Forums/GM Game 2017-18

San Jose Sharks Management Thread

6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Quoting: Missouri
I agree on your both deals! I am most excited about the Grabner deal. I don't know much about Niku, but he is supposed to have a Top 6 potential and that can even increase so, I think it is safe to give him a shot!

If you like I can keep talking to TrueNorth (Jets GM) to see what kind of a deal he might offer towards us.

If you want, we can divide up the negotiating so that you work on the rentals for now and I’ll work on the smaller deals like the Niku one if that works.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 52
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
What do you think of something like Joe Thorton at 50% for Svechnikov?
6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 53
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: matt59
If you want, we can divide up the negotiating so that you work on the rentals for now and I’ll work on the smaller deals like the Niku one if that works.

Ya that sounds good! I know more about the rental guys than I do the rookies.
matt59 a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 10 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
What do you think of something like Joe Thorton at 50% for Svechnikov?

For now I’d turn that down. We still have to get Thornton’s NMC waived and i have my Doubts about Svechnikov. I think for Thornton I’d prefer mainly picks. We already have so many prospects that if we add more it’ll be an impossible logjam and staying under the 50 contract limit will be a nightmare haha.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 11 h 2
Retired V2 V3 GM
For now I’d turn that down. We still have to get Thornton’s NMC waived and i have my Doubts about Svechnikov. I think for Thornton I’d prefer mainly picks. We already have so many prospects that if we add more it’ll be an impossible logjam and staying under the 50 contract limit will be a nightmare haha.

Ya I agree, I hope that we can get Thorton's NMC waived so that we can move him as a rental. I just sent an offer over to Toronto just to test what he would give us.
matt59 a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2018 à 15 h 43
Retired V2 V3 GM
Modifié 6 janv. 2018 à 18 h 16
Do you wanna make an offer on Spezza he can be our #1 center while the young guns are getting ready to go. He can also give us enough cap to keep us above the Cap floor.

Also:
NYI has interest in Joe Thorton if we can move the NMC.
Do you have any interest in Trevor Lewis as offensive depth and he can be a real leader in the locker room for the young players.
6 janv. 2018 à 18 h 17
Retired V2 V3 GM
Offer coming in from LA.

Trevor Lewis for Grabner as a base??

I think he needs to add quite a bit to that what do you think I should get him to add??
6 janv. 2018 à 22 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Do you wanna make an offer on Spezza he can be our #1 center while the young guns are getting ready to go. He can also give us enough cap to keep us above the Cap floor.

Also:
NYI has interest in Joe Thorton if we can move the NMC.
Do you have any interest in Trevor Lewis as offensive depth and he can be a real leader in the locker room for the young players.

Not interested in Spezza at all. He’s still good enough to have to give up assets to get him and it’s not worth it for a rebuilding franchise. Also, Trevor Lewis isn’t of much interest either. He’d need to add significantly to get Grabner.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2018 à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Just as a heads up, we will likely be pursuing a Justin Braun deal with Columbus and St. Louis soon. Package will be primarily oriented around picks and prospects. I would want to wait to move grabner until after this deal is done probably.
9 janv. 2018 à 22 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Also, we have a possible deal for Michael Grabner. Involves a good young prospect and cap dump for Grabner and a conditional pick. I think it’s a good return and helps fill salary/ long term needs. Beneficial deal for all sides imo.
10 janv. 2018 à 0 h 22
Retired V2 V3 GM
Just as a heads up, we will likely be pursuing a Justin Braun deal with Columbus and St. Louis soon. Package will be primarily oriented around picks and prospects. I would want to wait to move grabner until after this deal is done probably.

Also, we have a possible deal for Michael Grabner. Involves a good young prospect and cap dump for Grabner and a conditional pick. I think it’s a good return and helps fill salary/ long term needs. Beneficial deal for all sides imo.

Ok, that sounds good I have been keeping track of the Braun deal and I think it looks pretty good! I like the sounds of the Grabner deal as well. Are you able to tell me what team that deal is set up with, just cause I am curious.

I have still been trying to look for offers on Hansen haven't found anything yet though.
10 janv. 2018 à 0 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Ok, that sounds good I have been keeping track of the Braun deal and I think it looks pretty good! I like the sounds of the Grabner deal as well. Are you able to tell me what team that deal is set up with, just cause I am curious.

I have still been trying to look for offers on Hansen haven't found anything yet though.

The possible grabner trade would be with philadelphia. The braun deal still has some work to be done before it's close. Hansen I'm fine with moving for a 5th.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2018 à 18 h 18
Retired V2 V3 GM
Montreal wants to know what we have for a 6/7 RHD?
10 janv. 2018 à 22 h 23
Retired V2 V3 GM
Andersson is pretty much entirely untouchable, he’s one of my favorite prospects. Necas is bordering untouchable too. Eriksson Ek is a guy something maybe could work around. I know I’ve mentioned Chytil in the past, although idk how much that interests you.

I agree with you I really like Lias Andersson also!
11 janv. 2018 à 0 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Montreal wants to know what we have for a 6/7 RHD?

Tim Heed is the closest thing we have. He’s more of a 4/5 with power play upside though.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
11 janv. 2018 à 10 h 53
Retired V2 V3 GM
Modifié 12 janv. 2018 à 9 h 0
Trade offer from Edmonton:

Hansen for Gudbranson.

Also, just an idea here, what if we claim Loui Eriksson? He would give us some more cap to stay away from the cap floor. He has been having a tough time in Vancouver though.
12 janv. 2018 à 16 h 10
Retired V2 V3 GM

Hansen for Gudbranson.

Also, just an idea here, what if we claim Loui Eriksson? He would give us some more cap to stay away from the cap floor. He has been having a tough time in Vancouver though.

Another thing: Boston wants to know if we have any interest in David Backes? If so he would so something like Joel Ward or Jannik Hansen + for him.
12 janv. 2018 à 16 h 19
Retired V2 V3 GM
Another thing: Boston wants to know if we have any interest in David Backes? If so he would so something like Joel Ward or Jannik Hansen + for him.

Boston has now offered us a trade, (my reaction is NOO, IMO)
Backes for Hansen+Roy/Necas/Bean
14 janv. 2018 à 14 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Hansen for Gudbranson.

I'd be interested in Hansen for Gudbranson. Edmonton made that offer right? And Hard pass on the backes deal. He serves no purpose for us.
14 janv. 2018 à 14 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
In addition, the Sami Niku deal was completed. Niku for a 3rd.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2018 à 22 h 23
Retired V2 V3 GM
I'd be interested in Hansen for Gudbranson. Edmonton made that offer right? And Hard pass on the backes deal. He serves no purpose for us.

Yes Edmonton did make that offer. Yup I agree hard pass! LOL
matt59 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2018 à 22 h 28
Retired V2 V3 GM
Also I noticed we have added a Priority Move List:

Do you have the prices in mind yet on Stajan, Fehr, Halak, Kulikov, Sorensen? So if I go asking teams if they are interested, I can tell them the prices.

1. Higher end Pending UFAs (Grabner, Thornton, Halak)
2. Lower End Pending UFAs (Hansen, Ward, Stajan, Fehr)
3. Other Players of value (Kulikov, Braun, Martin, Sorenson)
15 janv. 2018 à 0 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Also I noticed we have added a Priority Move List:

Do you have the prices in mind yet on Stajan, Fehr, Halak, Kulikov, Sorensen? So if I go asking teams if they are interested, I can tell them the prices.

1. Higher end Pending UFAs (Grabner, Thornton, Halak)
2. Lower End Pending UFAs (Hansen, Ward, Stajan, Fehr)
3. Other Players of value (Kulikov, Braun, Martin, Sorenson)

Halak will be around a 2nd and a cap dump probably. Depends in part on who we’re taking back contractually. Guys in that second tier (Stajan, Fehr, Ward, Hansen) it’s whatever we can get for them. Late picks and such. Year does not matter. That third tier I’m undecided on. Will think about and get back to you later.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2018 à 11 h 38
Retired V2 V3 GM
Got some prices on some players. Just to give you some more info on other teams asking prices.

Quoting: TonyStrecher
Hutton - 2018 2nd or prospect of similar value
Del Zotto - 2018 3rd or prospect of similar value
Nilsson - 2018 3rd or prospect of similar value
19 janv. 2018 à 7 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Got some prices on some players. Just to give you some more info on other teams asking prices.

Ok sounds good. Also, I’ve dropped the asking price on Halak to a late round pick(s). There’s just not that big of a goalie market for contending teams right now so it’s a I’ll take what i can get for these guys type of thing. Better to get something of value for these guys than let them go for nothing.
Missouri a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage