is a price that's hard to top IMO. Especially because there is no guarantee that EK65 signs an extension with NYI. He can't until July 1

Add Beauvillier and/or Soderstrom to the mix, to make it really tasty for the Sens. Otherwise this is just an okay trade. They overpaid on Duchene they probably want something extremely huge for Karlsson
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 25
    NYI fan
    Rejoint: févr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 15
    not bad....I like that you included bellows. would really add to their rebuild. I think dehaan would resign there as he is from the area. I would swap clutterbuck (3.5) for leddy (5.5). If they intend to resign Tavares and Karlsson, there needs to be more money shed.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 31
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: HockeyWise
    Add Beauvillier and/or Soderstrom to the mix, to make it really tasty for the Sens. Otherwise this is just an okay trade. They overpaid on Duchene they probably want something extremely huge for Karlsson

Yeah Beau would probably not be included at this point because of how well he's clicked on the 2nd line with Barzal and Eberle. I would probably include Soderstrom if that's what it took. Even Ho-Sang. I think paying a premium to secure Karlsson goes a long way in keeping Tavares.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 33
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: goowy
    not bad....I like that you included bellows. would really add to their rebuild. I think dehaan would resign there as he is from the area. I would swap clutterbuck (3.5) for leddy (5.5). If they intend to resign Tavares and Karlsson, there needs to be more money shed.

I couldn't swallow trading Leddy. He's very important to the core of our defense. Imagine him and Karlsson as a pairing? Sheesh... What about throwing in someone like Pelech or Mayfield? That clears another $1.4 to $1.6M depending on which it is.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 39
    NYI fan
    Rejoint: févr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 15
    Adding Ryan and Karlsson at 7 and lets say 11 million dollars is massive dollars. If we keep Leddy, we would end up loosing Bailey, Lee or Eberle to clear cap space for the pending Tavares and Karlsson extension. Can't trade Boychuck or Ladd unfortunately. Nobody wants Zeeker or Clutters contracts. Just my thoughts, otherwise, I like where you are going with this. I'm not sure Garth has skills to pull this off.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 41
    HawksFan28
    Rejoint: déc. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 138
    That's too much to give up for a "long-term" rental.. And believe me that's exactly what Karlsson is at this point, and that's only "if" he waives for NYI and I would put the chances at that at 20%. But that's not the only problem because you can bet Karlsson will NOT re-sign unless the NYI are contenders, and right now they're not and I don't think anything will be different next season, and you can bet sending all those assets out of town wont change anything.

I mean the Islanders cant even get Tavares re-signed..

So yea, this makes no sense at all..... Just because a team has the assets doesn't mean it's in a position to bring in a player like Karlsson.

Going forward the Islanders would be much better off moving forward with he young assets they have.... Karlsson is not the answer for the Islanders.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 44
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: goowy
    Adding Ryan and Karlsson at 7 and lets say 11 million dollars is massive dollars. If we keep Leddy, we would end up loosing Bailey, Lee or Eberle to clear cap space for the pending Tavares and Karlsson extension. Can't trade Boychuck or Ladd unfortunately. Nobody wants Zeeker or Clutters contracts. Just my thoughts, otherwise, I like where you are going with this. I'm not sure Garth has skills to pull this off.

Haha I appreciate what you're saying. It's also possible to buy out Clutter. We save $3M and the cap hit stretched out is minimal. I agree with you, Garth probably won't do it.
    22 févr. 2018 à 10 h 47
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: HawksFan28
    That's too much to give up for a "long-term" rental.. And believe me that's exactly what Karlsson is at this point, and that's only "if" he waives for NYI and I would put the chances at that at 20%. But that's not the only problem because you can bet Karlsson will NOT re-sign unless the NYI are contenders, and right now they're not and I don't think anything will be different next season, and you can bet sending all those assets out of town wont change anything.

I mean the Islanders cant even get Tavares re-signed..

So yea, this makes no sense at all..... Just because a team has the assets doesn't mean it's in a position to bring in a player like Karlsson.

Going forward the Islanders would be much better off moving forward with he young assets they have.... Karlsson is not the answer for the Islanders.

NYI have like $35M in cap space next offseason (assuming cap goes to $80M) so they absolutely have the financial means to keep both. You may have to thin out other areas of the roster, but that shouldn't be a deterrent in potentially acquiring one of the 3 best defenseman in the entire league. From NYI's standpoint: De Haan is walking this offseason either way and Nelson needs a fresh start. If both of those guys may have new homes next season any way, why couldn't it be in OTT? Then, it's like acquiring EK for Bellows and two firsts. Slam dunk at that point
    22 févr. 2018 à 11 h 16
    HawksFan28
    NYI have like $35M in cap space next offseason (assuming cap goes to $80M) so they absolutely have the financial means to keep both. You may have to thin out other areas of the roster, but that shouldn't be a deterrent in potentially acquiring one of the 3 best defenseman in the entire league. From NYI's standpoint: De Haan is walking this offseason either way and Nelson needs a fresh start. If both of those guys may have new homes next season any way, why couldn't it be in OTT? Then, it's like acquiring EK for Bellows and two firsts. Slam dunk at that point

I never said the NYI didn't have the cap space, I said they don't have Tavares signed to an extension yet and there is a reason for that..

The Islanders have potential to perhaps be a contender 3 years down the road if they keep drafting and developing their players, trading all those assets for Karlsson would be going backwards.. Right now the Islanders are too far away from contending to justify such a trade because Karlsson (and Tavares) won't get the Islanders close to the cup or at least being a complete team that has the right veteran pieces to contend for the near future....

Obviously this is just my opinion but the NYI may have the pieces to get Karlsson to New York, but they're not the right fit because they're no where near contenders.. You better believe Karlsson at 27 has no interest to sit around and wait to win a cup and cups are not in the NYI future if they move all those assets (their farm, their future) for Karlsson.

Keep your assets and draft the next Karlsson - presently the NYI are sitting on a top 10 pick and there are MANY excellent defensemen in this draft - there's already an Erik Karlsson "clone" in Adam Boqvist so trade up and go that route because that would make a lot more sense than giving up the farm for Erik Karlsson at 27.
    22 févr. 2018 à 11 h 37
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: HawksFan28
    I never said the NYI didn't have the cap space, I said they don't have Tavares signed to an extension yet and there is a reason for that..

The Islanders have potential to perhaps be a contender 3 years down the road if they keep drafting and developing their players, trading all those assets for Karlsson would be going backwards.. Right now the Islanders are too far away from contending to justify such a trade because Karlsson (and Tavares) won't get the Islanders close to the cup or at least being a complete team that has the right veteran pieces to contend for the near future....

Obviously this is just my opinion but the NYI may have the pieces to get Karlsson to New York, but they're not the right fit because they're no where near contenders.. You better believe Karlsson at 27 has no interest to sit around and wait to win a cup and cups are not in the NYI future if they move all those assets (their farm, their future) for Karlsson.

Keep your assets and draft the next Karlsson - presently the NYI are sitting on a top 10 pick and there are MANY excellent defensemen in this draft - there's already an Erik Karlsson "clone" in Adam Boqvist so trade up and go that route because that would make a lot more sense than giving up the farm for Erik Karlsson at 27.

I see where you're coming from. All a matter of opinion. But with Garth at the helm I refuse to believe anything good or significant will take place. We have one playoff round win in 12 years with JT at a $5.5M hit. It's sad
    22 févr. 2018 à 11 h 54
    HawksFan28
    I see where you're coming from. All a matter of opinion. But with Garth at the helm I refuse to believe anything good or significant will take place. We have one playoff round win in 12 years with JT at a $5.5M hit. It's sad

Well, it seems you know what the problem is. Garth Snow should have been fired, but at least he's not Mike Milbury lol... And to think Hawks fans are questioning Stan Bowman, lol they must not pay attention to the state of other teams.

BTW, trading all those assets for Karlsson would be exactly the type of trade Milbury would have pulled off. He would make that deal, Karlsson would split for a contender next summer leaving Milbury looking like the clown that he is.. lol

The Islanders have been down this route many times... Spezza, Chara, Luongo, Jokienin, Bertuzzi, McCabe....Yashin.. I mean history doesn't always have to repeat itself.

The best way to create a contender in this era is to draft one..

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage