SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL / WSH) - 2019 5th round pick for Jerabek

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 23
A trade between Montreal Canadiens and Washington Capitals has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Canadiens de Montréal font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
Choix de 5e ronde en 2019 (WSH - #149 - Matvei Guskov)
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: -925 000 $
Les Capitals de Washington font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Capitals de Washington
Jakub Jeřábek · 925 000 $925 000 $925 000 $
Somme: 925 000 $925 000 $925 000 $
Variation: +925 000 $
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 28
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
This is weird. Why are we trading for more defensemen? This HAS to mean that Orpik's time with us is over. Has to.
rangersandislesfan et Missouri a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 29
WentWughes
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
Montreal gets a pick for a pending UFA (who was a scratch 8 games in a row)

Washington gets a Solid #6 Guy who has a good breakout pass and can create some offense. Not sure if he is better than who they currently have, but hes a good depth guy incase an injury happens

All in all id say its a fair trade with maybe Washington winning slightly
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 30
xd
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 209
Cheap return, caps get a cheap contract, 5-6 D with a good first pass
Imo worth late 3rd/ early 4th, not a late 5th...
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 31
Emotionally in 2018
Chorney was just claimed on waivers by CBJ. It makes more sense now, but hopefully we waive Orpik, keep Kempny in the lineup, and use Jerabek as our #7.
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 31
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,697
Quoting: krakowitz
This is weird. Why are we trading for more defensemen? This HAS to mean that Orpik's time with us is over. Has to.

Maybe something big brewing???
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 33
WentWughes
Quoting: HockeyWise
Cheap return, caps get a cheap contract, 5-6 D with a good first pass
Imo worth late 3rd/ early 4th, not a late 5th...

Honestly hes a #7 guy for the Caps TBH, he was scratched 8 games in a row with Montreal which proves that he really isnt all that great. He provides decent offense but his defensive play is questionable. Reminds me a Davidsson kind of player. Also habs got him for free in the offseason so we just got a free pick.
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 42
GM in the Making
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7
I look at Jakub as a 'tweener: too good for the AHL, mostly-unproven in the NHL. Caps gain some blue-line depth for the Playoffs with upside at the NHL level. It's an inexpensive gamble on their part, and clearly MB and the management group in Montreal didn't like enough of what they saw.

Like HockeyWise above, I would have liked to have seen him go for a 4th (maybe even tacking on a late pick, 7th or 6th), but a 5th is tolerable right now. If Jerabek proves to be amazing, well, was he ever going to be amazing in Montreal? Debatable at best.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 45
WentWughes
Quoting: BridgewatersFinest
I look at Jakub as a 'tweener: too good for the AHL, mostly-unproven in the NHL. Caps gain some blue-line depth for the Playoffs with upside at the NHL level. It's an inexpensive gamble on their part, and clearly MB and the management group in Montreal didn't like enough of what they saw.

Like HockeyWise above, I would have liked to have seen him go for a 4th (maybe even tacking on a late pick, 7th or 6th), but a 5th is tolerable right now. If Jerabek proves to be amazing, well, was he ever going to be amazing in Montreal? Debatable at best.

I dont think he sticks in Washington anyways, probably just a rental who will sign a cheap one-way deal in the offseason with a rebuilder type team
BridgewatersFinest a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 46
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
Honestly he never got a legitimate chance in MTL, it was his first time playing on North American ice, you’d have to think he’ll need a good while to adapt. Habs never really gave it to him.

I really didn’t get why he was a healthy scratch... Habs can’t breakout of their own zone....so let’s trade a guy who was able to show that’s what he was good at...and keep guys like Benn in the lineup instead... for me WSH win this, it’s a cheap gamble. Not because of the cheap return, because I’d say a 5th is fair for Jerabek right now, but because it still too soon to know what # defensemen he is. he could still be a legit NHL defensemen, or he just isn’t cut out for this league, who knows.
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 48
WentWughes
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Honestly he never got a legitimate chance in MTL, it was his first time playing on North American ice, you’d have to think he’ll need a good while to adapt. Habs never really gave it to him.

I really didn’t get why he was a healthy scratch... Habs can’t breakout of their own zone....so let’s trade a guy who was able to show that’s what he was good at...and keep guys like Benn in the lineup instead... for me WSH win this, it’s a cheap gamble. Not because of the cheap return, because I’d say a 5th is fair for Jerabek right now, but because it still too soon to know what # defensemen he is. he could still be a legit NHL defensemen, or he just isn’t cut out for this league, who knows.

If you can only be a #7 on Montreals blue line, your not a really an NHL calibre defensemen :P. Hopefully he achieves great things, but in my Opinion neither team wins this trade
21 févr. 2018 à 12 h 52
WentWughes
Something else I forgot to mention, With Shaw and Danault coming back from Injury we had 24 players on the roster and somebody had to be sent down. It was either him or Morrow being placed on waivers to open up a spot, so instead of losing somebody for free, we got a pick
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 13
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
If you can only be a #7 on Montreals blue line, your not a really an NHL calibre defensemen :P. Hopefully he achieves great things, but in my Opinion neither team wins this trade

You can argue Habs have 4 bottom pairing defensemen in their top 6....Benn, Alzner, Morrow, Schlemko..... if they were planning on moving Jerabek, you’d think they’d let him play the last 9 games he was scratched to see if they could get a bit more value out of him...
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 16
Habs/Pens fan
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 273
Couldn't crack the HABS top 6, no way he'll crack the caps top 6. At least we didn't lose him for free...
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 31
WentWughes
Quoting: Blazingbat11
You can argue Habs have 4 bottom pairing defensemen in their top 6....Benn, Alzner, Morrow, Schlemko..... if they were planning on moving Jerabek, you’d think they’d let him play the last 9 games he was scratched to see if they could get a bit more value out of him...

Yea I dont really see what they were trying to Achieve with that. For all we know they were shopping him since January and they didnt recieve a trade offer so they just let him sit
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 43
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: exo2769
Maybe something big brewing???

The only "big" thing that I hope happens is a waiving of Orpik. There's no room to make big moves on the blue-line anymore after acquiring Kempny and Jerabek.
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 48
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,697
The only "big" thing that I hope happens is a waiving of Orpik. There's no room to make big moves on the blue-line anymore after acquiring Kempny and Jerabek.

You don't think you can pair Orpik and Grub for something in return from AZ?

***EDIT***I'll toss out an example and let me know what you think???

Orpik/Grub/the other 3rd for rinaldo/raanta/Richardson? All UFAs...drop that cap dump next year get a backup goalie back for the playoffs. Yes you give up assets to drop orpik.
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 50
Go_Bruins
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Caps just getting some depth on defence
21 févr. 2018 à 13 h 52
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649

Yes, though Washington still wins ... they got a d-man with some good potential for a 5th.
21 févr. 2018 à 14 h 22
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: exo2769
You don't think you can pair Orpik and Grub for something in return from AZ?

***EDIT***I'll toss out an example and let me know what you think???

Orpik/Grub/the other 3rd for rinaldo/raanta/Richardson? All UFAs...drop that cap dump next year get a backup goalie back for the playoffs. Yes you give up assets to drop orpik.

I'm well aware that we have to give up something for Orpik to be gone.

Raanta has played really well for the Coyotes, so I don't think they want to take Orpik for Grubauer, when Raanta is their starter for now. I'd expect him to be resigned. Right now, I'd just keep Orpik stashed in the minors and trade Grubauer for futures. I don't see the need for us to acquire rentals when we can use Gruby to get something to help rebuild our farm system. If Orpik stays stashed in the minors, we'll still have the cap space to resign everyone and bring in a backup (assuming Grubauer gets traded).
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2018 à 14 h 25
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Yes, though Washington still wins ... they got a d-man with some good potential for a 5th.

I think we got the better end of the deal, but the deal kinda seems pointless to me. If we didn't already get Kempny, it's cool. But now we have 8 NHL defensemen, and Trotz likes to keep 22 players on the roster. If Bowey goes to Hershey, I want Trotz gone. Orpik is far and away the logical choice to move.
21 févr. 2018 à 15 h 16
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Looks like Washington is taking another shot at a deep run.
21 févr. 2018 à 16 h 31
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
3/4th among Habs D in relevant/relative possession stats last I checked. Closest to baseline in a number of other categories. Lower than expected offense, but hardly unique to him and he lacked opportunity.

The areas where he wasn't successful, he was at least on par with Schlemko and Morrow, and I feel like he had the most room to improve in all areas, because while they have all pretty much reached the end of their development, Jerabek still had a bit of an X factor as he better adapts to NHL ice.

I would have given him more time and played him above the other options at our disposal. Even if it meant losing one of them on waivers.
Blazingbat11 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2018 à 16 h 36
WentWughes
Quoting: ricochetii
3/4th among Habs D in relevant/relative possession stats last I checked. Closest to baseline in a number of other categories. Lower than expected offense, but hardly unique to him and he lacked opportunity.

The areas where he wasn't successful, he was at least on par with Schlemko and Morrow, and I feel like he had the most room to improve in all areas, because while they have all pretty much reached the end of their development, Jerabek still had a bit of an X factor as he better adapts to NHL ice.

I would have given him more time and played him above the other options at our disposal. Even if it meant losing one of them on waivers.

We got an asset over losing somebody for nothing, its good asset management the way i see it
21 févr. 2018 à 16 h 39
ArlingtonCapitals
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
We got an asset over losing somebody for nothing, its good asset management the way i see it

False. He is not waiver eligible - so you could have sent him to the AHL without him having to go through waivers.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage